Author Topic: Newfound Circus 2013  (Read 64911 times)

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
Newfound Circus 2013
« on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:21 PM »
It's that time of the year again! As sure as winter rolls in, so does the Newfound Circus start to build. Slowly but surely a few fisherman/women venture onto the ice, then one house at a time will pop up seemingly over night, You can feel the camaraderie building as we bring back our community on the ice. It's about to happen......
I for one cant wait to start seeing those ol' familiar faces, young and old, meeting new faces and making new friends.  Seeing others helping each other out on the ice, offering good food, drinks and sharing conversations, hugs, hand shakes and smiles. Listening to everyone's improvements to their houses this year, new toys and add on's, hearing the chatter and comic relief on the radio, hearing updates on weather / ice conditions across the lake, fishing reports, the friendly competition and singing new ice fishing songs and possibly old ones. Mostly I look forward to the comfort of being surrounded on the ice with those that love the atmosphere and things ice fishing has to offer.  Surrounded by those we know we can count on when needed too. The good news is that should you get into trouble and really need help, your never alone. Lend a helping hand if you can too so that the "pay it forward" mentality continues to work. Help someone out, then tag them with the responsibility of paying it forward.
Last count on my board there were 96 handles using channel 5.5 on the FRS radios scattered all over the lake. Everyone brings something to the show from different parts of the lake.

To me, that is the Newfound Circus.......

As we may know, ice fishing can be boring but it doesn't have to be. Mother Nature can and will be a ......well, anyways....Holler out on the radio and let us know your out there. What's happenin', what's goin' on? what's for breakfast, lunch and dinner?, How are they bitin'? etc......after the "blanket apology" is said, We are good to go! The "blanket apology" basically covers all of us throughout the weekend, excusing us from the stupid things we may do or say. One apology covers it all.
Be forewarned, channel 5.5 is not a child friendly channel as the language can be strong. 

This thread is for recording some memories of the shenanigans that go on during the season on Newfound lake. I liken it to a pubic diary where we can all contribute from different parts of the lake to it. These are always fun to re-read at the end of the season too. Some things are forgotten about while others re-create a smile or laugh or an "oh yeah" moment.
Photos, Videos and general comments are always welcome from all. No worries about being called "Hero" shots as there are none. Only capturing the times. You'll see me this year with GoPro's as I'd like to do a video at the end of this season again, more videos and less still shots and yes, these are "Hero" Cameras.  :flex: Come hunt me down should you get something decent out of the lake to add to the video or just come by to say Hi!

Now the bad news:
The Circus will be running late this year due to poor ice conditions...like there is none. That's a problem.
First of the year we wont be on it. So I figured I'd start this year off with the closing video from last year.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the Newfound Circus 2013 season.

GO GO GET EM!

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus 2013
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:35 PM »
Great video! Looks like a great bunch of people and fun. Have a good fun and safe season!

Tight lines.

Digs
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:37 PM »
LOL, great post .. thanks for sharing....
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline kgupats

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2012, 08:20 PM »
ive fished out on Newfound lake its a great lake never seen anyone that is in the circus but everyone out there seems great.  didnt get a chance to fish it last year but hope to this year.  always did the derby in the past hoping they have good ice this year for a dery thats always a good time. hope to meet some of you out there this year.

Offline gerard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2012, 08:41 PM »
A friend of mine from NH said There is nothing Quite like listening to 5.5 on Newfound !

Offline lawnguyjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Masshole
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2012, 08:44 PM »
Aww Yeah!!!!!  :tipup:
-Jack
Newfound (Circus)

Offline TheOutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2012, 08:44 PM »
A friend of mine from NH said There is nothing Quite like listening to 5.5 on Newfound !

Who records the minutes?
"If firearms cause crimes and kill people, all of the ones I have must be defective."

Offline gerard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2012, 08:55 PM »
Happy New Year NH board !

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #8 on: Jan 01, 2013, 09:34 AM »
Now it feels like it's officially ice season. Let the fun begin.

Capt. Black

Offline Cherwnvega

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 01, 2013, 12:05 PM »
well looking at the extended weather forecast looks like ice pretty soon....thats if the wind doesn't show up but knowing that lake its doubtful!
“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today.  Teach a man to fish, and he will sit in the boat and drink beer all day"

Offline myles23atbr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 01, 2013, 12:13 PM »
Awesome vid!! Now thats livin!

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 01, 2013, 03:35 PM »
lets do this.....! :flex: :flex:
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Swampdonkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Can't catch em from the couch.
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2013, 03:44 PM »
Nice video!

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2013, 03:54 PM »
Awesome video Jiggin, can't wait to get out there with you this year!

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #14 on: Jan 01, 2013, 04:24 PM »
I'm ready. We just need the ice. Nice intro JIGGIN!
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline Cub

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 01, 2013, 04:29 PM »
Always look forward to reading this..Hope Newfound locks soon..
Jig em up!

Offline airplanejig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2013, 05:44 PM »
you guys and giirls are all right  nice video clip  looks like i will have to dig out the old jig stick and chunpot and come up and fish some sunday  Thanks for bringing back good memories of when  i had a shack  years ago 
May your flags never have the bends

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 01, 2013, 06:03 PM »
Looks like a great time, hoping I can make it out there this season and meet some of you guys.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 01, 2013, 06:35 PM »
Very nice video..Lots of fun when the Circus come to town :)

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 01, 2013, 06:37 PM »
Best Thread on the Board in my opinion ;)

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 01, 2013, 06:37 PM »
01/01/2013

Happy New Years!

Although I didn't get a chance to fish Newfound through the ice opening day, I did manage to get out with Laker Taker to a pond. We parked at the south end of the lake hoping we could huff it to the north end by foot but had to stop half way up the lake and turn around. Ice although black in some spots, were very thin. Must of been open water yesterday. Went back to where we fished yesterday in the cove. Laker Taker ended the day with 2 browns, 1 brookie and I with 4 browns and 1 brookie. Got to GoPro one of the brookies coming to the hole under the ice. Was windy and 23f.
Nice way to start the New Year off however wasn't the same as being in my bobhouse listening to the radio or visiting others.

Looking forward to that and yanking up some lakers.

Offline deerme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 01, 2013, 06:49 PM »
Best Thread on the Board in my opinion ;)
X2

Can't wait for this years GoPro footage!  Hope to get out there for a visit this season too..

Offline fishsluggos

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 01, 2013, 06:58 PM »
Thanks for starting the Newfound Circus thread again. My favorite one to follow last year. Hopefully will see you on the ice there this year.

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 01, 2013, 07:10 PM »
Blast from the past!  I can remember when we put the house out on 1/1. In front of the  "LEDGES"(Only happend once). Wicked cold back then - must be climate change! Snowy day during Feb. school vacation. 2 guys - 63 lake trout - only one legal! You got'a love this place!

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #24 on: Jan 01, 2013, 07:16 PM »
definatly the headlining show of the shanty world !!!!!top notch new hampshire entertainment ...keep up the good work

Offline JRA

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 01, 2013, 07:21 PM »
definatly the headlining show of the shanty world !!!!!top notch new hampshire entertainment ...keep up the good work
Agree!! Gets better every year!!

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:53 AM »
Great Thread & video Jiggin!!! can't wait to see this seasons upcoming posts from the Circus. Thanks for sharing.

Offline lawnguyjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Masshole
« Reply #27 on: Jan 02, 2013, 02:23 PM »
The foot of the lake all the way out Mayhew was locked up as of noon today. Not sure what the wind has done since.
-Jack
Newfound (Circus)

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 02, 2013, 04:18 PM »
just came back from the lake and it has been pushed back to the marina, and there is a open hole infront of the parking lot about 300 ft long...that could open up more if this wind keeps it up....the rest of the foot of the lake looks great!....its a start anyway!!

tippin 2'.......
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Lakertaker101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 02, 2013, 04:28 PM »
awesome video. I especially like the guy who caught the huge Laker on the cusk line. what a monster. I was glad to be part of the circus last year and definitely will be this year. I'll have my radio tuned in again this year. I usually go up with troutmaster! hopefully this is the year I'll get a 16 pounder!!...lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.