Author Topic: Looking for best Garmin unit for LVS32 Livescope transducer? 73sv or 73cv?  (Read 3580 times)

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
I purchased the Livescope system at Cabelas last night and need to purchase Fishfinder to go with it. What has been working the best for you all on ice?

Offline markinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
I don’t have livescope, but it is my understanding (not 100%) that the only difference between the CV & SV units are the transducers.

Compatible units:
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/591379#devices

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
I would try and find a nine inch screen. 93sv echomap plus. The sv stands for sideimaging and downimaging along with 2D , the cv has down imaging and 2D but no side.

Only makes a difference if you plan on using on boat during open water. Both SI and DI need movement to work as designed.

Most of the livescope users claim nine screen fine .
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
I don’t have livescope, but it is my understanding (not 100%) that the only difference between the CV & SV units are the transducers.

Compatible units:
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/591379#devices

The CV unit does downvu only on open water, the sv has sidevu.

Op- Cabela's and Bass pro will have the Echomap Plus 93sv for $599.99 for their Black Friday sale. I'd buy one of those.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Agree with Kayle, get the 9", if you don't you will wish you had!

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
Agree with Kayle, get the 9", if you don't you will wish you had!

I should have mentioned that I had the 7" Echomap chirp with the PS22 and upgraded to the 9" Echomap Plus with the PS22 at first and now Livescope and love the 9" screen.

Offline Alex Bergel

• IceShanty Rookie
I would highly recommended the 93sv Echomap Plus.  It will fit inside a Clam Flasher Bag.  The extra 2" of screen makes a huge difference when you have the unit setting on the ice a few feet in front of you instead of in your lap right in front of your face

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Awesome! Thank you guys for your input! I will go with 93sv then. Love this site! Good luck out there this season and safe travels!

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Kayl- where did you see the Echomap Plus 93sv at Cabelas or BPS for $599? I see the 73sv for $599, but not 93.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Kayl- where did you see the Echomap Plus 93sv at Cabelas or BPS for $599? I see the 73sv for $599, but not 93.

It is in their black Friday ad, starts next Friday. Don't forget to use your 20% off gift cards and activejunky portal to make it really count....I wouldn't do the 73, even the 93 isn't as big as a guy could use.....too bad livescope can't hook up to like an iPad pro😀

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
It is in their black Friday ad, starts next Friday. Don't forget to use your 20% off gift cards and activejunky portal to make it really count....I wouldn't do the 73, even the 93 isn't as big as a guy could use.....too bad livescope can't hook up to like an iPad pro😀
I really don't get why they don't have a way for all fishing electronics to hook up to something like an iPad or something equivalent.  There's no way there's more technology in a fish finder than a tablet.  I guess they have you stuck so you gotta buy the fish finder, but I would think they could sell some module or whatever to allow it.  Rant over.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
I really don't get why they don't have a way for all fishing electronics to hook up to something like an iPad or something equivalent.  There's no way there's more technology in a fish finder than a tablet.  I guess they have you stuck so you gotta buy the fish finder, but I would think they could sell some module or whatever to allow it.  Rant over.

Especially since the livescope uses its own box, but I do believe the 93sv has video out option if you wanted it on a larger tv in a wheelhouse or so

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
-mboss Can you tel me more about "20% off gift cards and using your portaljunky" please?

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Cabelas had a deal going on their gift cards where they were offering 10% off, but if you bought 2 or more of the $25 or $50 cards, you actually got 20% off.

The portal is an oine shopping portal at ActiveJunky.com that offers 7-12% off depending on the day for Cabelas, as well as other discounts on other outdoor gear sites. You can also sometimes find $20 off a $100 purchase mailings if you're lucky. I haven't seen one in a while though.

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice! Thanks GBguy!

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
I should mention, activejunky offers cash back, not a percentage off. So you get the cash back paid quarterly. It adds up quick on bigger purchases, bit it still pays to shop around as sometimes the prices on Cabelas and other websites are still more than other retailers.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
I should mention, activejunky offers cash back, not a percentage off. So you get the cash back paid quarterly. It adds up quick on bigger purchases, bit it still pays to shop around as sometimes the prices on Cabelas and other websites are still more than other retailers.

93sv for $599 will be hard to beat (especially if you just stocked up on those gift cards, I got my today worth $250, but card was only charged $200, 20%

Offline JohnJ1981

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DEUS VULT
I would bet that it has to do with $$$$$$$ and LICENSING. they can build their own stuff and not have to pay the evil Apple (Apple with a bite out of it logo, 🤔) recurring payments to use their platform. Same goes with android/google. Anyways that would be my guess as to why they make their own gear and limit you to it.
“Some of us are wise, and some of us are otherwise” M.R. Levin...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.