Author Topic: Gear talk  (Read 16003 times)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Gear talk
« Reply #180 on: Dec 21, 2020, 07:18 PM »
Had to take the file to the Mils LaC tonight.. my darling wife used it today to get the ice off the back steps, not only did I have to file the chisel, but now I need to repair the steps..but knowing which side my bread is buttered on, I thanked her for getting the ice off the steps(, that we dont use all winter)
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #181 on: Dec 21, 2020, 08:36 PM »
Had to take the file to the Mils LaC tonight.. my darling wife used it today to get the ice off the back steps, not only did I have to file the chisel, but now I need to repair the steps..but knowing which side my bread is buttered on, I thanked her for getting the ice off the steps(, that we dont use all winter)
WOW, Joe!  :o You just knocked your wife off the pedestal I had her on.
I do agree with your decision though. Some battles are better not to start. I wish I had your discretion

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #182 on: Dec 21, 2020, 08:47 PM »
WOW, Joe!  :o You just knocked your wife off the pedestal I had her on.
I do agree with your decision though. Some battles are better not to start. I wish I had your discretion
Hey, she could have used one of the auger s or one of my chain saws!..however, she did kind of redeem herself, we were watching jeopardy.. I told her I ordered the new boots... after the stone cold silence.. and the steely glare, she said CANCEL THE ORDER, before I could  say anything, she smiled and said please..so without too much more conversation I guess she has ordered my boots, I'm guessing  The Baffin snow monster, they were a few bucks more than the control max but basically the same boot..hard to stay mad at somebody that is in tune with what my world is like.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #183 on: Dec 21, 2020, 10:57 PM »
Yep!  :)

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #184 on: Dec 22, 2020, 05:29 AM »
Hey, she could have used one of the auger s or one of my chain saws!..however, she did kind of redeem herself, we were watching jeopardy.. I told her I ordered the new boots... after the stone cold silence.. and the steely glare, she said CANCEL THE ORDER, before I could  say anything, she smiled and said please..so without too much more conversation I guess she has ordered my boots, I'm guessing  The Baffin snow monster, they were a few bucks more than the control max but basically the same boot..hard to stay mad at somebody that is in tune with what my world is like.

Joe always good to have a backup pair.  ;)

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #185 on: Dec 22, 2020, 05:49 AM »
I wish I did too. Been hard to bottle up that steam if it was my spud. Only to realize all too late that all it cost me to fix the spud was 20 minutes and god knows how much to make it up to the mrs.

Yep its a good deal when you get to go home to your best catch. My bride tries my patience wicked sometimes but I'd be absolutely lost without her.
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #186 on: Dec 22, 2020, 07:35 AM »
Just installed one of the most important pieces ice fishing gear... Remote starter for the winter beater, last year was the 1st year I had a winter rig without one in a long time and it sucked lol. Nothing like getting off the frozen lake and slipping into a truck that's up to temp, blowing heat and has the windows defrosted already... Now if I could only get that little keychain to turn on the seat heaters from a 1/4 mile away too....

Yeah man!  I was getting ready to walk off the ice Saturday evening and Hawkeye says see if remote start will work from here (We got new truck this spring) and sure enough it did.  By the time we were back at the truck it was warm and ready to go. 

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #187 on: Dec 23, 2020, 11:21 AM »
The summer gremlins have struck again... 1st the bait tank sprung a leak that I still havent figured out how it happened. Then this morning I grab my bait bucket to grab some shiners on the way home from work for tomorrow morning. go to rinse it out and **censored**.. it has a crack in it too...And it's even one of those clam ones that has the padded insulation condom it sits in... The bait guy better have buckets or I'm hauling shiners in a zip lock lol
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline DrummerManDrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #188 on: Dec 23, 2020, 11:26 AM »
For the most part looking over my gear I’ve been pretty lucky and everything looks good. I haven’t been out yet but I’m loaded up now and gonna go explore some pond by the house and see where exactly the ice is at before I really go 100%.  I do need to go pick up that Spud Roc told me to get before I do anything though. Might have to order it because it wasn’t at any of the shops around my location that I found
Be well and DO Good Work!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #189 on: Dec 23, 2020, 12:07 PM »
Going fishing tomorrow....panoptix has been wired to my boat all season.  I'm going to upgrade to a livescope unit this week and leave the ps22 on the boat.  If anyone needs/wants and ice bundle for a 73cv plus garmin unit lemme know.  Have been breaking out the flx28 in its absence.  There's a certain joy in using it.  So straight forward whereas I can tweak panoptix settings for hours...both do the job. 

Offline Steamtrain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #190 on: Dec 27, 2020, 11:52 AM »

It is almost done!

Wife didn’t let me cut any of our skis so I had to find another pair.

It fits in our small SUV nicely!

Hoping to have this at the ready all winter for the local and not so local trout ponds.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #191 on: Dec 27, 2020, 01:02 PM »

It is almost done!

Wife didn’t let me cut any of our skis so I had to find another pair.

It fits in our small SUV nicely!

Hoping to have this at the ready all winter for the local and not so local trout ponds.

Very nice,I like how you store your traps.. I also keep them so they do r beat each other silly

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.