Author Topic: Fishing report 02/03  (Read 2329 times)

Offline CBOYCE1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 25" walleye on 2lb test with a 3mm jig STUD!!!!!
Fishing report 02/03
« on: Feb 04, 2018, 08:12 AM »
Mcfishinwv and I had a great day of fishing Saturday. Edges were all solid and the ice was 10” thick. We had a pretty steady bite all day. I ended up catching most of my fish jigging. A pike and a perch were the only fish for me on tip ups.  Gold and silver jigs tipped with wax worms sored most lips. 30 perch 6 smallmouth 3 walleye 2 pike 2 bluegill and a rockbass. 6 different species.
If our father had had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.

Offline McfishinWV

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fishing report 02/03
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2018, 12:07 PM »
That nightfall bite was something else. Been awhile since I’ve seen that much activity at dark. The hole that produced goes to show not to give up on fish. Drilled that hole mid-morning and marked fish everytime I put the flasher in it, but could never get an eat. At dark, ended up getting a bite on every drop in that hole for about 20 min straight. Guess they were there all day just literally not hungry until nightfall. Enjoyed the day man!

Offline flyfishbowhunticefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2018, 12:53 PM »
I was wondering how u guys were doing down there. Figured it was y'all. Glad to see you had some good action too. We did pretty good early morning, then at night the panfish rolled in thick, but after dark they just shut off...  They were still under us but wouldn't bite anything I had to offer. 3 crappie after dark was it. In total we had one monster largemouth, small mouth, perch, walleye, crappie, bluegill, northerns, and pickerel. A rockbass and a trout would have made a deep creek slam!

Y'all catchin?

Offline CBOYCE1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2018, 02:35 PM »
I seen the Eskimo shack and figured it was you. Glad you guys did well also. Great day to be on the ice.
If our father had had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.

Offline CBOYCE1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2018, 02:41 PM »
That setup looks good in the pictures. Especially that ice rod. Guaranteed to increase your catch rate by 83% or your money back

Offline flyfishbowhunticefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2018, 04:17 PM »
I'm expecting the fish to be there for a while. Hopefully the gills keep coming and bring the crappie with em.
Y'all catchin?

Offline Old School

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2018, 09:47 PM »
Don't forget DCL  kids fishing day next Saturday. I might bring some young palm rod beginners over.

Good meeting you guys!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.