Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2015  (Read 69802 times)

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2015
« Reply #60 on: Jan 09, 2015, 08:45 PM »
the weight of the snow/ice pushes down... so when you punch a hole in the ice the water comes right up.....

Exactly.

The snow also wicks the water so it spreads out. Right now where there are holes (even chisel holes) and some weight, it's slushy in that area.

Offline Hyland33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 10, 2015, 10:21 AM »
Saw a good amount of people out by the town beach this morning. My father and I went up to Goose Pond, each caught a pickerel and a few tiny perch. Haven't caught anything of size there in a while. I think we'll just be sticking to Newfound for the time being.
-Andrew
Newfound Circus

Offline TogueRogue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 10, 2015, 07:36 PM »
MMMMMMMMMMmmmm.....pre tty quiet here......somethins fishy....musta hammered em today cause no ones talkin....

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #63 on: Jan 10, 2015, 08:18 PM »

Today was the first day of the house being on the lake so it was practice time setting up and debugging the house and fishing equipment. Amazing what you can forget in less than a years time. It eventually all came together.

We have several houses on the lake with more coming. The circus is continuing to build and come together. Fun chatting on the radio and listen in on the action. Passed out some Gopro's and got some fun footage.

I think Laker Taker ended the day with 4 lakers and Tippin with 3? Me and CH got skunked however saw a few and missed a few, early ice jitters I guess.

Cold and later in the morning became windy. Good to meet you today Jmamos, glad you stopped by. We got to see a few lakers on the camera together.

Saw a pretty sick wipe out on a sled today. Someone was speeding down the lake, tried to take a quick right turn and got launched off their sled a good 75' tumbling down the lake. Sled right behind him rolling and just missing him as they both slide to a stop. No one was hurt as far as I could see. Some sled parts and pieces by the beach.
Also a very low flying big plane heading to Plymouth so we thought went over head. Cargo type of plane. Loud and low. Pretty cool. 

Back at it again in the morning.

Offline Hyland33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Jan 11, 2015, 05:21 AM »
Where were you fishing? I'm headed over by the boat ramp this morning with my dad
-Andrew
Newfound Circus

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 11, 2015, 10:37 AM »
Taking today off to do some chores.

Stewy and I ended up helping Frog get his house trailered and brought to the beach on Friday, and Saturday he pulled it out onto the ice. He wasn't too far from my portable, so I was between actually fishing and visiting with him, DaJew, and Stewy. Ladybug joined us after work. We were all skunked, but we had a good time anyway.

I had the pleasure of meeting Solar Troller. He's got a pretty cool set up with his "hard-side portable". 

And a big shout out to Salmon Slammer for helping me haul my portable up the hill! A big thumbs down to the guys sitting in their truck watching me have a hard time getting it into my truck.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline Hyland33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 11, 2015, 10:59 AM »
Slow day by the boat ramp this morning. Two flags from 7-11 and nothing jigging. Lost both fish on the tilts. A bunch of the ice over there spiderweb'd and has water coming up and out of the cracks, whole lake shook. I've never experienced cracking that intense before
-Andrew
Newfound Circus

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #67 on: Jan 11, 2015, 05:23 PM »
It was great to see everyone again.  Only 1 lake trout though.  Saw horned pout and yellow perch on the camera. Had some of Maggot's venison sausage.
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #68 on: Jan 11, 2015, 08:02 PM »

Hit the lake again today. Saw 2 lakers under the house for most of the day plus a big fat yellow perch hanging out with them but we couldn't hook up.

Today was slow and quiet on the lake, seemed everyone was suffering from a Patriot's hang over. I think everyone aged a bit from last nights game.

Got buzzed by another plane today but not as big as yesterdays plane. Glad I wasn't flying the drone at the time. Flew it shortly afterwards though.

Salmon Slammer and crew took a walk to the north side of Mayhew as far as they could, didn't make it all the way. Wasn't good, 4" of black ice with lot of deep slush on top. I think we are all tuned in and ready to bounce outta Cummings. Hopefully the ice will cooperate, might have to help it with the snow coming in tomorrow some night this week.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #69 on: Jan 13, 2015, 04:38 PM »

Frog setting up the first cusk lines of the season....see how he does.

Go Go Get Em Frog!

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #70 on: Jan 13, 2015, 05:53 PM »
went to the bobhouse tonight to mess around with stuff, and bumped into frog. he said there was two layers of ice near the island .
i poked a few holes away from the house and had  7 1/2 to 8 inches...and you could here it making more ice !!.
also found a fairly large cooler left in the parking lot....p.m. me if its yours..
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Hyland33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 13, 2015, 07:17 PM »
Just ordered a Marcum Showdown 5.6 last night. Can't wait to get back up there and use it. I'm on call at work this weekend though so I'll be stuck in Mass until next weekend. The wait is going to kill me haha
-Andrew
Newfound Circus

Offline jmamos52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:53 AM »
what's up NC's... after much debate, I think I'm going to head to the lake tomorrow morning for a bit before work... so, if anyone is going to be kicking around and out let me know and would be good to meet a few more of you. Cool stuff Jiggin this past weekend seeing the nice fish on your screen... thanks for sharing. And all this time I thought fish like that on a screen were only on the box that the thing comes in!!  Good to know they're down there even if they're finicky. I don't thing the blue bird skies and post front help...  I'll let you guys know if anything is decent tomorrow.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #73 on: Jan 14, 2015, 01:46 PM »
Thanks jmamos!

Keep us posted and good luck!

Be safe.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Jan 14, 2015, 08:00 PM »
Hello all! Looking at planing a trip over there sometime this winter. I'm coming from the Conway area and never been over to that area any info on getting on to the lake would be great. I have looked at the map and looks like access from the southern tip would be my closest point to get on? Thanks for any info!
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #75 on: Jan 15, 2015, 10:21 AM »
Putting the shack out tomorrow. The Dark Side will be joining the fun and debauchery. HARRRRRRRR.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Jan 15, 2015, 10:56 AM »
Putting the shack out tomorrow. The Dark Side will be joining the fun and debauchery. HARRRRRRRR.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #77 on: Jan 15, 2015, 12:37 PM »

Made the bounce to the north end of Mayhew Island

Will update later

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Jan 15, 2015, 01:39 PM »

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Jan 15, 2015, 03:08 PM »
M&M - always remember the "Capt." is in charge of "The Plank"!

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Jan 15, 2015, 05:04 PM »
M&M - always remember the "Capt." is in charge of "The Plank"!

Whitewing it depends on which ship we are are on the "Dark Side" or the "Black Pearl"?

Offline jmamos52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Jan 15, 2015, 06:08 PM »
went out today... not long.. few hours due to work.. Met a couple good guys heading out when I was leaving. Moved 5 times.. didn't bother with the portable as there was zero wind.. (yes.. crazy for NF in my experience) .. no gloves.. and so easy to pick up shop and move. Deep, marked some fish, couldn't commit but then moved to a hump and got nailed on the jig... but missed it. Not so awesome. Was going to venture with my snowmobile to the other side of the island but figured alone, etc. so stay safe/close...  I bet you guys will do well this weekend so looking forward to the pics and updates. Should be getting the bob house this weekend so will eventually make it out to your way with it.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #82 on: Jan 15, 2015, 07:05 PM »
Where my houses is right now there is 9 inches of pure black ice. However getting there was difficult. We can't take our normal route of just traveling north because of a pressure Ridge cuts us off. The pressure ridge runs west to east across the face of the north end of Mayhew island. Weird. It is wide and wet but tapers off on the east side of the island. Thought i wasn't going to be able to cross it but as you follow it east, it narrows and was able to cross.
If you are going to travel to the north end of Mayhew from Cummings beach, you need to stay wide on the north west side of the island and then hug the north side, following the shore line until the ridge narrows, then cross.
The west side of the island near shore was only 1 punch with a chisel where the snow accumulated. Stay on the black ice and not on the snow where possible.
Frog came out and checked his cusk lines and stayed to watch my back as i attempted to get to the north side. Thanks Frog!

Nice day, no wind and no one around. Place to myself. Fished out side and lost 3 lakers then decided to sharpen my hook. Haven't broken my "H" yet but got a feeling its about to happen tomorrow. Bounced the house around a couple of times before settling in where its at. 

Offline Uri The Fury

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Jan 15, 2015, 10:51 PM »
went out today... not long.. few hours due to work.. Met a couple good guys heading out when I was leaving. Moved 5 times.. didn't bother with the portable as there was zero wind.. (yes.. crazy for NF in my experience) .. no gloves.. and so easy to pick up shop and move. Deep, marked some fish, couldn't commit but then moved to a hump and got nailed on the jig... but missed it. Not so awesome. Was going to venture with my snowmobile to the other side of the island but figured alone, etc. so stay safe/close...  I bet you guys will do well this weekend so looking forward to the pics and updates. Should be getting the bob house this weekend so will eventually make it out to your way with it.

Atleast you got a little activity.  Are you putting the bobhouse on Newfound this year?

Offline ice fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Jan 16, 2015, 05:23 AM »
Jiggin does anyone  ever fish north of mayhew island in deep water ? I fished towards the ledges last year . I didn't see any houses out deep everyone was in close for bows .

Offline jmamos52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Jan 16, 2015, 11:19 AM »
uri.. I might end up out there at some point.. right now, winni, then squam... depends on how mobile this thing actually ends up being. I have the portable just in case either way.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #86 on: Jan 16, 2015, 07:59 PM »
Jiggin does anyone  ever fish north of mayhew island in deep water ? I fished towards the ledges last year . I didn't see any houses out deep everyone was in close for bows .

Ice fisher
Absolutely. Houndog fishes in 60 - 80fow out beyond the Island. Deeper than that, then no.

Im currently in 38fow.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #87 on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:06 PM »

Day started out cold and no wind. Lawnguyjack took advantage of the weather and bumped his house up. Good timing cause shortly after he got there, the wind picked up.
It was WINDY today.

Ended the day with 5 lakers and 2 cusk. Biggest cusk was 22". Lakers were very active even attacking the kastmaster after the smelt fell off. I lost a few  first thing this morning then got my mojo back. It was on like donkey kong.

Had a visit from a guy on a wheeler Bill who drove down the middle of the lake. I never seen him check the ice however he says there is 9" of black ice all over. Saw another wheeler go from Whittemore beach across the lake to Hornets cove.

Long day, just got home. Getting everything ready to do it again tomorrow. Probably stay out late tomorrow night to get some more cusk fishing in.

Offline Sprocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Personal Text
« Reply #88 on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:49 PM »
regardless of ice conditions:

Is greater than

Every single day...
Trust me, when the Zamboni driver says "You won't catch fish through that hole", he knows of what he speaks.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Jan 17, 2015, 10:40 AM »
Shack is out, plank and all.  ;)  Wind was howling out there yesterday but we managed to get her out. Fished for a couple of hours but had to leave, things to do. Planning to fish pregame tomorrow. Let the fun and games begin.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.