Author Topic: Newfound Circus 2013  (Read 64912 times)

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus 2013
« Reply #810 on: Mar 28, 2013, 06:50 AM »
Anyone have a report as to the surface conditions on the lake? Is there still a layer of snow for a fan cooled sled? Is the launch still solid enough to drive a sled out there? Just trying to plan for the weekend.  I can walk if necessary, but I'd like to try and get one more fishing trip in with the "warhorse."
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #811 on: Mar 28, 2013, 06:57 AM »
I was out yesterday and the snow is gone. Thin layer of slush/water.

I wasn't at the launch though, I don't know how that looks.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #812 on: Mar 28, 2013, 07:45 AM »
Well, I can use the exercise anyway.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #813 on: Mar 28, 2013, 09:10 AM »
The below are conditions as of yesterday after work:

The launch on the right side as your facing the lake is perfect. The launch ramp on the left has some water and a hole that is opening up (from a rock that melted through). No problem passing with a sled...go fast.

You can use either side to get onto the lake, atv or snowmobile but right side would be better with an ATV. The ice conditions are starting to rot from the top so there is plenty of lube for snowmobile sliders. I was out yesterday with Psycho and Houndog, as they were checking on the houses.

Parking lot at Wellington Boat launch is down to bare asphalt. So this will be rough on sleds but good for wheelers. There is still plenty of ice on the lake but need to be careful of the shore lines.

Not sure of the conditions at Cummings beach however there still is a house out there looking pretty lonely.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #814 on: Mar 28, 2013, 09:15 AM »
Oh good. I didn't want to exercise anyway.

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #815 on: Mar 28, 2013, 09:57 AM »
Well, I can use the exercise anyway.

Oh good. I didn't want to exercise anyway.

;D  ;D  ;D

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #816 on: Mar 29, 2013, 07:28 PM »
03/29/2013

Made it out today with CH. As soon as we set the camera down, a laker appeared, hung out for quite a while. CH managed to get one on her tip up with a red fin shiner. That ties us up for the season so far.

Kept seeing them on the camera but no luck. Ladybug, Psycho, Laker Taker, Tippin and Frog all joined us today. Nice day to be out.

Doing it again tomorrow.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #817 on: Mar 29, 2013, 08:35 PM »
See y'all tomorrow morning, should be there early. Crawling into the wrapper now for an early departure.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #818 on: Mar 30, 2013, 05:46 AM »
Can't find the launch! Guess I'll park at wellington...

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #819 on: Mar 31, 2013, 11:25 AM »
Thanks for showing me how it's done Newfound style, guys! Not a single fish to be had by my crew, didn't even see any fish yesterday, but it was an awesome time anyway! Very (and I repeat this- VERY) entertaining activites going on! Nice to meet a bunch of you, too many of you to remember. I have a lot of pictures, but I'll start with these that Jiggin "made" me take (haha, thanks for letting me use you for an excuse)...

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #820 on: Mar 31, 2013, 11:30 AM »
Now that's what I call a party!!!!!! Glad you guys had a great day for it. Nice pic

H8
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #821 on: Mar 31, 2013, 04:49 PM »
Awesome Doc! Thanks for recording! What a great day it was....just look at the sky!

I wanted to copy the pic, Doc, but it won't let me. Can you email it? Gonna pm you my addy....

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #822 on: Mar 31, 2013, 08:38 PM »
wow thats a great picture. wtg circus folk. looks like a great season.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #823 on: Mar 31, 2013, 11:43 PM »

The circus (or at least the lake) was on my bucket list for this season. I never made it up, but after following this thread this season I am putting it to the top of the list for next year... looks like a good place to have a good time fishing.  Way to do it right!

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #824 on: Apr 01, 2013, 12:05 PM »
what a season!.....thanks everyone for all the good times tips, and help extended my way.

see ya next season!!!

tippin'
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #825 on: Apr 01, 2013, 12:25 PM »
Looks like a great time had by all, glad you guys/gals had great weather. Will be there next year for sure and more often.
Thanks for sharing and helping.

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #826 on: Apr 01, 2013, 06:57 PM »
What a blast!  We caught 10 lakers between the 3 of us in our group.  Pulled the shack back to the launch and enjoyed some food, drink, and company.  A really great season.    It's kinda sad that it is all over for now, but its never too soon to start thinking about next year.  Jan 1st is only 9 months away.  I can't wait! ;D ;D
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #827 on: Apr 01, 2013, 07:15 PM »
congrats to all and your great seasons

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #828 on: Apr 01, 2013, 08:39 PM »
It was great to see everyone(Go gimpy Tippy! Glad you made it!), and meet some new people Saturday. 'bout time Doc showed up.....he's been threatening for long enough.  ;)

Poor Stewy, ended his first year at Newfound with one laker (22" though!) and a horned pout (14"!!!!!). I was really hoping he'd get one Saturday, but, as this year went, he was aggravated when I caught a bow(pretty, but only 17ish).
I don't know if it was him or the lucky underwear I have on Saturdays, but neither were with me on Sunday, so all I got was a flag.

Sunday, Ladybug joined me for a few hours, which was great, since we hadn't fished together in ages! When I headed off, Frog was getting his sled loaded, and long story short, my hand is lucky to be in one piece. Yep, the floorjack bit me lol.

What a great end to the season, though. It's been a couple of years since we've seen the end of March there! And it was a great crew and a great time. And....before you guys can get your boats out, I'll be salmon fishin from shore!  ;D

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #829 on: Apr 05, 2013, 11:47 AM »
Great Circus pics. Wish I could have made it but it was a very busy weekend with family. There's always next year, as Troutfreak said "it's only 9 months away." That gives tippin plenty of time for recovery, glad your doing better. Thanks to all of the Circus for the laughs on 5.5, always good to hear the banter. 

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #830 on: Apr 07, 2013, 08:40 PM »
I just got back from Vegas...worked this past week at the ISA show. Sorry for not leaving a post, I left the day after the Newfound Circus Get Together... so I didn't get a chance to post up.

WOW....(if you say it upside down...it says...MOM)...anyways.....WOW what a way to end the 2013 Newfound Circus Season! Mother Nature shined her ever loving light on us that day! Thanks to her too. Weather was near perfect although the shore line broke up.

Got to the lake around 6 am with the rest of my bait for everyone to use. When I got there Psycho had said Houndog's  front tires broke through at the boat ramp with his wheeler...only 2 - 3 fow but still it was only gonna get worse as the day went on. This is what the day started like but as you may know, we work together to keep things rolling. Psycho went home and got us some ramps (planks) while I figured out there were still some solid places to get everyone on at the canoe access. Planks worked out awesome, we had to cross over some open water that was about 3' out and 2 - 3 feet deep. Everyone's across and we all headed out to do our thang. Around noon we all got back together to celebrate and give thanks to each other for another great season.
By the end of the day, working together as we started the season getting everyone on the ice, we were able to get everyone back across: houses, ATV's, Sleds and Circus folks. Everyone pitched in to help or at least watch, GoPro and cheer / laugh. Took some good video footage from the day and will post at some point. Thanks everyone that ran the Gropro for me. Good footage. Different points of views.

Congrats to Maggot for taking the prize this year on the "It's not a derby, derby"....kidding, sorta landing the biggest laker of the day at 20". It was nice cause this laker could of been beat at anytime by anyone however wasn't. Well deserved as that guy puts in his time like the rest of us do.

Great to see everyone that showed up and our thoughts (stories) were shared about the ones that didn't make it too. You were still with us. You all made up this craziness in one form or another. I try to keep it all in check.....right.

Had a lot of laughs this 2013 season:
From listening to the Laker Taker Academy schooling of Tippin (Cograts to Tippin for being Laker Takers first and only pupil to ever graduate),
To listening to the radio chatter,
To watching CH tie me for the season,
To video footage taken by you all with the GoPro,
To seeing a bunch of Personal Bests: Like Guineas record season (gurl you earned your season!!!), Laker Taker's 7.5 lber, Frog's incredible day of banging 27 lakers in one day (quite a few caught on the Gopro), to a lot more than I am forgetting to mention.
To welcoming new members to our family,
To seeing old friends coming back out to add to the fun,
To seeing those take it upon themselves to go out and take shifts making sure everything was alright on the lake (houses, conditions etc....) and doing what needed to get done,
To seeing some incredible foods being cooked out there,
To watching some funny stuff happen on the lake when boredom strikes,
To watching families coming together, fishing together and taking part. Feeling the joys when the kids land a laker to feeling the pain when you miss one.
To sharing stories of the days events with each other.
To seeing new bob house improvements from last year.
To educating the Circus first hand how far we can actually push the "fun meter" and getting a better understanding of the red line feature....taught to us by others who have tacked it out then came back to warn us all.
To hearing songs from others rather than me.
To Helping each other out, keeping things safe marking holes and sending out warnings and passing it on.
To paying it forward.
To just looking forward to spending a weekend together having fun being part of this silly crazy Circus in this really serious world. A place where I can escape and live life as right as we all feel it should be or make it.

The fun continued on right up to the last day. We parked the houses in the boat parking lot for pickup the next morning. A bunch of houses all lined up in a pretty row.
Little did I realize that they had Sunday Easter Sun Rise services at the boat launch the next day. It was reported to me that I had around 30 folks gathered around or near my house at the crack of dawn celebrating mass trying to enjoy the sun rise. I think the young boys that attended mass that morning were glad to attend and now understand the meaning of getting up at the Crack Of Dawn but Circus style! I know, I'm going to hell. I hope they prayed for me.

Anyways, I wanted to thank you all for coming, participated or following this thread. I appreciate all you kind comments, pm's and posts. I had a blast and hope you did too reading and seeing pictures throughout our season. I'm pretty sure there will be a Newfound Circus 2014 coming soon on IS...9 months from now.
Spend you time getting ready cause it will be here soon enough, but not quick enough for me. Radios, Batteries, Home improvements, New things to add to your house (to make it heavier it seems), build new homes, Get new gear etc....

Now comes the daunting tasks of editing the 2013 videos into a Newfound Circus 2013 season recap video. From the video's that I took and from the ones some of you stepped up and took for me adding to the fun through out the season, right up to the last day. It was a long season and tons of video to go through, but now that summer is on the way and we're not ice fishing every weekend, I should have some time. If you have any pictures from this past Newfound Circus season that you would like for me to add to the collection, Please send them to me and I will do my best to incorporate them into the video.

Stay tuned, Stay safe and until we meet again....CHEERS!

JIGGIN.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.