Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan

Coldwater Chain Lakes

(1/3) > >>

{RPF}Rapala Pike Fisherman:
Im going up to Coldwater Michigan this thursday for ice fishing, and am making sure there is ice on the lakes. Does anybody know??

Bigbass101:
I fished Shoals last Sunday.  There was 4 1/2 inches in some spots, and 1 inch in others.  Be careful.  You will need to know a resisdent to get on back there.  There is no public access near there. 

I'm told the channels on Long lake never freeze too good.  Apparently there are quite a few springs in there. 

Talked to a guy that checked Marble out a few days ago before the wet snow.  He said there was 2 to 2 1/2 inches of ice, and no one out there.  He didn't bother to risk it. 

I'm just guessing, but I would say the lakes aren't too safe at this point.  I may check the area I fished last Sunday again this weekend.  I'm not sure how the ice will be with all that wet snow we got. 

{RPF}Rapala Pike Fisherman:
Well we have a cottage on Long Lake, so thats what I'm going to be primarily fishing, and maybe Middle lake, if there are other people up there. Our cottage is right on a channel, so thats how we're planning on getting out there.

northchain:
RPF,  If Long and Middle don't look good when you get there, you might want to check out Messenger on the West side of Coldwater.  It is just a few minutes drive from the Coldwater-Marble Chain.  There were 5 or 6 inches of ice last week, near the boat launch, but not the entire lake.  Numerous anglers out there every day.

WntrMrngWood:
yeah messenger....my buddy's been limiting out in the afternoon on gills.  don't know any specifics on location or jig selection.  good luck, have fun, be safe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version