Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2014  (Read 74065 times)

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2014
« Reply #30 on: Jan 02, 2014, 07:07 AM »
Kraken, Phil, glad to see you guys made it up!

Glad to see everyone who made it out. Green Hornet and crew were standing out in the cool Newfound breeze for a while. Troopers! I almost felt guilty about having a windbreak. Almost.

Earlier in the morning, it was actually very warm sitting at my windbreak with the sun beaming down. It started to cool down so I spent a lot of time warming up my fingers in the portable.

No skunks on Newfound since 2012 for me....I'm pretty psyched. Starting to figure this fishing thing out!
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #31 on: Jan 02, 2014, 07:10 AM »

No skunks on Newfound since 2012 for me....I'm pretty psyched. Starting to figure this fishing thing out!

Hope you didn't curse yourself with this comment. Glad to see the circus ladies did well. Can't wait to see my fellow circus folks.

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #32 on: Jan 02, 2014, 09:24 AM »
Jiggin that vid was awesome man !!!!!!!  watched the circus from afar yest..slow day though 1 bow ..... :thumbsup: :woot:

Offline jellyroll44

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • may your lines be tight and your woman not so much
« Reply #33 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:07 AM »
Awesome!!!!!!!!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #34 on: Jan 02, 2014, 05:27 PM »

Made it out early today and it was snowing good shape. Continued all day which added up. It was just Laker Taker, Salmon Slammer and CH that fished and later we were graced with the presence of the BIP Crew! Good seeing you Dispy and the boyz. I couldn't believe they made the trek up in the snow but slow and steady won the race. I'll let Dispy post up the pic(s), congrats guy! Good show.

Laker Taker ended the day with 2 lakers, CH with one and Salmon Slammer with one as well. I ended up with another yellow perch. :(, I'm still looking to bust my "H" to smithereens. Shatter it but not today.
Salmon Slammer caught a nice 15.5" Yellow Perch (I measured it at  just shy of 16" and CH measured it at 37.5"  ;)), which would of seriously given the state record a run for it's money but we decided to eat it instead. There's more from which that came. I truly believe the next yellow perch state record will come out of Newfound. They are just big in this lake with good forage for them. The one I caught was full of chum and smelt. Salmon Slammer's had an empty belly but nice fillets!

It was great being out there in the snow storm. Love that. Back at it in the am.

I'm working on pics / videos. Sorry for the delay.

Cheers!

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 02, 2014, 05:53 PM »
I feel your pain, Jiggin. Usually my first fish out of Newfound is a dink perch.

I am now down to a 32 hour work week (better than lay offs!), but tomorrow a.m. I have to dig myself out of this winter wonderland. I might come out for a couple of hours later in the day since I can't make it Saturday.

I would have liked to stop by and meet the BIP crew after work (thanks for telling me they were there, Jiggin), but I really needed to get home with some daylight left. One of these days we'll meet!

And way to go, Salmon Slammer! (That's kind of a bad handle for icefishing lol)

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 02, 2014, 06:53 PM »
Thanks buddy :) it was good to see you both today........Maybe up again tomorrow ;)

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #38 on: Jan 02, 2014, 07:12 PM »
Here's a few clips from the last couple of days.

Enjoy!

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #39 on: Jan 02, 2014, 07:13 PM »
sorry a little out of practice with the picture posting ...will get it figured out...

good to hear phil..and kraken out there good job on the rainbow !!

bearbait, hurry up your missing all the fun !!!
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #40 on: Jan 02, 2014, 07:15 PM »
Nice video Jiggin. Some great looking fish in there.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 02, 2014, 08:06 PM »
 :thumbsup: Congrats to the circus family on their first two, 2014 shows !

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:02 PM »
Great start to the year Circus folks. Hope to join the fun this weekend.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:15 PM »
Great start to the year Circus folks. Hope to join the fun this weekend.

You're retired, Capt.....and young(ish) to boot. What's the hold up?   ;)

Offline BearBait

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 2009 Black Bear
« Reply #44 on: Jan 02, 2014, 11:56 PM »
Hey tippin nice to hear from ya.  Sounds like things are in full swing.  I'm hoping to get the house out this weekend.  I'm waiting on my chains for the quad, they should be in tomorrow.  A friend has given me a bob house so I didnf need to make a new one, but it needed repairs and I haven't had a lot of time.  Is it safe to launch from Wellington or you launching from the town beach?

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 03, 2014, 01:50 AM »
Nice job everyone, Jiggin thanks for the video. Its helping me get through my time away from home!!

-Scott

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #46 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:04 AM »
Is it safe to launch from Wellington or you launching from the town beach?

No not yet that I know of. Snow's not helping.

We packed down a super highway the other day to the north end of Mayhew.....very very wet in some spots and deep water. Hoping by packing it down, it will stiffen up so we can make the bounce.

Only a few inches of ice near the north end of Mayhew. Couldn't walk around the point, too thin.

Looking forward to seeing you out there Bear Bait!

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:09 AM »
Wellington boat launch only had 1" last Saturday.

Offline deerme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:18 AM »
That slob YP is making me hungry.  Nice job guys and gals.  CH knows what she's doing hauling in the lakers!  Great stuff

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jan 03, 2014, 01:48 PM »
You're retired, Capt.....and young(ish) to boot. What's the hold up?   ;)

Waiting for the Dark Side (HELL) to freeze over. Going to try launching tomorrow.

Offline beerhog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Jan 03, 2014, 02:03 PM »
going to try to launch sun at boat launch we will c if not b at Cummings or mayhewwalked out wed 3 inch should b plenty for my shack

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #51 on: Jan 04, 2014, 05:45 PM »
01/03 & 01/04/2014

The bite is tough....very slow at Cummings. Cant wait to bounce outta there! Been very cold....-17f yesterday and today started out at -9f. Wind yesterday had gust of 30+ mph.

Building the super highway, packing it down with the snowmobile, getting the water under the snow to come up so it will freeze quicker in order to get out of cummings beach. Sounds like more bad weather coming however the wet warm rain weather might be good to get rid of all the snow. Hopefully the slush freezes up quickly.

Although the lakers are slow and coming in eating chum WE are still eating good. Eggs, Hash Browns and Sausage plus a couple of Yellow perch yesterday and today Bacon, Beans and other assorted goodies. Poor CH...fart and fluff the sheets on her tonight as a surprise. She loves it!!!....NOT.

Had a few people come out visit and take pictures. Gave them the tour. Most people don't realize how good we got it till they come out and see. It amazes me how many people stop at the parking lot, walk out a little bit and take pictures. Seems to go on almost all day.

Also had the new game warden come out and visit. Great guy so it seems. He is looking into getting some answers for the Ice Shanty gathering which will be worked through NHTF....stay tuned.

Back at it again tomorrow.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 04, 2014, 06:52 PM »
Thanks for the report Jiggin. Also a Big Thank You for Your help with the new C.O it's Greatly appreciated.

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #53 on: Jan 04, 2014, 06:56 PM »
Thanks for the report Jiggin. Also a Big Thank You for Your help with the new C.O it's Greatly appreciated.
I would tend to think with a large group they would make their presence known and usually not with only one CO.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 04, 2014, 07:09 PM »
Sorry I wasn't there to meet the new CO. Like you said before, Jiggin, I paid $104 for this license, so somebody needs to look at it! lol good point!

Lil' B and I went today to get somewhat matching tattoos for her 18th birthday. It was worth missing a day of fishing! Mine has a flag incorporated into it, so at least I got a flag today.  ;)

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Jan 04, 2014, 10:36 PM »
I would tend to think with a large group they would make their presence known and usually not with only one CO.

H82LUZ....

Jiggin did me a favor by peaking with the new C.O on the lake in regards to us holding the Team NH Get Together there in the Wellington S.P. area. Jiggin was also kind enough to take the time to ask a few questions in regards to other specifics to help organize the event.  Obviously we want to make sure everything is good with the proper authorities and town before holding the event. Worse case scenario things need to be moved onto the ice rather than setting up anything in the launch area.

No worries... we are in the process of working out the details. Keep watching the Get Together thread sticked to the top of the NH Board for updates.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #56 on: Jan 05, 2014, 06:51 PM »
1/05

It was cold first thing this morning. Then warmed up to be a really nice day weatherwise.

More houses brought onto the lake today even though Cummings Beach has deep snow drifts. We were able to get Pyshco's and Scruffy's house out today. It was a struggle but there was enough of us and plenty of determination to make it happen. Got a good work out.

Took a ride to the north end of Mayhew. The super highway we packed down the other day is nice and hard, However anywhere there is snow that hasnt been packed down, it's bad. Deep slush.
There is also 2 layer of ice which we called it a "four inch heartattack". You drop down four inches and onto four inches of ice. That sudden drop of four inches gives you a heartattack.
The ice is very very uneven in terms of thickness.
It would have been awesome to bounce outta Cummings however it is too early. We have some weird weather coming so best to see what this does to conditions before taking the chance. I believe Weds evening we'll be taking a trip out to see what things look like.

Today we had grilled ribeyes for lunch. Donuts for breakfast. Troutfreak, that dry rub was really good. Who would of thought coffee in a dry rub would of been so delious.

The new CO is a great guy. He's working on his own handle so that we dont give him one....which is best for him as we are waaay too immature to give folks handles....hence some of the names we have on the lake. Your handle is for life, best to pick your own. Just know that if your fishing illegally or unregistered, he's gonna get you. Just as Green Ghost would / will. Not worth it. It's his lake, we're just players on it.

A lot of fun this weekend. Chatter on the radio was non-stop and got to see some more of the Circus folks joining as we start to grow bigger and bigger. Some pics and videos will be posted later...too tired at the moment.

Let's do it again shall we?

ps; My "H" is still intact and getting thicker and thicker by the day. Currently you can walk on it without breaking through. I need to get on the board!!!!!!!!

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #57 on: Jan 05, 2014, 07:01 PM »
Great report as always. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Jan 05, 2014, 11:42 PM »
Sorry I wasn't there to meet the new CO. Like you said before, Jiggin, I paid $104 for this license, so somebody needs to look at it! lol good point!

Lil' B and I went today to get somewhat matching tattoos for her 18th birthday. It was worth missing a day of fishing! Mine has a flag incorporated into it, so at least I got a flag today.  ;)

Where are the pictures???

Good to see the Circus up an running!

I want to make it out for the gathering at least!!

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Jan 06, 2014, 07:55 AM »
Hope to join the mayhem soon. Get her busted will ya Jiggin.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.