Author Topic: pk lures  (Read 14221 times)

Offline snohiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just give me water hard or not and ill be happy
pk lures
« on: Dec 31, 2013, 11:08 PM »
Ive been hearing alot of talk about these pk lures is there a local shop that has them or is just mail order. and happy new years to you all

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: pk lures
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2013, 11:10 PM »
Ive been hearing alot of talk about these pk lures is there a local shop that has them or is just mail order. and happy new years to you all
How can I help you? pm sent :)

Offline moosehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2014, 07:18 AM »
I need to get some of these ,dip. can you help me. thanks

Offline ClearCreek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2014, 10:24 AM »

Click on the PK lure box at the top of the page - they are an IceShanty sponsor.

ClearCreek

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2014, 02:15 PM »
Sebago Bait and Dag's both carry them in stock at their locations.

Offline possumilk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lakes Region
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2014, 07:01 PM »
I guess I don't understand what the big deal is about these lures ???  Lindy is also an ice shanty sponsor and I find there jigs to be as good or better and people aren't talking about them.  The rattlin flyer and frostee spoon are killer. Just sayin.
>))))))>

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2014, 07:04 PM »
I guess I don't understand what the big deal is about these lures ???  Lindy is also an ice shanty sponsor and I find there jigs to be as good or better and people aren't talking about them.  The rattlin flyer and frostee spoon are killer. Just sayin.

Have you tried them?
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2014, 07:09 PM »
The ones who are talking about them are the ones who are using them...like myself..I mostly used swedish pimples and wanted to try something different so last year I bought a few PKs after seeing a few posts about them...the look of them and style is what I liked most...
I was jigging for lakers with a Swedish pimple and was basically skunked so I switched to my PK
Flutterfish and started jigging and caught 4 lakers with in 20min....call it what you will, but after that I was sold on them and since have bought more...

I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 01, 2014, 07:11 PM »
Fish see a whole lot of presentations. Most of the time they are similar or slight variations of the same old stuff. Introduce a "new" one and differ the presentation style (even if only slighty) and magic happens. Think that's nuts - check with BIP!

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 01, 2014, 07:21 PM »

I'm so confident in these lures I'll pick just one PK and troll it against anything you have in your tackle box. I ran it against $300 plus of hardware in my bag this summer and one lure caught 8 different species of fish all week and it was the ONLY lure bringing anything in the boat. 2 rods, same boat. Cast them, jig them, troll them they work period.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 01, 2014, 08:07 PM »
Jigging/ Casting Spoons

“One of the most innovative spoon designers in America is Pat O’Grady, owner of PK Lures. His famous Flutterfish casting-jigging-trolling spoon now sports a unique pineapple hammering pattern that catches and reflects light at all angles, producing a textured look underwater. The Flutterfish, with its one-of-a-kind hourglass shape, stays horizontal on the pause and drop—thus the name.”

Source, In Fisherman January 11, 2013, Matt Straw, http://www.in-fisherman.com/2013/01/11/how-to-catch-fish-using-spoons/

Offline ClearCreek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 01, 2014, 08:32 PM »

Ice anglers out here in the Rocky Mtn. states use PK lures, but many other lures, like the Hali jig, seem to work as well or better on species like yellow perch in our waters. 

ClearCreek

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2014, 08:35 PM »
Pk spoons crush fish.......all fish!!!! get some and find out yourself.
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2014, 08:40 PM »
I'm so confident in these lures I'll pick just one PK and troll it against anything you have in your tackle box. I ran it against $300 plus of hardware in my bag this summer and one lure caught 8 different species of fish all week and it was the ONLY lure bringing anything in the boat. 2 rods, same boat. Cast them, jig them, troll them they work period.
  And this 1 PK lure is which one?

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 01, 2014, 08:41 PM »
  And this 1 PK lure is which one?
1/2 ounce Gold Flutterfish ;)  but I'll let H82LUZ tell ya that :)

Offline misterharry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 01, 2014, 08:50 PM »
I am intrigued enough to buy a few PK's and see for myself. The way I roll, one can never have too many lures anyway, so what the ----? Between open water trolling & ice jigging, I have so many damn spoons in different sizes and color patterns it's stupid. like a hoarder, I'm telling you. But of the 100 plus or so I have on hand, I find I stick predominantly to time-tested, old-school, 'winning' designs/brands - the Mooselooke, The Pimple, the DB Smelt, these 3 make up 75% of my collection. Hand tied lead head jigs are all about the buck fur and the tier, but I am definitely impressed with Northland Bionic Bucktails and Airplanes. We'll see if these PK's out-perform, or if it's a sales pitch.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2014, 08:59 PM »
I am intrigued enough to buy a few PK's and see for myself. The way I roll, one can never have too many lures anyway, so what the ----? Between open water trolling & ice jigging, I have so many damn spoons in different sizes and color patterns it's stupid. like a hoarder, I'm telling you. But of the 100 plus or so I have on hand, I find I stick predominantly to time-tested, old-school, 'winning' designs/brands - the Mooselooke, The Pimple, the DB Smelt, these 3 make up 75% of my collection. Hand tied lead head jigs are all about the buck fur and the tier, but I am definitely impressed with Northland Bionic Bucktails and Airplanes. We'll see if these PK's out-perform, or if it's a sales pitch.

NOT a sales pitch, I get nothing In return other than catching fish..

Offline misterharry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 01, 2014, 09:58 PM »
Nothing I like better than field testing. Forgot to mention my affinity for the rapala jigging raps. But rapalas, any/all, are in a sort of class of their own and are what they are - more or less perfect. Awesome. Only issue is working in scent/cut-bait - nh. Oh well. Is there a specific color/pattern/size/design in the PK ideally recommended for laker? Short list of 3? I'll try anything once.

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 01, 2014, 10:20 PM »
Dag's actually just ordered a bunch of pk predator's and they have flutterfish instock.. Just send them a pm and let them know what you are looking. That is what I am doing and they are going to ship my order to me for 5 bucks. Cant beat supporting a sponsor of a page. Gold, silver, and red dot glow is what I have been pointed towards buying.. anywhere between 1/4 oz to 1/2 oz depending on what you are looking to fish for
Fishing is like playing at Carnegie Hall, when your good your good. But do you know how to get to Carnegie Hall? PRACTICE!

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 01, 2014, 10:38 PM »
Dag's actually just ordered a bunch of pk predator's and they have flutterfish instock.. Just send them a pm and let them know what you are looking. That is what I am doing and they are going to ship my order to me for 5 bucks. Cant beat supporting a sponsor of a page. Gold, silver, and red dot glow is what I have been pointed towards buying.. anywhere between 1/4 oz to 1/2 oz depending on what you are looking to fish for
There are many NH retailers carrying them. misterharry where are you located in NH?

Offline bring_back_the_NHL

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Take A Kid Fishing!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 01, 2014, 11:54 PM »
placing an order online- is there a coupon code avail?

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #21 on: Jan 02, 2014, 06:35 AM »
1/2 ounce Gold Flutterfish ;)  but I'll let H82LUZ tell ya that :)

BINGO!  ;D
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 02, 2014, 06:50 AM »
"""Between open water trolling & ice jigging, I have so many damn spoons in different sizes and color patterns it's stupid. like a hoarder, I'm telling you. But of the 100 plus or so I have on hand, I find I stick predominantly to time-tested, old-school, 'winning' designs/brands - the Mooselooke, The Pimple, the DB Smelt, these 3 make up 75% of my collection."""

And those were 3 of the biggest names I was working that week that were NOT producing even a strike. For every 2 fish the PK brought in the boat I would change the lure on the second rod. I even tried my fly rod with streamers to no avail. By the second morning I had gone through ALL my lures, and the PK Gold Flutter Fish was still keeping me busy. That one week I had caught several bows, lakers, salmon, smallies, 2 large mouth, white and yellow perch and a sucker!

Offline PapaAthona

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 02, 2014, 07:52 AM »
I love the PKs  when it was real slow this past weekend (and I mean slooowww) the perch would still come up and attack the predator.

Offline cbass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 02, 2014, 09:04 AM »
I live in Northern Mass, are there any retailers in New Hampshire or Mass that sell PK's?  Do Ice Shanty members get a discount if they order directly from PK Lures?  I want to buy a few to try out, but not too fond of the Shipping costs to boot.  Thank you Dispy or anyone else who has an answer.  Stay safe and warm out there everyone.

cbass

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 02, 2014, 09:07 AM »
I live in Northern Mass, are there any retailers in New Hampshire or Mass that sell PK's?  Do Ice Shanty members get a discount if they order directly from PK Lures?  I want to buy a few to try out, but not too fond of the Shipping costs to boot.  Thank you Dispy or anyone else who has an answer.  Stay safe and warm out there everyone.

cbass
If your close to the NH border, the " ice hole " in Brookline carries them.  Give Rick a call

Offline cbass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 02, 2014, 12:16 PM »
Thanks Poolguy.  Are there any other retail outlets that sell PK's in southern NH/northern MA? 

Cbass

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Jan 02, 2014, 02:36 PM »
Dover Marine in Dover, NH carries them in a wide variety

Offline PDubs/NH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Jan 02, 2014, 02:47 PM »
what are the lengths for the 1/8, 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 oz flutterfish?

What size and color do people recommend for:

1) crappie/perch - i.e. panfish
2) typical stocky trout
3) Winni lakers

???

I need to grab a few jigging spoon and figure I'll give the PKs a bid!!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Jan 02, 2014, 02:53 PM »
Hey Paul, the 1/8 are 1 1/4 " the 1/4 are 1 5/8" I'm still waiting on the other sizes to arrive. The site does show comparison however.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.