Author Topic: pk lures  (Read 14222 times)

Offline PDubs/NH

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Favorite PK?
« Reply #120 on: Jan 09, 2014, 12:43 PM »
Remember too, we are not fishing cod, so try to avoid the famous cod jigging 2' foot sweeps. Keep it to a maximum of 8-12" in a lift and drop method. :)

Ok, but when PK starts putting out some 14oz flutterfish for cod do we change to 2' sweeps or keep it 8-12"???

;D

Looking forward to giving my Pks their first workout this weekend - was really impressed with the quality and finish of them when they arrived!!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #121 on: Jan 09, 2014, 12:50 PM »

Ok, but when PK starts putting out some 14oz flutterfish for cod do we change to 2' sweeps or keep it 8-12"???

;D

Looking forward to giving my Pks their first workout this weekend - was really impressed with the quality and finish of them when they arrived!!

8 oz. Panics are gonna light it up on the salt this year!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #122 on: Jan 09, 2014, 01:12 PM »
8 oz. Panics are gonna light it up on the salt this year!
AS well as the 5 ounce spoons. Both have produced nicely for us..Cannot wait to troll those streamers I showed you Frank. They are meant for tuna trolling ;)

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: pk lures
« Reply #123 on: Jan 09, 2014, 01:23 PM »

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Pk lures where are they forsale
« Reply #124 on: Jan 09, 2014, 01:35 PM »
went to martel's today they didnt have any hopefully there shipment arrives soon
At some point next week they should have them Wiinisquamtrout. Late in the week.

Offline WhackMaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #125 on: Jan 09, 2014, 02:41 PM »
thanks dispy. i'll be hitting martel's too. what about aj's? do you know if they've received any yet?

Offline airplanejig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #126 on: Jan 09, 2014, 02:45 PM »
tom i will let you know how deaddly they are  in a few weeks  when i go to galapagos.    i am sure the yellowfin and  wahoo will be all over them  and i will  see what the  do on the streamers   www.sportfishgalapagos .com
May your flags never have the bends

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #127 on: Jan 09, 2014, 03:15 PM »
thanks dispy. i'll be hitting martel's too. what about aj's? do you know if they've received any yet?
Aj's should get theirs earlier in the week, as in next week. I don't have the shipping order in front of me as I am in the taxidermy studio working ;)

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #128 on: Jan 09, 2014, 03:16 PM »
tom i will let you know how deaddly they are  in a few weeks  when i go to galapagos.    i am sure the yellowfin and  wahoo will be all over them  and i will  see what the  do on the streamers   www.sportfishgalapagos .com
Can't wait Pete, the boys are saving like crazy to get down there ;D

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #129 on: Jan 09, 2014, 09:33 PM »
Hey dispy just want to say thanks and it was good to meet you the other day, got out last night for a couple hours and i have to say ill be back over for a few more pk,s , man do the slabs hit  that thing hard . they didnt nibble it they tried to swallow it hole good thing for needle nose pliers . anyways ill see you soon .
No problem and thank you for your acknowledgement. It was very nice to meet you as well.  :)

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #130 on: Jan 10, 2014, 08:05 AM »
  www.sportfishgalapagos .com

Oh my god... just... oh my god. You lucky son of a-
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
« Reply #131 on: Jan 10, 2014, 08:49 AM »
I'm just starting to jig this year and I'm sure I have a bit to learn. I hope to have a Marcum unit next year to help with learning how to Ice Fish for Laker's. I'm looking to jig for rainbow's this year and was seeking info on what size pk to use. I have the colors down from looking at all the post but not too much info on a particular size especially for bows. I do not fish for perch and such. Also can you give me some advise on size to use for trolling in open water if anyone knows or has tried it as well?

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #132 on: Jan 10, 2014, 09:45 AM »
I'm just starting to jig this year and I'm sure I have a bit to learn. I hope to have a Marcum unit next year to help with learning how to Ice Fish for Laker's. I'm looking to jig for rainbow's this year and was seeking info on what size pk to use. I have the colors down from looking at all the post but not too much info on a particular size especially for bows. I do not fish for perch and such. Also can you give me some advise on size to use for trolling in open water if anyone knows or has tried it as well?
1/8 thru 1/2 ounce Flutterfish work well on trout, do not over look the Predators nor the 1/8 & 1/4 ounce Spoons. We troll PK's for lakers, salmon, rainbows, browns both flatlining and on leadcores, you can see the results here http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=42926.0    as for trolling, stick with 3/8 thru 2.5 ounces as the smaller sizes will not provide a wide wobble at trolling speeds of .7 to 2.7 mph's. Hope this helps :)

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #133 on: Jan 10, 2014, 09:48 AM »
i am going to give my PK Flutter fish a try on sunday for some crappie  ;D
I Chase Toothy Critters!!!!

Offline waterfowlah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #134 on: Jan 10, 2014, 02:40 PM »
Why fish PK's ?............

(Image removed from quote.)

Enough said...............

X2
Team Grizzly. ICE 55. Hopped up JIFFY owner ported polished custom expansion chamber 36" in 2.5 seconds HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #135 on: Jan 10, 2014, 02:49 PM »
X2

That doesn't look like a PK hanging from that trout"s mouth. If it is what kind is it please.
PB

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #136 on: Jan 10, 2014, 02:50 PM »
The first time I seen that pic PB I said the same thing but didn't want to say anything....lol.
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #137 on: Jan 10, 2014, 03:19 PM »
Its a panic I believe!
Salmonemia

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #138 on: Jan 10, 2014, 03:27 PM »
That doesn't look like a PK hanging from that trout"s mouth. If it is what kind is it please.
PB
PK Panics, we have them from 8 ounce down to 1/2 ounce. The 1 ouncers are lethal on fish. If you go up the page I posted the larger ones in a picture ;)

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #139 on: Jan 10, 2014, 03:30 PM »
Its a panic I believe!

Bingo..... I found that picture somewhere and borrowed it LOL   That girl can fish.   She has caught a  few toothy critters that dwarf that lake trout.  Canadian fishing at it's best :thumbsup:
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Offline waterfowlah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #140 on: Jan 10, 2014, 03:33 PM »
Bingo..... I found that picture somewhere and borrowed it LOL   That girl can fish.   She has caught a  few toothy critters that dwarf that lake trout.  Canadian fishing at it's best :thumbsup:

X2.com
Team Grizzly. ICE 55. Hopped up JIFFY owner ported polished custom expansion chamber 36" in 2.5 seconds HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #141 on: Jan 30, 2014, 04:10 PM »
Was just in Dover Marine they just got a huge shipment in all sizes and colors  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #142 on: Jan 30, 2014, 05:30 PM »
Watch out  Frank you'll be next 🚔 thanks for the heads up
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #143 on: Jan 30, 2014, 07:16 PM »
GO PK
Salmonemia

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #144 on: Jan 30, 2014, 07:20 PM »
The first time I used a pk I was amazed. Wasn't in the water a second and this little fella wanted to play

Lure was almost as big as him
Fishing is like playing at Carnegie Hall, when your good your good. But do you know how to get to Carnegie Hall? PRACTICE!

Offline Squeeb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #145 on: Jan 30, 2014, 07:45 PM »
Before a giant pickerel stole my PK

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.