Author Topic: Dear Diary...By The Newfound Circus 2011  (Read 61372 times)

surflizard

Re: Dear Diary...By The Newfound Circus 2011
« Reply #30 on: Jan 03, 2011, 04:37 PM »
Thanks Guinea, I appreciate the info !  :thumbsup: Just curious, How does it work, Stalker, Stalkee, Stalket, Stalkering, I'm so confused, How in the world do you keep track of it  ??  :woot: :roflmao:

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #31 on: Jan 03, 2011, 04:46 PM »
Thanks Guinea, I appreciate the info !  :thumbsup: Just curious, How does it work, Stalker, Stalkee, Stalket, Stalkering, I'm so confused, How in the world do you keep track of it  ??  :woot: :roflmao:
She is an equal opportunity stalker.  >:D :woot:

Capt. Black

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #32 on: Jan 03, 2011, 04:51 PM »
I am just feathering my bed, if I come to see you guys I might need a place to sleep. awe sleeps over rated

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 03, 2011, 04:53 PM »
I am just feathering my bed, if I come to see you guys I might need a place to sleep. awe sleeps over rated
You've been warned. ;) Can't wait to hear her response.  :o

Capt. Black

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 03, 2011, 05:37 PM »
Tippy, at least you have a hot stalker! lol. It wasn't my intention to try to look good ...just needed apic of me fishin.! So that's why there were cute guys hanging around that day. :D Better get in line to be stalked, Art..but send pic of bobhouse. ;D
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 03, 2011, 05:39 PM »
  Art..but send pic of bobhouse. ;D
I thought that might be coming. :o

Capt. Black

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 03, 2011, 05:42 PM »
yes........be very very careful!!!!......hehe
Don't be jealous Tippy...you'll always be my favorite stalkee.. lol

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #37 on: Jan 03, 2011, 05:55 PM »
guinea I am taking a page from Bret Favre and sending you Pics too!! Just kidding Mods I don't wont to get banned.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:05 PM »
guinea I am taking a page from Bret Favre and sending you Pics too!! Just kidding Mods I don't to get banned.
Art, she said "bobhouse" picture. ;)

Capt. Black

surflizard

« Reply #39 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:09 PM »
WOW, I ain't seen BOOTS like that since high school, You go Guinea !!   :woot:  :roflmao: :roflmao:

P.S. Who's kitty ears did ya lop off ??  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #40 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:46 PM »
Don't be jealous Tippy...you'll always be my favorite stalkee.. lol

its ok.....stalk away!!!!!! :D :D :D
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 04, 2011, 11:41 AM »
Just went fishin at lunch time. Saw the same guy out there on a bucket that's been there every day in the same spot; the black bobhouse is still on it's side.

A couple of guys from one of the cottages was rolling a house through the parking spaces on 2" pipes. They had ladders set up to get across the beach.

No wind today. Stupid me came back to work.  ::)

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 04, 2011, 01:03 PM »
A couple of guys from one of the cottages was rolling a house through the parking spaces on 2" pipes. They had ladders set up to get across the beach.
What, no pictures? Seems like a nice day to be out there, at least through the windows at work. :'( :'(

Capt. Black

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 04, 2011, 04:55 PM »
Just went fishin at lunch time. Saw the same guy out there on a bucket that's been there every day in the same spot; the black bobhouse is still on it's side.

went to the lake to scout out a place for the bob-house.......talked to the guy on the bucket, and seemed like a nice fellow..
found my spot, and then checked the tipped over house. had sympathy for the guy.... ya know.....saw the name was from manchester, thought i outa just leave it be...
went over to check all the houses to see if they were mesed with...all were fine and checked the one that was "rolled" down the beach, and noticed no reflective tape....and no name...
thats when the owner of the new bob-house came from across the street, and asked me what i thought......it was a nice shanty, but this guy was .. :cookoo: :cookoo:...i think he was drinking since last new years eve...we got to talking about the tipped over house...he called the guy and said we would get it up right and will tie it down, and im thinking....we will??.....but pay it forward..... ive been there...ill be paying it back, or forward..
then the "guy on the bucket "came over...(he was a little tippy to)..he told us that an upright bob-house was wayyy more dangerous than one that was laying down...(he was right).....but this got the other guy going....and any-way, this situation was not the one i wanted to be in so i went to my truck got the auger...told the  :cookoo:... guy to get the rope and anchors...and i had to get outa there ...turned my 1/2 hour excursion into 1 1/2 hours...   

yeah im venting..........
                                                                .....tippin2back.

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:10 PM »
What a guy ! Hopefully it will come back around for you when its needed.
There must be a twelve step program for this

surflizard

« Reply #45 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:36 PM »
That is Outstanding, you could have walked away, But you didn't, You stayed and got it done !! I wish more people were like that ! Way to go tippin3back !  ;D

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:20 AM »
Nice job paying it forward Tippin. Pretty quiet on this thread. Who's fishing under the big top this weekend?

Capt. Black

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:22 AM »
Me...and NOT for salmon by the way.  ::)

Will you be up, Capt?

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:23 AM »
  :tipup: :icefish:

NB

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:26 AM »
Me...and NOT for salmon by the way.  ::)

Will you be up, Capt?
Yes, but I don't want to be associated with known criminals. I don't want the Green Ghost to give me guilt by association. ;D JK.LOL.

Capt. Black

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #50 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:26 AM »
I'll be there.

Thinking about pushing my house off the beach tonight, get it all set up for Friday night fishing. Tomorrow night is suppose to be alittle bit windy'er than tonight.

We'll see.

JIGGIN.

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #51 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:12 PM »
I've got a truck and trailer lined up to get my house up to the lake.  Would like to launch it late tomorrow (fri) afternoon, but I've got no one to help me load/unload.  Can anyone lend a hand?  I'll make it worth your while for sure!
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:21 PM »
Can anyone give me an idea on how much ice ? I'm thinking of putting my new (2nd) house out next weekend.
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #53 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:26 PM »
Can anyone give me an idea on how much ice ? I'm thinking of putting my new (2nd) house out next weekend.
There was 6-7 inches at the foot of the lake on Sunday.  There was 3-4 inches off Cummins on Sunday.  I'd would think there would be a couple more inches now from the cold nights we've been having.  If you launch off Cummins there was a large open hole off to the right about an acre big.  May not be good yet.  The dusting of snow is hiding it.  You should be ok if you stay to the left.
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:38 PM »
I worry about that thin spot, Huntr check ahead of every step b4 launching the house! I'm staying in Bristol after work 2morrow..fishin with Ladybug Saturday. Call my cell if you need a hand TF. 

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #55 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:43 PM »
I worry about that thin spot, Huntr check ahead of every step b4 launching the house! I'm staying in Bristol after work 2morrow..fishin with Ladybug Saturday. Call my cell if you need a hand TF. 

I'm worried about that spot too.  Might not be an issue of it stays cold for a couple more nights, but that area was open on Sunday and you can't really see it unless you get close.  During the midday on Sat I may take a break and mark that area with some branches or something.  I might take you up on that hand Guinea.  I just talked to my brother and he said he would help.
Clark Gable

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #56 on: Jan 06, 2011, 07:40 PM »
01/06/2011

Just got back from launching my house out further. Thanks Tippin for being my spotter.

I checked the ice off Cummings beach and there is 5 - 6" of ice out to the 1st buoy which is probably only 12 fow or so. I didn't check the depth. I went out to the "hole" area off of Cummings and there is only about 3/4 of a punch with my chisel. Not much. Didn't take a full punch to get through. You can kinda see it as a dark spot but with the snow coming, you wont. It's about 35 - 40 yards off shore.
My advise is to stay away from the Buoy right off of Cummings beach and not go past it unless you go north or south first (go around it). Zack pushed his house along the shore line of Cummings beach heading north and got around the "hole". Good job Zack attack.

I brought mine up from the foot of the lake north to about 1/2 way to Cummings beach. There was 7 - 8" of ice and used my wheeler. All set up and ready to fish tomorrow night. Candle lit dinner with cusk.

Right now the foot of the lake is the best place to launch a house. Most likely not the place to stay after this storm. Snow gets blown in that area pretty hard. Some big drifts at times.
Cummings beach will be hard to launch a house from until we get some snow for some cover.

Keep pushing north.

JIGGIN.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 06, 2011, 08:10 PM »
01/06/2011
 All set up and ready to fish tomorrow night.

JIGGIN.
Might be by to visit.

Capt. Black

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Jan 06, 2011, 08:36 PM »
me and buck-tail are launching friday morning at the foot of the lake....for our maiden voyage for 2011...hope get past
"cookoo-town"..(thats what i call it after my experiance the other day)...and getting up the lake just past jiggin, but more towards the east..then its fish....fish....fish.. ..till sunday evening.... ;D ;D ;D

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Jan 07, 2011, 03:38 AM »
NHTF I'll be around if you need a hand. Give a call on 5.5.

Capt. Black

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.