Author Topic: IceFishingBear Speaks The Truth About Monster Gills  (Read 2179 times)

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
IceFishingBear Speaks The Truth About Monster Gills
« on: Nov 02, 2004, 11:58 PM »
At this lake the bluegills are indeed huge. A tremendous population of small to midsize largemouth bass keep them from getting too numerous. They honestly average about 11". An honest, weighed and measured one pound gill is small at this lake. I have fished it many times for several years and have released several gills in the 3 - 3.5 pound class. They hit full sized bass poppers and crankbaits along with more traditional bluegill fare. I fish this lake all the time, and believe me, he speaks the truth. I know it sounds incredible to believe that 2 pound gills are common in this lake, but I will take some pics this spring and summer of gills and show you he's right.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: IceFishingBear Speaks The Truth About Monster Gills
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2004, 11:28 AM »
Can we PLEASE let this issue die allready???  I thought this was beat to death 3 times over already?
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2004, 09:52 PM »
Can we PLEASE let this issue die allready???  I thought this was beat to death 3 times over already?

yeah, it was just that a couple members really ridiculed me and I guess we both, having caught these monster gills, found it offensive. That's why in one trip mind you after I read the offensive comments on mff, I went out and got the catch and release record.
Lock the post tyler, it don't matter to me what these easterners think 8) They've had proof enough and those ones that still won't believe it.... lets just say i'll augment my photo album as long as you'll take the pictures of me ;D
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2004, 09:06 PM »
Please try to keep topics on this board pertaining to bluegill tips.

Thanks,
Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.