Author Topic: pk lures  (Read 14220 times)

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
Re: pk lures
« Reply #60 on: Jan 05, 2014, 06:15 PM »
Granite State Rod & reel Repair is another...

dispy, is this the guy in nashua off conant rd

Yup, I was there today. Off Conant Rd. to Yarmouth Dr. He should have his shipment this week he said.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Jan 05, 2014, 06:20 PM »

Wife bought me some from the Ice Hole for Christmas
This one hit like a freight train ;D
Can't wait to try them for lakers
Pirk
Pirk...you will not be disappointed :)

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 05, 2014, 06:21 PM »
that's all the evidence I needed Pirk... I'm in, will grab a few at the local shop
And all my posts were not good enough :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline nhjosh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 05, 2014, 06:25 PM »
Yup, I was there today. Off Conant Rd. to Yarmouth Dr. He should have his shipment this week he said.

his name is joe i believe. nice little shop. he helped me out when i was getting into trout fishing. real nice guy
josh

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 05, 2014, 06:31 PM »
his name is joe i believe. nice little shop. he helped me out when i was getting into trout fishing. real nice guy
Joe Catalano, great guy and one of NH's top bass anglers for many years :)

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 05, 2014, 06:41 PM »
Crazy good service!  Ordered my first PKs online on Thursday evening, they were shipped that night, and they all arrived today in the mail!!   ;D ;D ;D
You must be lucky or a small order...most ship within 5-10 days..... ;)

Offline Lv2airchr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Jan 05, 2014, 06:46 PM »
I placed my order this past Tuesday and it was at the house on Saturday, great service!!!!
Uncle Dave

Offline Lv2airchr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Jan 05, 2014, 06:49 PM »
I forgot, Dispy, please keep up with the info. That's why I now use PK Lures, thank you!
Uncle Dave

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Jan 05, 2014, 06:53 PM »
I placed my order this past Tuesday and it was at the house on Saturday, great service!!!!
hmmm why did none of you go to your board sponsers that carry PK's??? You see, it is my job as the PK New England Sales Rep to bring PK"S to your local shops. IF you do not see them in your local shops, send me a message..ask them to carry the product, send me your shop intel...and I will get them in your local stores :)  You will save money and have your product faster. Keep it local!! And yes PK is our Main Page Sponsor, but it is our(PK) desire to sell products through your local PK Dealers. The website will be updated soon with all current New England and State by State Dealers. :)

Offline Lv2airchr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Jan 05, 2014, 06:58 PM »
I'll be stopping by the Icehole soon, it just wasn't in the schedule this week. I much rather visit a bait shop than go to a " Big Box" store.
Uncle Dave

Offline PDubs/NH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #70 on: Jan 05, 2014, 07:03 PM »
hmmm why did none of you go to your board sponsers that carry PK's???

but the PK's is a board sponsor, yes?

honestly, I went on "the" PK site to see all the sizes and colors of flutters, and they all were in stock with a very reasonable shipping charge so it was a matter of convenience... I had them in my hands in less than 48hrs... and I didn't have to make a special trip to anywhere but my laptop...

I guess if I was buying them from some big retailers I could see the conflict, but getting them right from the original source... what could be the problem?

??? ??? ???

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Jan 05, 2014, 07:09 PM »
I'll be stopping by the Icehole soon, it just wasn't in the schedule this week. I much rather visit a bait shop than go to a " Big Box" store.
Thank you for interests in PK Lure products. It should be realized that many NH stores carry them. Keep business local. PK wishes local interaction versus page orders and has expanded into New England, thus my role within PK Products Inc. Our website will be updated soon, so all of New England knows where to buy them. So to think you are doing a major board sponsor a service, you are not, WE do have Retailers :)
Please support your local ( State board Sponsors) Bait & tackle shops. Thanks in advance.

Offline possumilk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lakes Region
« Reply #72 on: Jan 05, 2014, 08:04 PM »
And all my posts were not good enough :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao:

No offense Dispy but if I bit based on the word of every sales rep pushing a product I'd be broke...I chimed in on this post at no disrespect to you, but to drum up some chatter and base my decision on that.  I learned two things; they are sold at my local shop and they work on bass.  I will compare them with what I am using and report results.
>))))))>

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Jan 05, 2014, 08:35 PM »
No offense Dispy but if I bit based on the word of every sales rep pushing a product I'd be broke...I chimed in on this post at no disrespect to you, but to drum up some chatter and base my decision on that.  I learned two things; they are sold at my local shop and they work on bass.  I will compare them with what I am using and report results.
All is well and good possum..I am no different than you, well maybe a little..I fish everyday and have been an advocate long before I was Pro-Staff or a PK Sales Rep. I hope you experience the many results that many more before you, have experienced. Happy New Years

Offline cold waters

• Team IceShanty Regular
Favorite PK?
« Reply #74 on: Jan 06, 2014, 06:08 AM »
So I am a tackle ho.....

I bought a big flutter fish and a smaller tear drop shapped pK w an eye last season.    I have no idea the actual size or name of these other than they are pk's.    That's because I have an addiction and tossed them in the box.    Well I started  using them and really like the results thus far. 

I have only caught crappie on them thus far.   But I want to jig for trout and bass too.

What are your favorite size and colors?
The Harder I try, the luckier I get!!

Offline PapaAthona

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Favorite PK?
« Reply #75 on: Jan 06, 2014, 10:20 AM »
I've had the most like on the 1/8 oz spoon and 1/16 oz. (only size for the predator) predator in red dot glow and gold.  I'm going to use my flutterfish more this weekend.  Caught white Perch, Yellows, Bass, pickerel so far this season.  They are great.  I am dying to use my 1/2 oz. 1oz. PKs on Lakers.   @) :tipup:

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #76 on: Jan 06, 2014, 01:11 PM »
Don't hold me to this, and I'm sure Dispy will chime in at some point, but pending how many FOW you're in you may want to use a heavier lure. Say with the Flutter Fish, 3/4 to 1oz for deep water. A lot has to do with the technique used as well. Tom has the ins and outs on it.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline MikeF-NH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Jan 06, 2014, 03:12 PM »
I got my new flasher this weekend and picked up a couple of PKs to try. The flasher was great but the two PKs I used gave me the skunk. in one case I could see a fish right next to my PK and tried very subtle jigging and longer more aggressive jigging but just couldn't encourage a bite. I bought a gold flutterfish (with red nose) and a lavender/white "glow" PK that was a small tear drop shape. I was jigging on 6 pound test. Any idea what I am doing wrong? should I be downsizing my line to 2-4 pound?

Offline PapaAthona

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Jan 06, 2014, 03:25 PM »
I got my new flasher this weekend and picked up a couple of PKs to try. The flasher was great but the two PKs I used gave me the skunk. in one case I could see a fish right next to my PK and tried very subtle jigging and longer more aggressive jigging but just couldn't encourage a bite. I bought a gold flutterfish (with red nose) and a lavender/white "glow" PK that was a small tear drop shape. I was jigging on 6 pound test. Any idea what I am doing wrong? should I be downsizing my line to 2-4 pound?
  What size was the PK?  I know Dispy will be able to give better insight. But downsizing the PK size sometimes helps me. 

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #79 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:27 PM »
I got my new flasher this weekend and picked up a couple of PKs to try. The flasher was great but the two PKs I used gave me the skunk. in one case I could see a fish right next to my PK and tried very subtle jigging and longer more aggressive jigging but just couldn't encourage a bite.

Same thing happened to me when I was out with Tom and Dana that week in Dec. The bite shut of at 11 and you couldn't buy a bite with a c note. I was doing the same thing, could draw them up to the lure, but no action. Changed through 3 different ones. The bite just had died and then started to pick back up right as I was leaving I think......Figures!

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:32 PM »
Top 4 for me
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline MikeF-NH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:34 PM »
  What size was the PK?  I know Dispy will be able to give better insight. But downsizing the PK size sometimes helps me.

I bought the 1/8 oz flutter fish in Gold Plated and 1/8 oz PK Spoon in  Pink Pearl Glow. Between my son and myself, each lure got about an hour of jigging time (we had a lot of traps out so we spent a lot of time chasing flags too).

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:57 PM »
Honestly and all sales aside, We have caught most all of the species( smelt to Salmon/Lakers) on Spoons, Flutterfish, and Predators in all colors, from New York to Maine. Our preference is to typically fish with 1/2 ounce lures due to the ability to maintain contact with the lures at all times. This is important so as to feel the lite biters, other times the fish just hammer them. There are a variety methods to jig them and each has their own specific action. One of the most important things to remember that when fishing with a flasher/ electronics, you can vary your approach to fishing based upon the fishes reaction to your presentation. When approaching your lure, often times, fish will "sniff you out", try raising your jig higher to see if the fish will follow you, if it does, then it is catch-able. Often, when fish are not hitting after exhausting many varied approaches, we will up-size our lures, opposite from down sizing and it will usually trigger the strike. This is why dead-sticking your lure can be very effective after several bounces of the rod tip. Remember too, we are not fishing cod, so try to avoid the famous cod jigging 2' foot sweeps. Keep it to a maximum of 8-12" in a lift and drop method. :)

Offline milo44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Jan 06, 2014, 06:07 PM »
Have had a few flutter fish and spoons but haven't used them that much   but did catch a walleye one the red dot spoon 1/2 oz I think the first time I dropped it in the water

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
PK Cusk......
« Reply #84 on: Jan 08, 2014, 09:11 AM »

Offline nixstyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: PK Cusk......
« Reply #85 on: Jan 08, 2014, 09:39 AM »
Nice! Can't wait to try my new PKs on some cusk. ... Already getting hungry thinking about it.

Offline cold waters

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Jan 08, 2014, 10:17 AM »
Thanks for the insight guys..  Time to buy more tackle!!
The Harder I try, the luckier I get!!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #87 on: Jan 08, 2014, 10:17 AM »
Love it!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Tailgunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Jan 08, 2014, 10:52 AM »
Wow,  I guess it IS true that these PK'S will catch anything that swims!!!  Nice Cusk..

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Jan 08, 2014, 10:56 AM »
Nice video. Great looking cusk too!
Salmonemia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.