Author Topic: quick license question  (Read 17129 times)

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
Re: quick license question
« Reply #120 on: Dec 05, 2008, 02:48 PM »
There may be. I can't be certain though.

Ok fella. Here you go.

If you're on campus, walk down past where the monks live. The trailhead starts there. You basically just stay on the path and it's gonna spit you out onto the powerlines (those are the same powerlines that cross over St. A's Dr.). If you walk straight it's gonna put you into the trail system that they run Cross Country on. There's no real way to get turned around once your on those trails. It's a big loop. If memory serves, I think the trail insignia is a white diamond with 3 black diamonds painted on it. Just walk that trail. You will come to it.

The way I get to it from my house....I start at the powerlines at St. A's drive (between St. A's lawn and Heald St.). I walk in until I hit the first trail and take a right. Follow that trail until it splits. Bear right at the split. Follow that for 3 minutes until you come to another split. Bear LEFT (if you were to go right, it would bring you to the house directly across from Heald St.). Walk another 3-5 minutes and you will be right at that pond. It will be on your right. There is a bench there. People ice skate there. Some nit-wits build a fire pit and left a bunch of beer cans out there. You'll see some Tiki torches when you're getting close. They were there a week ago.

1 other way to go.  

You know the big field that is behind the new dorms....well...follow that trail straight through the field. That will put you out on the Cross Country trails too. Walk straight. It'll be down hill. At the bottom of the hill, you will see another good size field with waist high grass and deer paths all through out it. If you follow the the treeline on the RIGHT side of the field it will bring you the pond as well. YOU WILL NEED RUBBER BOOTS if you go this way. At the end of the field, there is a small trail and a make shift bridge on your right but it is very wet. If you take that little trail it will spit you out right at the pond.

I know this sounds confusing. But once you get out there you'll see. I call it a trails system....it is....but it's small. We're talking a 10-15 minute leisurely walk and that's being generous.

Google map it and you'll see some of the land marks and it'll be easier to visualize it.

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #121 on: Dec 05, 2008, 02:50 PM »
i headed out from the feild in the back of the school and followed a trail w/ white marker. I went past the phone lines and came to a few houses thats when i wasnt sure where it could be. then i headed south a ways and didnt find anything. im not sure if i took the right trail in or even from the right feild
go past the power lines west until you hit the tar road , then go to the field with the pump station, follow the trail east back toward st.a  to the next field turn left to the top of the field, i think the trail is there.  when you come back follow the crosscounty running trail east back to the dorms

Offline FRSH-WTR-FSH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #122 on: Dec 05, 2008, 02:51 PM »
i took a look on google earth and i think i may ahve seen it. im gonna give it a look tommorow some time

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #123 on: Dec 05, 2008, 02:53 PM »
that pump house that rob's talking about is on Plummer Hill Rd. That is the field where the deer trails are. If you walk the perimter of that field on the right side, you'll see the little bridge at the end. From there it's another 50 yards in but it's wet that way.

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #124 on: Dec 05, 2008, 02:55 PM »
i dont recall it being wet, mabe beavers are in there.  :)

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #125 on: Dec 05, 2008, 02:57 PM »
If you come across a trail end where its posted and it turns into someone's back yard.... you are close. If you walk through that guys yard, it'll put you onto Heald St.  Turn 180 degrees and walk straight for 200 yards. That's when you'll see the Tiki torches and the mess of beer cans.

Bring a hammer or a chisel because it'll be frozen.

If you want, I can hide my chisel for you to use if you don't have anything.

Offline FRSH-WTR-FSH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #126 on: Dec 05, 2008, 03:01 PM »
i dont even have traps up here yet or anywhere to keep what i get i just wanna be able to find it this winter so im not hoofin through the woods in 10 degree weather

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #127 on: Dec 05, 2008, 03:10 PM »
Oh you got plenty of time then fella. I can show you myself sometime if you want. Heck....we're neighbors. Once you see what it is, you'll laugh. It's real close to you. I see it everyday when I'm going to work.

I come out at that power station where Goffstown's finest always are hiding, cross St. A's and I'm in the woods.

When I was young. I would ride my bike via those trails to St. A's tennis courts (where the dorms are now) and come back with backpacks full of tennis balls. And I would also take those trails down to Bedford Golf land and get thousands of golf balls and sell them back to the driving range. We had a remote control car track back there. Man it brings me back..... ::)

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #128 on: Dec 05, 2008, 03:11 PM »
That place never even came to thought for bait. But then again, I don't trap bait.

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #129 on: Dec 05, 2008, 03:13 PM »
i dont even have traps up here yet or anywhere to keep what i get i just wanna be able to find it this winter so im not hoofin through the woods in 10 degree weather

well i belive its not very deep' take a gander down there and have a looksee, i may get the ambision to give it a go for a couple of days
also across from shaws could be good for a try, im worryed polution is a factor in this area, spots i have mentioned should hold minnows

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #130 on: Dec 05, 2008, 03:17 PM »
That place never even came to thought for bait. But then again, I don't trap bait.

i try any place close, well, every place  ;) you wouldnt belive some of the spots i have filled the trap overnite  :P
just not local  :-\

Offline FRSH-WTR-FSH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #131 on: Dec 05, 2008, 03:19 PM »
nice i think im gonna head out sometime tommorow afternoon around 2ish, i had made it to that second feild and saw houses and wasnt sure where i was and didnt wanna be searching through peoples yards

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #132 on: Dec 05, 2008, 03:19 PM »
Here's another spot for you.

Tire Warehouse...across from Shaws. In that little mall is the entrance to where that little brook you speak of is fed. You can see it from 114 as your heading towards the village. That place was up for sale. I don't know who is in there now. I know for a fact that there are fish in that pond. There are some pretty nice bass in there and a ton of pickerel. I would go and ask permission to trap there.

Go into the plaza. Keep Tire Warehouse on your left and drive straight. It's a dirt driveway and it opens up into a commercial building with a pond. I know a mechanic that was down there, but he moved over to Daniel Plummer.

I know there are fish in there.

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #133 on: Dec 05, 2008, 03:25 PM »
I got another spot too.

Cross over 114 from St. A's drive. Drive down Shirley Hill for 3/4 mile. There is a swampy area with powerlines runnig through it. That's frozen. I've never fished it before, but heck...it's close.

I may just have to look into trapping bait. You guys got me going.

Offline FRSH-WTR-FSH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #134 on: Dec 05, 2008, 03:29 PM »
ha.. its definatly worth it, i thought my dad was crazy until i say the numbers he was puling in on a daily basis. all those shiners start to add up after time

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #135 on: Dec 05, 2008, 03:39 PM »
After all this years I've lived here, I just discoverd a jewel at the college. The coffee shop....it's got a bar in it. I new that the coffee shop was open to the public but I didn't know there was a bar on campus. It's sweeeeet. I walk from my house up to the bar and have a couple $2 Guiness's and walk home. My girl and I will go up there when we're broke. We'll have some food, a couple pops and be outta there for under $20!

You know that sludgey outside pond they have at the base of the water tower...that used to be an outside swimming pool. I'd be over there all the time. I don't know if it still is. I can't imagine that it is. It looks pretty gross now. It used to be crystal clear!

Whatcha studying anyways?

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #136 on: Dec 05, 2008, 03:50 PM »
check out some of the bait tank set ups on the maine board,
if you have children its a must do

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #137 on: Dec 05, 2008, 03:57 PM »
No kids yet there Rob! Lets slooooow it down here chief!  :D :D :D

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #138 on: Dec 05, 2008, 04:06 PM »
No kids yet there Rob! Lets slooooow it down here chief!  :D :D :D
rotflmaf

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #139 on: Dec 05, 2008, 04:07 PM »
Huh? Sorry fella. I don't copy that one.

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #140 on: Dec 05, 2008, 04:19 PM »
rolling on the floor laphing my azz off.  well  if ever you have children you will understand, .. time well spent

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #141 on: Dec 05, 2008, 04:24 PM »
Ahhhhh. I see. I will have to store that one away for a rainy day.

yhagnighted......you have a good night. i'm going home to eat dinner.  :P

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #142 on: Dec 06, 2008, 01:55 PM »
nice i think im gonna head out sometime tommorow afternoon around 2ish, i had made it to that second feild and saw houses and wasnt sure where i was and didnt wanna be searching through peoples yards

how'd you do? did you find the pond?

Offline FRSH-WTR-FSH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #143 on: Dec 06, 2008, 03:12 PM »
Na. i had a late night and when i woke up i was dark gonna try again prob. on sunday

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #144 on: Dec 06, 2008, 03:39 PM »
Good ole late nights.... I wanna have a late night tonight but I can't. You see...I gotta wake up early because I have a date with a rainbow trout tomorrow. I She won't stop calling me!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #145 on: Dec 06, 2008, 03:54 PM »
Good ole late nights.... I wanna have a late night tonight but I can't. You see...I gotta wake up early because I have a date with a rainbow trout tomorrow. I She won't stop calling me!
i am the same.....i love late nights, but i am a little out of practice and when its game time i always resort back to the pace i put on 15 years ago....the next day i am junk and basically can't even function.......oh by the way......thanks for the  money ranger.........i finally won back 10 dollars of the 200 hundred i have given you in the past year either through poker or fishing.....lol
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #146 on: Dec 06, 2008, 04:11 PM »
Your welcome. every dog has his day, and yesterday was yours.
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.