The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Green Lane Reservoir  (Read 1126 times)

Offline stormspotterlive

• IceShanty Rookie
Green Lane Reservoir
« on: Feb 01, 2022, 03:07 PM »
Was wondering if anyone here has been out on green lane reservoir I had heard through word of mouth this past weekend there were people out on the lake not sure how thick the ice is. Hopefully the rain/potential ice storm later this week does not mess things up here or other lakes up.
Thanks in advance!

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Green Lane Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2022, 06:46 PM »
I’ve always wondered about greene lane too.  It’s just been that the last few winters it hasn’t been cold enough for good ice down in that neck of the woods.  I would think that this year you would have safe ice on there but I’m not sure ???

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2022, 07:38 PM »
I think Green Lane is a county park. They didn't used let anyone on the ice unless it is at least 6". Better than Hibernia where they don't let you ice fish period. :P

Offline stormspotterlive

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2022, 08:28 PM »
I think Green Lane is a county park. They didn't used let anyone on the ice unless it is at least 6". Better than Hibernia where they don't let you ice fish period. :P

I will check it out Saturday if no good we are gonna check out ontelaunee and try by the cove off 73 there. Fingers crossed green lane is safe though.

Offline walleyeken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2022, 08:41 PM »
never ice fished it but maybe this will be the year. 

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2022, 08:56 PM »
Stormspotterlive if you do check it out give a heads up.  Would like to take the wife there.

Offline stormspotterlive

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2022, 10:07 PM »
Stormspotterlive if you do check it out give a heads up.  Would like to take the wife there.
Will do heading out Saturday!

Offline ChadH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2022, 06:20 PM »
I thought they didn't allow ice fishing at green lane reservoir? Thought they only allowed it at deep creek lake. I could be wrong though? I'm sure fishing the big lake would be great through the ice though

Offline ice-phanatic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2022, 08:56 PM »
I thought they didn't allow ice fishing at green lane reservoir? Thought they only allowed it at deep creek lake. I could be wrong though? I'm sure fishing the big lake would be great through the ice though
[/quote

Correct. Green Lane reservoir prohibits ice fishing. 25 acre Deep Creek lake (located in green Lane park and confusingly called green lane sometimes) opens and closes to ice fishing when the park posts this.

Offline stormspotterlive

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:16 AM »
Buddy called the park the other day and they said People were ice fishing on all 3 lakes. The rule is ice must be 5 inches thick to ice fish on it. we called back this morning but the Park rangers were out checking conditions and they said to call back around 11:30. So I will let you all know what they say.

Offline stormspotterlive

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:18 AM »
[/quote

Correct. Green Lane reservoir prohibits ice fishing. 25 acre Deep Creek lake (located in green Lane park and confusingly called green lane sometimes) opens and closes to ice fishing when the park posts this.

Maybe it changed this year not sure but the park office said all 3 lakes were being fished on last weekend.

Offline walleyeken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2022, 07:40 AM »
Any new news here?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.