Author Topic: Heritage Laker reels?  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Jessechop

• Team IceShanty Regular
Heritage Laker reels?
« on: Feb 06, 2013, 12:00 PM »
I have one heritage Laker that is about 5 years old and I love it. It has a plastic reel. I was in a local sporting goods store and noticed they had a decent deal going on Lakers and was going to buy some, however the reel is different than what my old Laker has. I was wondering if the new reel was more prone to breaking or not. I have never broke the "old" style real, matter of fact I am very happy with it

Offline trtman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Heritage Laker reels?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2013, 03:41 PM »
Actually the " really " old ones have alum. reels. The " newer" one have black plastic. Either way they are the best that i've used and I have some of both.

Offline Jessechop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2013, 04:33 PM »
Actually the " really " old ones have alum. reels. The " newer" one have black plastic. Either way they are the best that i've used and I have some of both.

Hmm, they were definetly different. I do love the one I have. I bought 1 of each of a bunch of traps, a Jack Trap, A Jack Trap copy, a Polar and on down the line to see what I liked best. The heritage is by far the best

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2013, 05:32 PM »
Jessechop I also own a few Heritage Lakers ,two with metal reels and one plastic. I do not know how durable the plastic reels are on the current model compared to older ones . Heritage only switched to plastic reels in the past ten years or less time to my knowledge.
  A Ice Shanty website sponsor Kittery Trading Post carries replacement parts for Heritage Lakers ,they list two different plastic reels and also metal reel. Hope this is of some help to you and others.

www.kitterytradingpost.com

Steve

Offline bait trap

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Original Iceshanty Join date Feb 2004. FRESHBAIT
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2013, 06:05 PM »
The heritage plastic reels a wicked rugged.  You won't have any problems with them if you want replacement reels check out the kittery tradng post or the heritage laker website for parts. 
Checkin traps and making sure there's FRESHBAIT!!!
[

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.