Author Topic: Bucktails  (Read 12718 times)

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
Re: Bucktails
« Reply #180 on: Feb 03, 2021, 12:27 PM »
way to work those bucktails Digs!!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Jringo001

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #181 on: Feb 03, 2021, 01:08 PM »
I do pretty well with Chartruse also - a buddy of mine will not use any other color..

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #182 on: Feb 03, 2021, 01:22 PM »
Way to put your own gear to work Digs, good stuff.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #183 on: Feb 03, 2021, 01:58 PM »
I do pretty well with Chartruse also - a buddy of mine will not use any other color..

I will but in very limited circumstances.  Watching lakers charge 30ft to hit a stationary jig is a great indicator that the color is readily seen and gets them fired up.  Then just a bit of a take away and boom hooked up.

Digs I'd send you a donation to try some of your bucktails but would suggest taking some loon uv resin (assuming you haven't already) and coating the thread wraps near the jighead liberally so laker teeth don't ruin those beautiful creations.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #184 on: Feb 03, 2021, 02:02 PM »
I will but in very limited circumstances.  Watching lakers charge 30ft to hit a stationary jig is a great indicator that the color is readily seen and gets them fired up.  Then just a bit of a take away and boom hooked up.

Digs I'd send you a donation to try some of your bucktails but would suggest taking some loon uv resin (assuming you haven't already) and coating the thread wraps near the jighead liberally so laker teeth don't ruin those beautiful creations.

I was using a head cement but I'm out so lately I stole my wife's clear nail hardener nail polish. I'll be getting some uv resin soon. Shoot me a message I can make that happen.
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #185 on: Feb 03, 2021, 02:51 PM »
I was using a head cement but I'm out so lately I stole my wife's clear nail hardener nail polish. I'll be getting some uv resin soon. Shoot me a message I can make that happen.

once you make the switch there's no going back.
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #186 on: Feb 03, 2021, 03:24 PM »
I have some heads en route in the mail, from a member. Watch what I do with them.  ;)
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #187 on: Feb 03, 2021, 04:50 PM »
once you make the switch there's no going back.

It's amazing stuff.  They even make uv wader repair now.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #188 on: Feb 03, 2021, 05:29 PM »
I have some heads en route in the mail, from a member. Watch what I do with them.  ;)

Nice looking forward to see what you can twist up

Offline Mr.Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #189 on: Feb 03, 2021, 08:55 PM »
AJ ties amazing buck tails. I like the little reverse Maribou he does at the neck by the head. Talk about attention to detail, it looks exactly like flaring gills. Still say best buck- tails I’ve seen or bought.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #190 on: Feb 03, 2021, 09:45 PM »
AJ ties amazing buck tails. I like the little reverse Maribou he does at the neck by the head. Talk about attention to detail, it looks exactly like flaring gills. Still say best buck- tails I’ve seen or bought.

Totally agree I hope to get to that level soon. On the olive marabou jig I tied I use a pink rabbit strip around the neck and in the water it looks amazing. Also did one off the shank for a little bit of a tail

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #191 on: Feb 04, 2021, 02:47 PM »
I'm sure you will digs it's just time spent.  Years ago my first ties at the vise looked bad...very bad.  As time progressed I got better and the ties got cleaner.  Even so...I'll fish an ugly tie before a perfect one because the fush seem to like the rough look!  I'd love to see a bucktail with a nice hackle collar...that would make lakers die on the take away.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #192 on: Feb 04, 2021, 02:48 PM »
I'm sure you will digs it's just time spent.  Years ago my first ties at the vise looked bad...very bad.  As time progressed I got better and the ties got cleaner.  Even so...I'll fish an ugly tie before a perfect one because the fush seem to like the rough look!  I'd love to see a bucktail with a nice hackle collar...that would make lakers die on the take away.

Nothing fishes better than one already hit!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #193 on: Feb 04, 2021, 05:37 PM »

I tied this a couple weeks ago

Offline Jringo001

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #194 on: Feb 05, 2021, 07:42 AM »
Nice work Digs...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.