Author Topic: Dear Diary...By The Newfound Circus 2011  (Read 61374 times)

Offline BearBait

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 2009 Black Bear
Re: Dear Diary...By The Newfound Circus 2011
« Reply #60 on: Jan 07, 2011, 05:04 AM »
Happy New Years all.  Hope all has been well with the circus crew of newfound.  Looking forward to getting the house out on the ice.  bear bait

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Jan 07, 2011, 08:58 AM »
Hey Bearbait! Gonna be getting out there soon?

I drove to Plymouth yesterday afternoon, and the whole lake seems to be caught! The lack of wind for a few days has been a great thing.

I just bought a new set of radios. It was quiet last week not being able to hear anyone.

Talk to you all this weekend!

Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #62 on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:22 PM »
what model of motorola are you guys using?
thanks

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #63 on: Jan 07, 2011, 01:14 PM »
thanks
Mine are the Motorola Talkabout. The model # is T5950. Small yellow, uses rechargeable battery pack or three AA batteries. Channel 5.5. Heading out in about an hour or so.

Capt. Black

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 07, 2011, 01:54 PM »
I think that's the one I bought. Maybe this year we'll be able to hear each other, Capt!!! I'll try calling ya this afternoon.

I drove by at lunch and tested it on Tippy & Bucky...he asked if I was fishin or stalking. Yes, I was stalking. Had to come back to work. 30 more minutes and I'm free till Monday!!!!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #65 on: Jan 07, 2011, 02:24 PM »
thanks

Motorola T7200 older model is the one I'm using. I have a couple of newer models but they dont work as good.

Just make sure there are two channels on the screen or you can hear us but not talk to us. 5.5

JIGGIN.

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #66 on: Jan 07, 2011, 05:43 PM »
the launching at the foot of the lake was very smooth!!...had a line in the water by 9:15-9:30...

we saw 5 on the camera 1:raindow 3: lakers 1:sucker...

bucktail missed one....so i punched him......hes a little rusty, but im sure he'll get it!

good to be back out there, and doing all the ritual stuff, cant wait to join the
                                    rest of the circus tomorrow!!!!!!!!1

........tippin2'
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #67 on: Jan 07, 2011, 07:45 PM »
1/07/2011

Just got back from setting up the house for tomorrow. Holes all drilled from moving the house last night. Fished for a bit with no luck.

Talked to Beerhog, 8X8 and Newfound Bloodhound on the radio. Quite still night with alot of stars out. Hated to leave but was getting hungry. CH decided not to join me tonight, she wanted to get some house work done as she'll be on the ice this weekend.

Back at it early. Most likely will bounce it further north, we'll see what tomorrow will bring.

JIGGIN.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #68 on: Jan 08, 2011, 05:42 PM »
01/08/2011

Got to the lake early and Laker Taker was there just ahead of me.

Nice having the house all set up for the next day. Only had to chisel my holes out from last night. Laker Taker bounce his house past Tippin2 & Bucktails. 1Iceman and Troutfreak launched their houses off of Cummings. Soon after, Laker Taker made his way there. Soon after that, I made my way there too. We eventually convinced Tippin2 to pull his house out as well. Traveling Circus.

Saw a few lakers this morning on the camera, had one play around with CH. Getting her heart pumping. Later in the day around 4 pm, had some more come in and hit our jigs. Only playing with it. Felt good though.

Had scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast and terriyaki steak tips for dinner on the grill.

I must say I was impressed with Guinea and Lady Bug today. They were out all day in the portable until CH and I left at the end of the day. Put in a good long day, out lasted everyone else on the lake too. Nice job ladies! You 2 are hard core. Proud your part of the Circus.
Nice seeing Capt. Black out there too this morning. I'm sure he cant wait till we get ice further up the lake. Beerhog made his way onto the lake as well. Offered to move his house north with us but I think Laker Taker is going to do it in the morning.

Hopefully see everyone tomorrow.

JIGGIN.

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #69 on: Jan 08, 2011, 05:57 PM »
1/08/11
Got the house out off Cummins Beach today.  Got set up around 10 or so.  Stinkfinger came out for a couple hours and gave it hell but came up empty handed.  33 FOW.  Saw 5 fish on the camera.  Only 1 acted interested in the jigs.  Probably try and move out further off shore tomorrow closer to the island.  Nice to have the house out.  Cooked breakfast and a late lunch on the grill. mmm mmm good...
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Jan 08, 2011, 10:45 PM »
Iceman? Never heard of him. I know a guy named Taint tho...see ya tomorrow! Got a couch in Bristol and I might be in better shape than this a.m. lol

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Jan 09, 2011, 05:34 AM »
Good to see and hear everyone yesterday. The circus is definitely in town. Had about 3 inches of ice in Bridgewater. Hopefully the cold continues and we can launch next weekend. Nice to meet and chat with Beerhog. Enjoyed the banter on the talkies, always entertaining. Guinea and Ladybug are troopers that's for sure. Catch back up next weekend. Be safe out there.

Capt. Black

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #72 on: Jan 09, 2011, 05:23 PM »
1/9/11
Got out pretty early today and stayed til about 11:30.  Got 1 laker 18" on a glow head bucktail w/ sucker meat.  Pretty slow this weekend.  Good to see/hear everyone out there this weekend.  I'll be back out Friday night to move my house out of there and set some cusk lines.

I didn't hear of anyone else catching any lakers up until the point I left the lake.  I hope someone else got one...
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #73 on: Jan 09, 2011, 06:11 PM »
Glad to hear someone else got one.  They were down there but they were acting real finicky.  I tried 8 different jigs only to land the one I got on the one I had started with.  I'm headed for deeper water.  The bigger ones have to be there... I hope
Clark Gable

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Jan 09, 2011, 06:53 PM »
we were skunked this weekend......couldnt even get them to stop and check-out our stuff..
tried chummin' buck-tails,pimples,kastmasters,cut bait,smelt........phew im tired....
jiggin'.....whats for breakfast nextweek....when you gonna get there?

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #75 on: Jan 09, 2011, 06:54 PM »
good job guys. Hoping to make it up next Saturday.

Offline fishonNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 09, 2011, 07:39 PM »
got out for the first time today. Had a few hours around late morning and early afternoon. Fished on about two inches over wellington.

one flag turned into a twenty minute fight with a three pound bow.

first flag of the year, first fish and biggest bow ever for me. It was a great few hours.

I'll try to get a pic on.

be careful up that way ice is still thin and shore is real shaky.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Jan 09, 2011, 08:36 PM »
There's a difference between diehard and stupid lol. Caught nothing to boot. Bucky caught my rocketing bucket tho! Thanks for the warm up time, Bucky n Tippy and Jiggin n CH! Send pic of bobhouse, right Capt? :D

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Jan 09, 2011, 09:58 PM »
Great report.
Fished south end of Pikes Point Sat. morning and afternoon.Nothin. Gramps has 7to 10". Took the son skiing at Ragged for a few hours in between.  Nice having the season pass, you don't feel like you have to spend an entire day to get your moneys worth..  Had a few very close races down the mountain with the boy..  he won some, I won some.
Sun. morning fished out in front of cottage.  one large female Pickerel.  roughly 4 1/2lbs.  25" long.  30 seconds after setting up.  I thought game on..  thought is was goin to be a good day.. Only flag of the day.  Snow was covering the holes pretty quick, I built snow/ice berms a foot upwind of holes.  It worked pretty slick at keeping the holes clean.  I didn't want any atvs or snowmobiles to hit those things at night, so Mrs. Newfound bought me some driveway markers.  I put those up to mark the holes so no one goes for a ride hitting the berms.  All in all a good weekend.  Look forward to the fish getting active though..  Those that do bite, don't seem to be putting up much of a fight.
The Chatter was always fun to listen in on.  Sorry I didn't do more of it Sun., but was inside.

For all the guys that don't think women are tough, Guinea is the ice fishing Goddess.  Last one off the lake Sat. night and spent all day outside Sunday..
I bow at her feet.  :bow:  We're not worthy.  :bow:

We'll see you all next weekend.

Cheers,
NB

Offline dugmore29

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • New Hampshire Native
« Reply #79 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:30 AM »
Not enough time to put the house out on newfound yet, but it looks like next weekend ill atleast be fishing.  Had sunday off so decided to try out my new boots and other items before the trek out onto newfound. One of my cousins did get a chance to fish hornets cove though, but not for very long. didnt make it of the shore very far with only an inch and a half of ice, but he said he has the bragging rights to be the first one.So with that said the first chance i get (ice permitting) ill be giving it hell out in my cove.  GOOD LUCK everyone

Green Hornet
\"Since they call it tourist SEASON,why cant we shoot them?\"

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:42 AM »

The Chatter was always fun to listen in on.
Cheers,
NB
Except the part about "Newfound, your breakfast is ready."  ;)   Made me hungry, I had to go eat. ;D Can't wait to get the house out so I can have breakfast, lunch, and dinner out there. Not sure when or what time though. ;D

Capt. Black

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Jan 10, 2011, 04:03 PM »
just did a "drive-by" cummings...everyones house seems to be fine....
also did a "drive-by" camalot acres.....im going to check ice thicknes tomorrow afternoon there,
if anyone is interested ill be there around 4:00 p.m......

tipp'n

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #82 on: Jan 10, 2011, 05:26 PM »
I'll be getting Walter's bobhouse tomorrow night using Taint / 8x8's trailer and dropping it off at the Cummings. I think Fishog is helping me but not sure. I want to beat the snow storm coming in on Weds.

I'll be out there sometime. Be careful.

JIGGIN.

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #83 on: Jan 10, 2011, 06:18 PM »
I'll be getting Walter's bobhouse tomorrow night using Taint / 8x8's trailer and dropping it off at the Cummings. I think Fishog is helping me but not sure. I want to beat the snow storm coming in on Weds.

I'll be out there sometime. Be careful.

JIGGIN.
Gettin' some of those famous pickled beans, Jiggin'?
Clark Gable

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #84 on: Jan 10, 2011, 06:33 PM »
That's why I do it.
Actually, my favorite is the stuff red peppers with ham and cheese pickles. (Makes for a good turd.)

JIGGIN.

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Jan 10, 2011, 06:43 PM »
now that we have "taints'- cameltoe" service established.......
i would like to introduce to everyone "buck-tails" fire extinguish service....

IF IT GETS GETS TO HOT ON THE ICE HE'LL COOL IT DOWN!!...

you had to be there....lol

Offline SoCo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Jan 10, 2011, 06:52 PM »
 Going to give this a try....... I want to thank the boys from Groton for the big push off of Timber Loch into the Bay. It was rough going with all the ice that has formed with waves. We fished until dark on 3"+. Looking forward to next weekend. SoCo

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:03 PM »
Tippy..good 2 know your schedule...thanks lol. Newfie...it wasnt all day. FLETCH quit lurking and say hi. :D

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #88 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:34 PM »
i would like to introduce to everyone "buck-tails" fire extinguish service....

I forgot to mention that. I looked over and saw nothing but a big cloud of what I thought was smoke coming out of your house. And like a cheech and chong movie, I see the door open, smoke bellowing out and bucktail come out of the house carrying an extinguisher that was firing off.

Did you have a fire or was it bumped?

JIGGIN.

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Jan 10, 2011, 08:00 PM »
I forgot to mention that. I looked over and saw nothing but a big cloud of what I thought was smoke coming out of your house. And like a cheech and chong movie, I see the door open, smoke bellowing out and bucktail come out of the house carrying an extinguisher that was firing off.

Did you have a fire or was it bumped?

JIGGIN.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.