Author Topic: quick license question  (Read 17127 times)

Offline FRSH-WTR-FSH

• IceShanty Rookie
quick license question
« on: Nov 29, 2008, 05:08 PM »
I'm going to college in Manchester and I'm wondering if I'm considered to be a resident of NH right now or if I'll have to pay for a nonresident license. If anyone knows what the ruling on this is let me know.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: quick license question
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2008, 05:13 PM »
I believe you are considered a non resident

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2008, 05:29 PM »
how long have you been living in NH? Over 6mo?

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2008, 05:48 PM »
are you reciveing mail at a local nh address? do you have a nh drivers licence or non driver id ?
go to a licenceing agent and ask them
in nh,f&g year is from jan-jan i belive so wait until the first  :)

Offline FRSH-WTR-FSH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2008, 05:58 PM »
yeah i have my school mailbox and a school I.D. i wonder if they'd take that?

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2008, 06:01 PM »
yeah i have my school mailbox and a school I.D. i wonder if they'd take that?

NY state will......try it and tell us how you make out!

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2008, 06:42 PM »
I guess it would depend on the place you go for your license.

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to have lived in the state of NH 6 months+ to be considered a resident.
but also found this info on the NHF&G site.

"To be considered a Resident of NH for Fish & Game Licenses you must hold a VALID New Hampshire driver's license or state issued Non-Drivers photo ID and cannot claim residence in any other state for any purpose."

You might be able to show your student ID  someplace and have them accept it but other-wise it'd go with the driver's license address/ 6 month thing.
Good Luck.

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2008, 08:48 PM »
I guess it would depend on the place you go for your license.

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to have lived in the state of NH 6 months+ to be considered a resident.
but also found this info on the NHF&G site.

"To be considered a Resident of NH for Fish & Game Licenses you must hold a VALID New Hampshire driver's license or state issued Non-Drivers photo ID and cannot claim residence in any other state for any purpose."

You might be able to show your student ID  someplace and have them accept it but other-wise it'd go with the driver's license address/ 6 month thing.
Good Luck.      must not claim residency in any other state for any purpose meaning .getting mail or posess an out of state  drivers license or claim taxes in another state and must be a state issued license or non drivers i.d. so a school i.d. may fly at the vender issuing the fishing license but if you get checkeg while fishing and asked for an i.d with your fishing license  i'm pretty sure your gonna get hosed

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2008, 09:24 PM »
Flash your student ID to some old dude at wal mart and you could probably get your license if you used your student mailbox when filling out the paper work for your license. I had a bunch of issues not having an ID at 15, which was kinda retarted. but as long as you have something from NH with your picture on it you should be all set. if not, an extra 20 bucks is totaly worth fishing our waters haha

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2008, 07:16 AM »
my freind got nailed fishing with a nh fishing licence and his lANDROVER being registerd in nm

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2008, 08:54 AM »
 You need to have a NH driver license.
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Offline Vic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 30, 2008, 09:37 AM »
just get a non-resident lic. in the long run if you get caught with it and they ask for your NH dr. lic and you can't produce your looking at losing it for ever. so do the rite thing pay the extra and have a great fishing season.

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 30, 2008, 10:44 AM »
You need to have a NH driver license.

thats not true

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 30, 2008, 12:18 PM »
thats not true
       your supposed to have a state issues I.D. when purchasing a fishing license ..

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 30, 2008, 03:10 PM »
       your supposed to have a state issues I.D. when purchasing a fishing license ..
That is correct. I bought a license for my 16 year old nephew before he got his drivers license and he was required to have a state issued ID in order to get one. Now that was online.

And NH has millions of F&G officers out there on new sleds checking licenses all the time so whatever you do, make sure you get one (res or non). You may even be asked to show it several times in one day.

-Brian

Offline doabbs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Mmmm smelt...
« Reply #15 on: Nov 30, 2008, 07:12 PM »
As others have said, it's a requirement.  There's actually a spot for drivers license number on the bottom right of the form.  NH has a pretty standard format for license numbers, combination of your Date of Birth and Name, so it would stick out like a red thumb to any CO.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #16 on: Nov 30, 2008, 07:26 PM »
i am not going to state the obvious..........but for 18 dollars more we can put this to bed.......
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 30, 2008, 08:10 PM »
a drivers licence is in no way required to get a fishin and hunting licence   ::)

Offline FRSH-WTR-FSH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Nov 30, 2008, 08:21 PM »
I knowwhat your saying Jibbs but $18 to a broke college student is alot of money if there's any way i can save some cash i wanna give it a try :)

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 30, 2008, 08:27 PM »
if you buy it in january its good for a full year,if you buy now, you will have to buy again in january

Offline FRSH-WTR-FSH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Nov 30, 2008, 08:33 PM »
luckily I get back from christmas break in january so i can fish back home with my old RI license until then

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Nov 30, 2008, 10:24 PM »
a drivers licence is in no way required to get a fishin and hunting licence   ::)

we all know there are loop holes but on the web site it says you need a STATE ISSUED I.D. OR LICENSE !!!!!!!!!! TO PURCHASE A fishing LICENSE .... and further more he is trying to save a buck by not contributing a non resident fee to support our wildlife and fishery .. maybe theres a discounted program for non resident students that i don't know but i think there is a non resident program for military personel stationed in new hampshire..so maybe there is 1 for students .a call will end this delema ...

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 01, 2008, 06:29 AM »
I knowwhat your saying Jibbs but $18 to a broke college student is alot of money if there's any way i can save some cash i wanna give it a try :)
i know the prices  have gone up since my plymouth days.....i remember when i could buy a case of natty and a pack of camels for 10 dollars.....i guess all i can say is good luck.....
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 01, 2008, 06:49 AM »
Godbless the kid for giving a damn. I know a lot of non-residents would just go out and fish anyways.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 01, 2008, 10:56 AM »
You must have lived in NH at least 6 months to get resident license. I bought my girlfriend resident license years ago when I was living up in Windham. She was from MA and moved up there with me. F&G tagged her for $50 bucks. I paid.
there you go.......instead of being 18 dollars in the whole you will now have a fine of 50 dollars........in the long run i am telling  you it is worth paying the non resident fee......you will not being worrying about meeting fish and game on the ice week after week.....heck, ask santa claus to buy you a fishing license.........i give the lady a gift certificate each year in her stocking for a new fishing license

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 01, 2008, 11:01 AM »
and like i said if you have a resident licence and you vehicle plate says ri ....your busted  :D

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Dec 01, 2008, 11:01 AM »
seems pretty easy to call fish and game   get the right awnser   Im sure there are provisions for students
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline FRSH-WTR-FSH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 01, 2008, 12:35 PM »
Called F&G today, they said i need to buy a Non-resident lisence. sadly they didn't have any deals for students either. looks like i'll have to suck it up and have a light wallet for a couple weeks

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 01, 2008, 02:25 PM »
Called F&G today, they said i need to buy a Non-resident lisence. sadly they didn't have any deals for students either. looks like i'll have to suck it up and have a light wallet for a couple weeks

great choice and you'll find it worth every penny !!!!!!
                               look at the bright side you more than likely saved the hassles of getting sited and
                               fined now your saving a buck or two ;)

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 02, 2008, 07:36 AM »
thats not true

I sell hunting and fishing license's You need to have a driver's license or a non driver ID. If you are a minor without either one of those, than your legal gardian must provide there's
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.