The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Rain and warm Temps  (Read 3301 times)

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Rain and warm Temps
« Reply #30 on: Feb 04, 2022, 05:56 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline Fishingjg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 04, 2022, 07:51 AM »
How is the weather up North, did it switch over yet, we still have rain down here? The plan is Mauch Chunk tomorrow, we had 11" last week so we are hoping that there will be plenty of ice.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:27 AM »
looking out my window, it's just wet. Doesn't even look like it's raining at the moment. In the high 20's. Hopefully it'll have a chance to drain off the roads a bit before it freezes.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:32 AM »
Switched over to freezing rain in the early morning. I left the house in Pike Co at 4:30 this morning it was 34* and just rain. By the time I got to work it was 32 and starting to freeze. Promised Land says 28* now and still freezing rain.

Where's the FISH?!

Offline OhhDam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:37 AM »
We ended up with way more rain (over 1") than expected. But with the dropping temps from here, I am still feeling good about SWPA this weekend and hopefully several more weeks. 

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #35 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:38 AM »
looking out my window, it's just wet. Doesn't even look like it's raining at the moment. In the high 20's. Hopefully it'll have a chance to drain off the roads a bit before it freezes.

I'm 3 miles east  of promised land and the sane elevation and it's still raining and hasn't dipped below 32 yet.  It hit 32 at 730 then back up to 34 now

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline Mr. Charlie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 04, 2022, 11:31 AM »
About 1.25 inches of rain in southern Luzerne county. Under freezing at 27 degrees currently. Have not been out to check any bodies of ice/water. Stream across from my house is raging.
Keep yer worms warm!

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Feb 04, 2022, 01:22 PM »
You know sometimes we just can't win with mother nature.  Next week they want a spike in temps.

Offline BIGDEERHUNTER63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 04, 2022, 02:44 PM »
Any lake that has a big creek running into it is prolly shot even if there is 12 " of ice on it , the water is prolly muddy and not good to ice fish.

Offline Mr. Charlie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 04, 2022, 04:30 PM »
I’m gonna head northwest this weekend. All snow out there. The drag will be bad but I’m hoping for good fishing.
Keep yer worms warm!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 04, 2022, 05:30 PM »
I just checked our private lake in Pike Co.  Little puddling and slush(maybe 2”) in isolated spots but shoreline is tight and most of the lake is solid(no slush/water). Tonight low of 11 should freeze even the slush/puddling spots.
Where's the FISH?!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.