Author Topic: 2009 NH IS "Little Alaska" Outing (group outing to 1st/3rd Lake,Pittsburg)  (Read 24631 times)

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
Alright, cool... I'll start looking into booking something.

In a few months I'll get the cusk lines ready
Then maybe have a portable with a heater
Then maybe have a power-auger

Hmmm... it's nice to have something to look forward to after hunting season when most people stay in doors :)

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
Hey Knurren where's your buddy Neal this year?

Offline rockhound57

• Team IceShanty Addict
After posting the other day, I e-m'd these folks:

Thank you for inquiring about Partridge Cabins.  At this time we have a couple cabins open for that weekend.  We have Hubbard which sleeps 6 or Webster that sleeps 3 or Loon is open with sleeps 5.  Prices range from $65.00 per person to $85.00 per person.

You didn't mention how many people. 

If you are still interested in staying with us at Partridge Cabins. Please email us back or call us at 1-800-538-6380

Thank You.
Catherine and Gerald Boutin
Partridge Cabins
1-800-538-6380
First Connecticut Lake
3 Partridge Road
Pittsburg, NH  03592
http://www.partridgecabins.com

I'm not in a position to help coordinating, but this might help whoever can, or will someone make the call for "Dutch Treat" and we'll all find our own?  start saving your pennies,people!!! :tipup: ;) :laugh:
      live free or die in NH, fish western ME

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hey Knurren where's your buddy Neal this year?

I don't know, I lost my phone and his phone number with it. I haven't heard anything yet.  I guess we'll see when we get closer to the season if he calls or starts posting up.

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
TTT

I wanted to bump this with a question.

Ben, what are we doing for parking at 3rd?  I was thinking of this Saturday... they don't plow the launch and the plowed part across the street is only big enough for about 4 vehicles.  I'm trying to think ahead incase a lot of people want to go in separate vehicles.  Any ideas?

To be honest, I hope there is very little or no snow.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
TTT

I wanted to bump this with a question.

Ben, what are we doing for parking at 3rd?  I was thinking of this Saturday... they don't plow the launch and the plowed part across the street is only big enough for about 4 vehicles.  I'm trying to think ahead incase a lot of people want to go in separate vehicles.  Any ideas?

To be honest, I hope there is very little or no snow.

I was thinking the same thing.....

there is parking at deer mtn for those people that have sleds that might want to "ride in."  I am willing to bet that there might be enough vehicles that some of us could car pool. 

any other ideas?

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
I'm hoping there is little or no snow.  If the launch is open, there won't be any problems parking.  I guess we'll have to play it by ear and see.  If it comes down to it, some will have to car pool.  I can take one other person comfortably and I have enough room in the bed of my truck to shuttle a lot of the gear up.  That might free up other people to take up some passengers if they don't have to lug their gear up.

The 1st lake and 2nd lake won't be any better for parking.  I think they still maintain the picnic area on Lake Francis by the dam. 

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The 1st lake and 2nd lake won't be any better for parking.  I think they still maintain the picnic area on Lake Francis by the dam. 

Don't worry about parking at the 1st. I have connections and a single phone call might easily allow us to park 10 vehicles in one spot. Then there is the place you met me that will hold almost as many. We might just need a shuttle service on the ice.

to add to this:

How many people that are already interested in coming, own sleds or 4 wheelers that plan on bringing them?

I more than likely will have my sled with me.

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
DD I have a 4 wheeler and if weather permitting will stay on the ice .

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
I am planning on bringing my sled and my ice fshing sled.

Offline baboosicfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
i hope to attend and bring 2 snowmobiles with a gear sled for each
Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God

Offline rockhound57

• Team IceShanty Addict
I am planning on bringing my sled and my ice fshing sled.
Ditto! looking forward to it!   :tipup: actually, hopng to have a new portable built by then.  :tipup:
      live free or die in NH, fish western ME

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
bump

Jiffy you bumped a thread that was still on the first page???????????
LOL.
Maybe a moderator can make it a sticky,     oh yeah he is MIA.
Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Jiffy you bumped a thread that was still on the first page???????????
LOL.
Maybe a moderator can make it a sticky,     oh yeah he is MIA.
Spike

maybe you should be team capt. you seem to be stirring the pot better than me this year!  ;)

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict

maybe you should be team capt. you seem to be stirring the pot better than me this year!  ;)

Why I have no idea what you are talking about.............LOL. Just messing with you guys, don't be so serious it makes for a dull message board. Besides Knurren is feeding me all this info he just is to shy to post it, LOL.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
has anyone made in phone calls yet for reservations?

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
Nope.  Personally, just trying to get through school.  I didn't get the chance to call Keith back or your parents for that matter because I was in class until 11:30... it was supposed to end at 10  >:(

This weekend, we'll talk about it.  I'll get in touch with everyone tomorrow and we'll start working it out.

I can tell you this, Spruce Cone Cabins is $42 a night in the winter and there is a minimum 2 night stay on the weekends.  Most places will have the minimum stay on the weekends, so get your cusk traps out early and take advantage of the extra time ;)

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac

This weekend, we'll talk about it. 

I talked to Chiefbush last night and I think your idea of talking about it this weekend is best!   ;)

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
This weekend, we'll talk about it. 

Hey Ben,

I talked to John and I'll probably meet you guys up there sometime Friday night. If I have my truck I'll be able to get some fishing done in the morning and meet up with you guys in the afternoon ;)

Looking forward to it ;D

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Hey Ben,

I talked to John and I'll probably meet you guys up there sometime Friday night. If I have my truck I'll be able to get some fishing done in the morning and meet up with you guys in the afternoon ;)

Looking forward to it ;D

sounds good to me Keith!  John will be up there before Laine and I. If we get out of here by 4 tomorrow, we will be there around midnight. I gave John instructions how to open up the camp. I expect to have the fire roaring when we get in there! LOL! Seriously, don't worry about burning the wood. The birch by the door is probably the best stuff to burn and there should be some kindling between the piles. I need to rob my uncle's again for more kindling!

I will PM you the phone # to the camp if your wife needs to get ahold of you!

See ya tomorrow night!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
with more people making their way back to the shanty............Bump!

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
D.D. Enlighten me what doe's Bump Mean

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
bumping the post back up to the top

it is also known as

TTT - to the top

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict

thank you

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
if somone will put me on some lakers and give me a few pointers i'll plan on being there  ;)

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
There will be pointers on lakers all around.  The 3rd CT lake gives up a lot of runts, but if we get enough people, I would not be surprised to find some monsters in there.  Just need to spread out a bit and explore the lake... but I bet there are some 30"+ fish in there that just don't get the pressure Winnie gets.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
There will be pointers on lakers all around.  The 3rd CT lake gives up a lot of runts, but if we get enough people, I would not be surprised to find some monsters in there.  Just need to spread out a bit and explore the lake... but I bet there are some 30"+ fish in there that just don't get the pressure Winnie gets.

I know about ten years back the winning Winni Derby laker was caught out of the 3rd only to be later disqualified because it was caught on a cusk trap. I also saw a photo of a 14#er that came out of there 3 years ago.  They are in there, you just have to find them!

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
I know about ten years back the winning Winni Derby laker was caught out of the 3rd only to be later disqualified because it was caught on a cusk trap. I also saw a photo of a 14#er that came out of there 3 years ago.  They are in there, you just have to find them!
                      i remember it well myself as a matter of fact i was standing at the scale when they came in with the fish in a red or blue cooler i beleive and after researching the tag # it was determined that the fish was caught in the second conn..that was closed to ice fishing am i right ?
                    as far as venturing out to find them bad boys not a problem but what to do when i reach a destination is lol i have never jigged up a laker after many attemts. caught a few on tip ups though !!

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
Jigging isn't about skill, it's about placement and persistence.  Don't worry about jigging, it is as easy as following the back packaging directions for a sweedish pimple.  Worry more about the beverages, food, and company... lol.  The rest comes naturally.  We will all have fun no matter the weather or fishing conditions.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.