Author Topic: BAIT PUCK  (Read 3574 times)

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: BAIT PUCK
« Reply #30 on: Jan 07, 2009, 06:23 AM »
I got mine at the St Paul ice show 2 seasons ago, and they cut me a mean deal. $5 for two of the small ones and one of the big nightcrawler/leech ones. Can't beat that!! And yes, I use mine all the time.

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 07, 2009, 08:16 AM »
You can order then off the Strikemaster website for $6.50, but with the shipping they might be a little pricier. Search the internet to find your best shipping price , they will definitely be worth the money as they will last you a lifetime. " Great Product ".

Offline Steelhead King

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 07, 2009, 08:27 AM »
i just got 2 small 1 big one wigglers in the big one waxies and moussies in the small one
great  idea for the wigglers ....
CUT THE BULLCRAP

Offline Xpressman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 07, 2009, 08:46 AM »
Here's a review I did on them last year.

Check out the newest outdoors gadgets field tested and reviewed by OWO Pro-Staff.
This weeks feature gadget... StrikeMaster Bait Puck

Review:
    While my initial reaction to these new little devices was," It's a fancy chew tin", my opinion soon changed.  I was heading out to my home lake on a spur of the moment trip and did not have any bait.  I was forced to stop at the local quick stop and buy some waxies that came in a wonderful plastic cup.  You know the ones that you might get crushed red peppers or parmesan cheese with your favorite delivery pizza.

Anyway, I was having a good afternoon on the ice and had put one of the waxies cups in the pocket of my new ice armor coat. Stupid!  The waxies were set free some time from the last fish I caught and my arrival home. Needless to say cleaning waxies and saw dust out of a fleece pocket is neither fun or easy.  Thus my quest for this to never happen again. The next day I stopped at my local Gander Mountain and picked up two small StrikeMaster Bait Pucks.  These pucks are made of a very solid molded plastic, have a threaded lid, are insulated and are refrigerator safe.  I found them easy to access bait out of and they are easily stored just about anywhere.  I also found that these pucks keep waxies very fresh and greatly reduce waxie casualties. Overall I find these little pucks to be a great tool and I have since bought the larger puck for keeping my bulk waxie supply.

Dave

Offline jkoegel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 07, 2009, 09:37 AM »
35mm film?!? whats that?  ??? My bait shop used to sell mousies and spikes in them, They were nice to carry. I use 3 of the old skoal chew cans, all plastic no metal lids. They work well for me. But I'm going to try a bait puck after all the glowing reviews on here.

Offline Nozzlejocky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wisconsin...where God goes to relax!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 07, 2009, 12:02 PM »
You bet!   ;D  One of the greatest things to hit the ice in years.  They are sized well and function great.  I usually use the smaller sizes, but I do have one large one that I use for minnows occasionally.  They sure beat crushing those little store packs in your pockets.

Offline 7lazy77

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO POKES!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 07, 2009, 12:52 PM »
Anybody know how these pucks work in the summer?  Will they keep your bait cool for a period of time while out on the lake?

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 07, 2009, 06:02 PM »
Well, after hearing everyone talking about how good these bait pucks are, I stopped by and picked up a 2 pack tonight. Are the only two colors they come in the red and the yellow? I put the red died spikes in the red one, the natural spikes in the yellow one, and I would like to have at least a third color to put waxies, and maybe a 4th color for mousies. I do only see the 2 colors on thier website though. Anyone know??????

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 07, 2009, 06:15 PM »
Bait pucks  kick a$$!!   I bought one last year, gonna pick up another one this year

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #39 on: Jan 07, 2009, 06:59 PM »
Well, after hearing everyone talking about how good these bait pucks are, I stopped by and picked up a 2 pack tonight. Are the only two colors they come in the red and the yellow? I put the red died spikes in the red one, the natural spikes in the yellow one, and I would like to have at least a third color to put waxies, and maybe a 4th color for mousies. I do only see the 2 colors on thier website though. Anyone know??????

2 colors. For more options go solid on your spike pucks. Switch tops on the other 2 for waxies. In other words you will have a red top on yellow container/yellow top on red puck. Now you have 4 identifiable containers. ;)

dc

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 07, 2009, 07:10 PM »
LOL.... good thought..... I might just do that. Man, that sure is a lot of remembering though....lol.

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warranty Void if Seal is Broken
« Reply #41 on: Jan 08, 2009, 08:43 AM »
The Bait pucks work great, you can keep them in a small cooler with hand warmers to keep the bait alive.

I like that they are hard to crush, so I don't have a mess in my pocket.

one of the "must have" items.

Hope this helps,

Wiener

Offline Xpressman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:17 AM »
Anybody know how these pucks work in the summer?  Will they keep your bait cool for a period of time while out on the lake?

The large pucks work well for keeping leeches in during open water fishing. We transfer a couple dozen at a time out to have leeches readily available without having to move.

Offline JoeM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:21 AM »
The pucks are the way to go. I use mine year round.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.