Author Topic: quick license question  (Read 17126 times)

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: quick license question
« Reply #60 on: Dec 04, 2008, 04:37 PM »
 ::) perhaps if you go back and add "nondriver id" to your posts you could create less confusion
 ;) click modify, include, non driver id ,save Post :laugh:
oh wait did i miss some thing ::) no ;however as the thread now reads others have

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Dec 04, 2008, 04:45 PM »
I just can't help myself I have to post again (5 pages and counting)
Where's that energizer bunny I've seen on here before.
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Dec 04, 2008, 05:25 PM »
584 views  :o  suppose it may freeze solid this weekend  :P we all hope so  :laugh:

Offline FRSH-WTR-FSH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Dec 04, 2008, 05:47 PM »
rob-s where are you from. i wanna get out on the ice some time and meet some of the NH shanty members. If your ever fishing in the goffstown/Manchester let me know

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Dec 04, 2008, 05:50 PM »
rob-s where are you from. i wanna get out on the ice some time and meet some of the NH shanty members. If your ever fishing in the goffstown/Manchester let me know

:nono: have you a leagle licence  :callcops: :woot:

Offline FRSH-WTR-FSH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Dec 04, 2008, 05:58 PM »
not plannin on fishin i just wanna get out on the ice for a little while.. and after christmas break im gonna buy a legal NON-RESIDENT license and try to get out there a couple days a week

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Dec 04, 2008, 08:44 PM »
not plannin on fishin i just wanna get out on the ice for a little while.. and after christmas break im gonna buy a legal NON-RESIDENT license and try to get out there a couple days a week

I am going to put a new spin on it!

CHICKEN!
[/size]

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Dec 04, 2008, 08:46 PM »
I just can't help myself I have to post again (5 pages and counting)
Where's that energizer bunny I've seen on here before.

I found that one, annnnnd here he is LOL :laugh:

Offline FRSH-WTR-FSH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Dec 04, 2008, 09:16 PM »
WOW ... gettin called out after this five page argument about me needing to get a license, every F&G officer is gonna have my name and picture on their sleds, im not takin my chances now. thnx alot ;D

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Dec 05, 2008, 06:51 AM »

:D

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Dec 05, 2008, 06:54 AM »

do you know anyone on campus with a licence? do you have a minnow trap? i havent had any luck trapping any in pinardville area
however i havent tryed the bever pond down behind the school,it may be worth a try.
take a walk down there  and see if its froze over.have you been there ?
another spot may be across from shaws above the dam.
my trap was stolen so i may try to get out to massabeci circle to buy another then give it a go,
 when do you go on christmass break ?

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Dec 05, 2008, 06:57 AM »
kurren, were do you buy your minnows? do they sell them in newboston at the sport shop there?

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #72 on: Dec 05, 2008, 07:01 AM »
the only place that sells them around here is wildlife over at massabesic.

when i was a kid, there was Caza's bait shop on mast rd....they're long gone now. i don't know about that shop in new boston.

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Dec 05, 2008, 07:04 AM »
I usually get my bait at wildlife now.  I used to get bait exclusively at Steve's Sportsmens Den before he closed.  He always had nice pin minnows, smelt, and suckers.  Wildlife just doesn't have the variety... nothing big enough to interest big bass or anything.

I've been thinking about getting a bait dealers license... not to actually deal bait, but just to be permitted to bring bait into the state.  Merrimack Bait down in Mass has the pike shiners and the bass love them.  If I had a way of storing them, I would buy a whole bunch, bring them up here, and sell them at cost to share with people.

I actually didn't even realize there was a sports shop in New Boston.  There used to be, but I didn't know they were still in business.  I have never been in there though.

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Dec 05, 2008, 07:06 AM »
the only place that sells them around here is wildlife over at massabesic.

when i was a kid, there was Caza's bait shop on mast rd....they're long gone now. i don't know about that shop in new boston.

ever trap your own? im too dam cheep to buy them

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #75 on: Dec 05, 2008, 07:44 AM »
I thought about it but didn't act quick enough this year.  I guess I was distracted with hunting season.  A woman I work with has a pond on her property that is full of shiners.  She said it's locked up now though, so too late this year unless I feel like chippin' ice.

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Dec 05, 2008, 08:01 AM »
Knurren if you take a chainsaw you can cut yourself a nice size hole to put our traps in then just keep it covered and it won't freeze as fast ice will still form but it will be easy to chip away. I used to do something similar to that, to store minnows on the lake by my shack. I built a little holding tank out of wood and wire cut a hole with my chainsaw and dropped the holding tank in the lake to store left over bait.

Wow this thread is all over the place

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Dec 05, 2008, 08:05 AM »
John, don't waste your time with a dealer's license.  I had one and it was much more a PIA than it was worth. I had to buy 10#s of med shiners which was almost 80doz at a wack to get dealer rates!  

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Dec 05, 2008, 08:37 AM »
Knurren if you take a chainsaw you can cut yourself a nice size hole to put our traps in then just keep it covered and it won't freeze as fast ice will still form but it will be easy to chip away. I used to do something similar to that, to store minnows on the lake by my shack. I built a little holding tank out of wood and wire cut a hole with my chainsaw and dropped the holding tank in the lake to store left over bait.

Wow this thread is all over the place

It's not too all over the place... I did mention the bait dealers license.  lol

That's a great idea, but I don't know if I have the ambition.  I'm not sure how my co-worker would feel with me showing up at her house with a chainsaw or at 4 am to get bait for the day.   ;D

Ben, I really just wanted the license so I can legally bring shiners to NH from other states because I haven't found anyone yet that carries the big pike shiners.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Dec 05, 2008, 08:48 AM »

Ben, I really just wanted the license so I can legally bring shiners to NH from other states because I haven't found anyone yet that carries the big pike shiners.

How big do you want the shiners to be when you say "pike shiners?"

Off Grove Baits in Antrim use to carry "Large/Heavy" shiners that I use on Winni for cusk. They are about 6" long on average. Any place that sells bait can order you what you want if you give them notice. Also, try Mark's in Nashua. Call them, they are a wholesale place. You might be able to buy at retail costs from them.

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Dec 05, 2008, 08:52 AM »
I carry big arkansas that range from 5"-7". These are what I use for bass the thing that I also like about heavy arkansas is they are real wide some are 3+" from the top of the back to the belly but like any bait of this size they are a little pricey. I don't usually have a ton of these on hand as not to many people use them, besides me and some buddies but all you have to do is let me know and I can get extra's for you.

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #81 on: Dec 05, 2008, 08:58 AM »
It's too bad that you can't trap some Alewives for your bass fishing.

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Dec 05, 2008, 09:02 AM »
DD posted his while I was typing. I get my bait from Mark's in Nashua as do many of the bait shop's throughout the state. You would maybe save a little money getting a license(I think its $50.00 a year). but like DD said you have to by a certain amount unless maybe you went and picked them up. Also F@G must come inspect your tank which is not that big of deal but you have to have a tank that they believe will keep the bait fresh and healthy for periods of time. Your welcome to come look at my setup.

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Dec 05, 2008, 09:07 AM »
It's too bad that you can't trap some Alewives for your bass fishing.
You are not suppose to use Alewives for bait in the State of NH. The way your post is written it sounds like you already know that but I thought I would post this in case other didn't

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Dec 05, 2008, 09:10 AM »
. Also F@G must come inspect your tank which is not that big of deal but you have to have a tank that they believe will keep the bait fresh and healthy for periods of time. Your welcome to come look at my setup.

I was cleared with this tank to hold 10#s of shiners (over 80 doz)

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Dec 05, 2008, 09:15 AM »
how far off the highway is your shop?
i have had good luck catching bait under the ice, check the trap after work, theyll keep in a 5gallon pail overnite
i just got back from wally world with 2 traps, there those new humain ntraps from frabil  ::) with a ring at the entry hole
so shinners can swim back out  >:(

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #86 on: Dec 05, 2008, 09:16 AM »
You are not suppose to use Alewives for bait in the State of NH. The way your post is written it sounds like you already know that but I thought I would post this in case other didn't

Yah. I you and I talked about it on MFF this summer. We were talking about catching/snagging bait over in the Lamprey River in New Market. NH F&G would catchem in the river and put them in Pawtuckaway and some locals didn't like it because they were "invasive".

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #87 on: Dec 05, 2008, 09:17 AM »
I was cleared with this tank to hold 10#s of shiners (over 80 doz)

(Image removed from quote.)
no cover??   what about the minnows with suisidal tendancys!  ;D
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Dec 05, 2008, 09:25 AM »
Yah. I you and I talked about it on MFF this summer. We were talking about catching/snagging bait over in the Lamprey River in New Market. NH F&G would catchem in the river and put them in Pawtuckaway and some locals didn't like it because they were "invasive".
Yep I remember that

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #89 on: Dec 05, 2008, 09:25 AM »
Striper CANDY!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.