Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Dressing for ice fishing

Hillsound trail crampon pro

<< < (3/4) > >>

alaska mike:
Let me know how you like them. They are the best all round crampons I have worn.

slipbob:
Thanks for sharing.  Those look great.  If I have one more kahtoola break next season I'm trying those puppies :tipup:

Champlain Islander:
They do look pretty nice and by design should be easy on and off which gives them a positive as compared to kahtoola. The plastic is a big detraction in my opinion. Too bad they didn't make those parts out of stainless. Still I think the Kahtoolas are hard to beat and will remain my choice.

jbird68:
YakTrax Summit look nice. But dang, they are $85. Don't know if they will fit over Cabela's pac boots.

alaska mike:
Just a 5 year update on the hillsound trail crampon. They are still going strong. Everybody was worried about the plastic sole piece, but no need to worry. I have climbed over boulders, lots of 3" and 4" rocks and the plastic has held up well. They are by far the best crampons I have ever had. I lived in alaska for 35 years, I have tried just about every kind of traction devices and these are the best for ice. Now, don't go walking inside on hardwood or laminate floors as these are very aggressive. But on ice, I don't think it is possible to slip with these, even on an icy slope. I am very happy with my purchase.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version