Author Topic: 2009 NH IS "Little Alaska" Outing (group outing to 1st/3rd Lake,Pittsburg)  (Read 24630 times)

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict

Now Kieth, this is where you come in!  Laine has proven that she can't be the DD and John has already voiced that I can't get stay sober! You and Chief are my last hopes!

I ca't wait!

Were you actually drinking while you wrote this?  :cookoo: :roflmao:

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Were you actually drinking while you wrote this?  :cookoo: :roflmao:

Um..No! Rhys was telling me what to write!   "I can't like it!" is her famous line now!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
2 months 1 week and 6 days until the outing begins!

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Why did we wait until the 24th again?   I'm getting anxious   :laugh:

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Why did we wait until the 24th again?   I'm getting anxious   :laugh:

I am too! The year before last was pretty sketchy for ice up there. From my Aunt's (she owns The Glen) over to Carr Ridge was wide open until the middle of January.....Last year, I fished 1st on 1/1/08 and there was 6 to 8" over the entire lake.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
another thought I just had.....

Seeing we are going to have a possible 975 yards of traps, (if set 25 yards apart in a straight line 32x25=975yrds)  Should I bring my 45x spotting scope and tripod to watch all the tip ups?

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I am too! The year before last was pretty sketchy for ice up there. From my Aunt's (she owns The Glen) over to Carr Ridge was wide open until the middle of January.....Last year, I fished 1st on 1/1/08 and there was 6 to 8" over the entire lake.

Yeah, It was defanitely nice having early ice last year... I was out on my local lake fishing on Dec 8th ;D

This year I pray for early ice again, that will thicken and have little snow ::)

If I remeber correctly...it has been awhile since that has happened.  Last year we got early ice but then it snowed/rained froze etc... (Not the best ice)
the previous two years it took until almost February for Winni to freeze.... :-\

We're due for a good ice season...I'll keep my fingers crossed ::) :D

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
winni is at 50 degrees only 11 degrees too go before we start making ice ;D

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Reminder to all who plan attending and spending a night:

Call now for accomodations before the snowmobilers get their share first!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
Don't forget about the Buck Rub Pub! Great place to stay and great place to eat / drink plus the added bonus that you don't have to drive.

JIGGIN.

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
you guys might try Craig's list for renting a place. you might find a place on the lake your fishing. its also a good way too get luxury digs for the derby.  nothing like having too get out of the hot tub for a flag ::)

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
figured it needs a bump seeing as new members are ariving as the season aproaches ;D

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
figured it needs a bump seeing as new members are ariving as the season aproaches ;D

Only 59 more days... :whistle: ;)2   :icefish::laugh:

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
Don't forget about the Buck Rub Pub! Great place to stay and great place to eat / drink plus the added bonus that you don't have to drive.

JIGGIN.

Are you going to be up there?  I hope you can miss fishing on Newfound just once to meed a couple of us :)

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
Are you going to be up there?  I hope you can miss fishing on Newfound just once to meed a couple of us :)
I'll try and drag him up there, we'll see!
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!

Thanks Knurren. I'd like to meet everyone too. I know it would be alot of fun. I guess I'll have to see what my finances are when the time comes. Tomorrow, I'm heading to Piermont to Lake Armington. Checked it today and had about 3" + of ice. Should be making alittle more tonight with any luck. Lake Tarlton's cove has ice but not enough to walk on yet. I'll take some pictures and post em up.

Come on rainbows!
JIGGIN.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Trying to revive this and also allow people to see it that might have not!

To the Top!

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
Just booked my cabin. Staying at Mountain View. Going to have to listen to lots of snowmobiles at night but I like it there and it is close to Young's store. I am soooo psyched...Tim

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
Oh yeah, they said the big lakes are almost completely frozen over.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I just looked at some webcams and Back Lake is locked up tight! The 1st Lake cam is out of wack though. :'(

Tim, we will be departing from my camp, that is Chief, John, Keith, Laine, maybe my folks, and I, we can grab you at my aunt's so parking will be fine for you! Oh and bring your cusk traps!

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
we can grab you at my aunt's so parking will be fine for you! Oh and bring your cusk traps!

Sweet, where is your aunt's?

Also there will be three (well, my teenage daughter is coming and they seem to travel in packs so probably four) of us.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Sweet, where is your aunt's?

Also there will be three (well, my teenage daughter is coming and they seem to travel in packs so probably four) of us.

She owns The Glen.   http://theglen.org/ I have to call the guy that plows so he doesn't tow all the vehicles in there this year! We will have my jeep and trailer, John's truck, Keith's truck, and Chief's truck and trailer. The tow truck could have some fun with us but I know him too and he knows his tires would be flat if he touches my car! LOL!

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
In 46 days we will all be meeting on the ice.  It will be a hell of a good time.

Thanks for the reminder of the cusk traps.  I will need to make up a set... I want to try something different using stakes and flags so they don't get run over.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
In 46 days we will all be meeting on the ice.  It will be a hell of a good time.

Thanks for the reminder of the cusk traps.  I will need to make up a set... I want to try something different using stakes and flags so they don't get run over.

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
Something like that would work.

There is a workworking with hand tools class in NHTI that I may take to satisfy my art requirement.  If I do and I get the chance, I might build some nice cusk devices.  I have other things I want to build like a display case for my shot glass collection, fly tying bench, etc... but I imagine a nice set of hand made cusk devices would be kind of nice.  Maybe the sort of thing to hand down through the generations.

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm really looking forward to it....Can't wait :unsure: :woot: :icefish: :woot:

Offline Keeper Reaper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rapture of the Deep
Mass guy lookign to make the trip to fish it for the first time through ice. Have family cabin on day road, have been posting on forum for some help on ice fishing this area. You share a little know how when we meet up,a nd we are there. when is the outing ?

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Mass guy lookign to make the trip to fish it for the first time through ice. Have family cabin on day road, have been posting on forum for some help on ice fishing this area. You share a little know how when we meet up,a nd we are there. when is the outing ?

The outing is the 24th of January. There is a sign up list on here somewhere. If you would like to go, sign up (just to give us an idea of how many will show).
We will be fishing the 1st Con Lake and I imagine many will spread out across the lake. I fish primarily the eastern side of the lake but did some searching and found that the fish seem to be found mainly on the flats during late january and the month of Feb.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.