Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2014  (Read 74029 times)

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2014
« Reply #60 on: Jan 06, 2014, 08:03 AM »
Get her busted will ya Jiggin.  ;D

I'm working on it!

Will be like a Gallagher Concert when I do. Make sure you wear your rain coat or don't sit in the front row......

Offline beerhog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 06, 2014, 02:59 PM »
put the house out yesterday at boat launch 4 inches 48fow managed to jig up a laker pretty slow there was a hole 100 feet from house  hope it didn't grow to much will check tonight 

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #62 on: Jan 06, 2014, 04:00 PM »
just got off the ice checked houses...and ice conditions...lotsa water...lotsa slush.. but looks like everything is exposed for the big freeze
and hopeully everything will chunk up nice !!

everyone was high and dry...helped backdraft put blocks under his house

sorry beerhog didnt go over there, or i would have given a report..
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #63 on: Jan 06, 2014, 07:07 PM »
Thanks Tippin!

I stopped up too after work but didnt venture out. All looked good. Taint and Troutfreak were out there fishing.

Offline backdraft

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:17 AM »
     Just want to thank the "three amigos" for their help in getting my ice shack from my driveway, out onto the ice.  Its frustrating to deal with chronic ailments of various types and I am so appreciative for that help.  You boys are great ambassadors for the Newfound Circus....      Time for a good freeeeze.    Good luck to everyone out there!!!

Offline beerhog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 07, 2014, 01:42 PM »
thanks tippen no worries went after work all is high and dry little slushy but for the most part almost frozen back up gonna need to where creepers next time

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #66 on: Jan 07, 2014, 06:58 PM »
No problem Backdraft.

Red rover, red rover, I'm a heading right over!

Tomorrow night is the bounce for me.

Offline PDubs/NH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:07 PM »
You guys are a crazy bunch of up there!!  I wish I lived closer. The Circus looks like a ton of fun and what fishing is all about - friends, fish, food, a little drinky-drink if one so desires and GOOD TIMES!!

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #68 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:17 PM »
"its what we do" 'backdraft...when you get the chance pay it  forward....
i will be bouncing too....
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:18 PM »
You guys are a crazy bunch of up there!!  I wish I lived closer. The Circus looks like a ton of fun and what fishing is all about - friends, fish, food, a little drinky-drink if one so desires and GOOD TIMES!!

Great Bunch of people up there Paul. You should try to make it up there for the Team NH Get-Together?  But if not, generally any weekend at the Circus is a good one. ;)

Offline vtpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #70 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:46 PM »
So... I drove by the circus today(I think)...

...and I thought to myself...

I have overly big feet, overly large ears and always have a dim witted 1/2 smile on my face...couldn't look more like a clown...Is there a better place for a Clown than the Circus???

Think I'll need to join...

Anyway...is that the "circus" on the south end of the lake off of west shore rd???

Hope to meet you all soon.

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #71 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:48 PM »
So... I drove by the circus today(I think)...

...and I thought to myself...

I have overly big feet, overly large ears and always have a dim witted 1/2 smile on my face...couldn't look more like a clown...Is there a better place for a Clown than the Circus???

Think I'll need to join...

Anyway...is that the "circus" on the south end of the lake off of west shore rd???

Hope to meet you all soon.

Did you stop and talk to someone tonight unloading an atv at Cummings Beach?  If so, that was me.
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline PDubs/NH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:49 PM »
Great Bunch of people up there Paul. You should try to make it up there for the Team NH Get-Together?  But if not, generally any weekend at the Circus is a good one. ;)

Let me know when & where the Team NH Get Together is this year... I want to meet these folks!  They are doing it right!!!

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #73 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:53 PM »
Taint and I made the jump tonight up to the next spot. All the slushy stuff froze up pretty good.   Hopefully Thursday Night Cusk League this week will be better than last week.  So far, no one has scored any points.
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline vtpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #74 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:55 PM »
Did you stop and talk to someone tonight unloading an atv at Cummings Beach?  If so, that was me.

Yes I did! Glad oto meet you...kinda...

Figured you were going out to block up a shanty...almost offered a hand but I was clearly underdressed...brrrr!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #75 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:58 PM »
Yes and no.

It is where we all gather at the start of the season...practice run if you will. Get everything working before we head out to the bigger part of the lake.

At Cummings beach, it is relatively close to shore so any last minute adjustments are easy. Once the lake freezes (which it has) we move north and continue till we get to "our spots" where we each end up every year. Different spots for different folks.

The Circus is all over the lake and not just one spot. If you come up and want to join in the fun, my suggestion is to bring a motorola walkie talkie and go to channel 5.5
Holler out, introduce yourself and you'll get a response. We will be sure to include you in our raido shenanigans. There is much more radio activity during the weekends than the week as we all actually work for a living (some harder than others)  ::)

Bring a good sense of humor and dont get offended easily by the language or topics of conversion. You just never know what direction we go in. It's all very spontaneous and ad-libbed. Strictly for entertainment values only.

Some of the houses and more will be making the bounce further north from here on in. Best way to communicate is by the radio.

You don't need an invite or a ticket. It's free for all and all for free.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #76 on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:00 PM »
Glad oto meet you...kinda...

That's what we say about Troutfreak too!

Kidding (kinda)......

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #77 on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:01 PM »
Yes I did! Glad oto meet you...kinda...

Figured you were going out to block up a shanty...almost offered a hand but I was clearly underdressed...brrrr!

Sorry, I didn't have too much to say tonight.  Had a mission that needed to be accomplished.  Anyway, nice to meet you vtpike.  Come join in the fun! Like JIGGIN said, holler out on the radio.
Clark Gable

Offline vtpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:04 PM »
Thanks Jiggin...have radio will touch base when I get up there...

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #79 on: Jan 07, 2014, 09:05 PM »
So if we were to pay you a visit is that a good place to park and off load a quad? Or continue to Wellington?
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Jan 07, 2014, 09:25 PM »
Let me know when & where the Team NH Get Together is this year... I want to meet these folks!  They are doing it right!!!

Check out the thread stickied to the top of the board Paul. It will be on March 1st. Most likely at Wellington State Park.  Or on the ice close by there.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Jan 07, 2014, 10:59 PM »
Hey, don't forget the circus sideshow acts!

Like the bearded lady sort of thing (not that I have one....yet.  ;) )

Some of the usual circus walk out and sit on buckets. We have no houses to bump....we check conditions as far as we care to walk.....like Gypsies. Bearded Gypsies. Except me. That would be weird.

I missed you guys last weekend! I'll be there Saturday, barring catastrophic events.

Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #82 on: Jan 08, 2014, 07:17 AM »
Hey, don't forget the circus sideshow acts!

Like the bearded lady sort of thing (not that I have one....yet.  ;) )

Some of the usual circus walk out and sit on buckets. We have no houses to bump....we check conditions as far as we care to walk.....like Gypsies. Bearded Gypsies. Except me. That would be weird.

I missed you guys last weekend! I'll be there Saturday, barring catastrophic events.

Your never forgotten Guinea, as long as I have an atv or sled, you'll always have a ride.....just holler.....

We missed you out there too.....see you this weekend!

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Jan 08, 2014, 08:53 AM »
Your never forgotten Guinea, as long as I have an atv or sled, you'll always have a ride.....just holler.....

We missed you out there too.....see you this weekend!

Oh, I was just referencing VTpike's question about where the circus is. There are the sideshow acts... you've got the Phil & Kracken "Weekend at Bernie's" duo on the south end, Numb being his own windbreak on the Dark Side, the not-yet-bearded lady with the silly hat hoping to walk off Wellington, etc. etc.......  ;)

Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline Cherwnvega

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Jan 08, 2014, 09:02 AM »
how does the ice look after this "balmy" weather we've had? looking at putting the house out next week
“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today.  Teach a man to fish, and he will sit in the boat and drink beer all day"

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #85 on: Jan 08, 2014, 09:51 AM »
how does the ice look after this "balmy" weather we've had? looking at putting the house out next week

I'd say BRING IT!!!

At Cummings beach, there is at least 10" of ice perhaps more now that the snow has melted and re-froze. Making ice every day however I heard we are in for another warm spell / rain  this coming weekend / week?

Cummings will be fine.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #86 on: Jan 08, 2014, 09:57 AM »
Oh, I was just referencing VTpike's question about where the circus is. There are the sideshow acts... you've got the Phil & Kracken "Weekend at Bernie's" duo on the south end, Numb being his own windbreak on the Dark Side, the not-yet-bearded lady with the silly hat hoping to walk off Wellington, etc. etc.......  ;)

Gottcha.....that's too funny! Yes there are side shows all over the lake, we are just one big Circus covering the entire lake, everyone's a part in one way or another.....not so sure about the "not-yet-bearded lady" thing though......stay cleanly shaven Guinea, it tickles my, well... you know.

Welcome to the show!

Offline Kraken

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Jan 08, 2014, 11:35 AM »
Weekend at Bernie's  :) I like that. I just wish we could get up there more often.

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Jan 08, 2014, 02:08 PM »
Alright- goal for this winter- break from pike fishing for at least a weekend and come over and check the circus out, it looks like too much fun! I'm up in Orford so it wouldn't be that bad to come across. You guys always seem to have a great time!

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Jan 08, 2014, 04:48 PM »
Alright- goal for this winter- break from pike fishing for at least a weekend and come over and check the circus out, it looks like too much fun! I'm up in Orford so it wouldn't be that bad to come across. You guys always seem to have a great time!
Bring your handheld and tune into the most interesting radio chatter available. Thinking the Circus needs a ham radio set up to reach all of NH. Last weekend we learned a great deal of information on several JIGGIN topics :woot: :woot: :whistle: :whistle:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.