Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan

Leaving from Indiana 1-17-05

(1/1)

Yogi:
Anybody give a guy an idea what lake he should go to that has good ice.  I am a die hard ice fisherman from Fort Wayne Indiana.  We havent had ice around here for 3 weeks and it isnt going to come back as the surface temps in most lakes around here are in the lower 40's.  I am leaving tommarow.  I dont care what lake or where it is.  I just want some ideaswhere to go.  I dont care how far either.  I personally like fishing for perch crappie and bluegills.  I am a big tip up fisherman for pike to.  I really just want to ice fish and I have a good chanch to catch some fish.  If you have any info on baits and colors and lakes please let me know.  Any info from you guys is greatly appreciated.  Thanks guys good luck to you all and be safe.  I will post when I get back Friday night how I did.

Thanks
Yogi

ted:
  try houghton.  they have good ice on cooks bay at lake simcoe in canada.  www.nfl.ca  lots of information about lake simcoe here .  takes about 4  1/2 hours from the ambassador bridge  in detroit. they are killing the perch there but you have to do alot of sorting

ICE C 4:

--- Quote from: Yogi on Jan 17, 2006, 07:55 PM ---Anybody give a guy an idea what lake he should go to that has good ice.  I am a die hard ice fisherman from Fort Wayne Indiana.  We havent had ice around here for 3 weeks and it isnt going to come back as the surface temps in most lakes around here are in the lower 40's.  I am leaving tommarow.  I dont care what lake or where it is.  I just want some ideaswhere to go.  I dont care how far either.  I personally like fishing for perch crappie and bluegills.  I am a big tip up fisherman for pike to.  I really just want to ice fish and I have a good chanch to catch some fish.  If you have any info on baits and colors and lakes please let me know.  Any info from you guys is greatly appreciated.  Thanks guys good luck to you all and be safe.  I will post when I get back Friday night how I did.

Thanks
Yogi

--- End quote ---

ICE C 4:

--- Quote from: ICE C 4 on Jan 18, 2006, 01:40 PM ---

--- End quote ---
try twin lakes near lewiston mi I75 to m33 to co rd 612 west
go luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version