Author Topic: Dear Diary...By The Newfound Circus 2011  (Read 61375 times)

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
Dear Diary...By The Newfound Circus 2011
« on: Dec 29, 2010, 08:08 PM »
This thread is dedicated to those folks that ice fish Newfound Lake.

Giving it some thought, after re-reading my "Dear Diary by JIGGIN" and instead of doing a part 2....I realized it was really about the folks that ice fish Newfound lake, the camaraderie we share, friendships formed and the stories we all have to tell.
I currently have 78 names "handles" on the board of folks that participate on channel 5.5 in the fun we like to call the circus. It's not for kids. Period. It's for anyone that wants info, help, find someone, laugh, be laughed at or just be entertained. It's for fun so if your offended, turn it off or go to another channel. Pretty easy.

Please feel free to post pics, your stories and what have you here during our 2011 season from Newfound Lake and don't be afraid to holler out on the Motorola channel 5.5

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give to you, the Newfound Circus 2011. Let the madness begin!

Be safe, be helpful and pay it forward,
JIGGIN.

12/29/2010

I'll start it off. Today is day 3 before the 1st of the season.  Normally I would have my house out off of Cummings beach, jacked up & tied down with no holes cut underneath. Most likely there would of been a few of us for the launching. Today I checked Cummings and there is a huge water hole where we would normally put our houses. I'm gonna give it a couple of days. Don't like the idea of launching at the foot of the lake (snow build up) or gramps but might have to.
House is on Fishog's trailer all tied down and ready to go.

JIGGIN.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Dear Dairy...By The Newfound Circus 2011
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2010, 08:27 PM »
I saw the big hole too...ewww. BTW, dear dairy is where you get milk. I understand the Freudian slip coming from you, though. :D
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2010, 09:55 PM »
I saw the big hole too...ewww. BTW, dear dairy is where you get milk. I understand the Freudian slip coming from you, though. :D

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2010, 03:59 AM »

hahahaha!!....its already started!!...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2010, 05:58 AM »
He must have meant the udder one. ;D ;) Either that or he's opening an ice cream stand.

Capt. Black

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2010, 06:49 AM »
I think I am going to hold off putting my house out for now.  The area off Cummins looks too sketchy at this point.  Not only the big hole but the shore area looks pretty funky with the water blowing down.  I'll be checking it out later on this afternoon and report. 
Going to get my fishing license today and gas up the auger.  I will be out there somewhere chasing the bows and lakers.
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2010, 05:07 PM »
Yeah, see you guys on the 8th...I hope!...I'll be somewhere less scary on the first!

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2010, 05:48 PM »
Yeah, see you guys on the 8th...I hope!...I'll be somewhere less scary on the first!
Hope for the 8th but........... >:(

Capt. Black

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2010, 06:05 PM »
You'll be there Capt..you're welcome at my borrowed portable. :D

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Dear Diary...By The Newfound Circus 2011
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2010, 08:13 PM »
Jiggin, you were on this site. No comment? Sally. :D

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2010, 06:23 PM »
12/31/2010

Fished this morning by myself, conditions were bad. 10+" of snow and as soon as you cut a hole, water came rushing up creating a snow slush mess. Very hard getting around, thank god for the snowmobile otherwise would of never pulled the portable. Got nothing today.

When I got back around noon, Laker Taker put his house out at the foot of the lake on Newfound. 8" of black ice and the snow ice as thicker. Went home, loaded the trailer with my bob house onto the truck and off I went. Funny the looks I get towing the bobhouse through town. Alot of people pointing and quite a few smiles. Backed down the beach and loaded the house right onto the ice. Nice and easy. Pushed it out to 22 fow.

Checked out Laker Takers underwater camera and bottom looked to be good. He saw 2 lakers swim by with one having white fins.

Got my house jacked up, tied down and had dinner (steak tips). Just as I was done, 3 women were venturing out to see the house. It took me a while to convince them there was enough ice to hold them up. They finally got up enough courage to venture out and got about half way to the house.  That's when Bald Eagle showed up. When I hollered for him to come out, he hollered back from shore "screw that, not enough ice". The 3 women turned around and immediately left the ice thinking it wasn't safe. Bald Eagle is a dumba$$. He came out in his sneakers.

Guinea and Newfound Blood Hound showed up for a New Years celebration. Guinea wore high heels out with her chisel (you looked great Guinea, but you dont need to dress up for me) and Newfound Blood Hound showed up with a nice smooth bottle of Johnny Walker. Great night, no winds, lots of stars and good company. Thanks guys for coming out and visiting....except you Bald Eagle, stay away....kidding kinda.

Anyways, all set up and ready to go in the morning.

Have a safe and happy new years!

JIGGIN.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2010, 07:44 PM »
So it begins. Happy New Year to all.

Capt. Black

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2011, 05:11 AM »
I'm on my way. Wearing sensible boots this time. Ready to dance, Newfie?

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2011, 10:41 AM »
Ready to dance, Newfie?
He better be after all the ballet lesson's. ;D Hope to venture out and join the circus next week.

Capt. Black

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 01, 2011, 05:45 PM »
01/01/2011

Very calm day today. Felt like a late March fishing day. If you sat on a bucket you got a sun burn for sure.

CH joined me later in the day. Had eggs / bacon for breakfast and grilled steak for dinner.

Saw 1 rainbow and a couple of lakers on camera. Got nothing though. Laker Taker got 1 laker and 1 rainbow.

Guinea and crew fished today and had a few visitors. We had a van pull up next to the open water, river and about 5 kids jumped out screaming and hollering, then jumped into the water. I was doing the "flying W" saying **censored**?!? Laughing and cheering, jumped back into the van and off they went. Crazy kids but full of life.
Had a woman come out and interview Guinea and crew, then came over to me and CH. Interview us and took pics of the bobhouse for the local paper. She asked alot of questions about ice fishing and I gave her a tour of the house. She wasn't sure if she could use alot of the pics of the house she took for the paper.

Beerhog and 8X8 managed to unload his house onto the lake and land the house on it's side. Tipped it up right using the truck. No damage which is good.

1iceman and Trout freak came out and visited for a bit. Guess they did alright too. The Jonez family stopped by and Shawn was home on Military holiday leave. Great to see him and Thank you Shawn for your service.
Tippin2 stopped by too later in the evening. At the end of the day, pushed the houses onto shore due to the weather forecast. Will push it back out in the morning.

There's always something going on ice fishing. Funny too. It's only the 1st day of the season.

JIGGIN.

Laker Taker's 1st rainbow of the season from Newfound.

He wanted to have a pic showing his house. Same rainbow.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 01, 2011, 05:55 PM »
Hey Jiggin,

Glad to hear the crew had a good day out there for the 1st trip of the season. Congrats to LT on the Rainbow, good looking fish  ;) Hopefully I'll be able to go see the "circus" at some point this season. Hope you all have a Great 2011! NHTF  ;)

Offline Swampdonkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Can't catch em from the couch.
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2011, 06:02 PM »
Cockin fish. You boys do it up right!

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 01, 2011, 06:06 PM »
Happy New Year JIGGIN. how does it feel to be on your home ice? It was a great day for us on Winnisquam. nice weather kind of fools you though.

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 01, 2011, 06:15 PM »
house looks good laker-taker.....like the "night lights"....but ummmmm......is that pink?

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 01, 2011, 06:23 PM »
buck-tail and i hit another local b.o.w.......chased flags all day even though they were yellow perch it was fun..
at the end of the day one of my tip-ups had a small yellow perch on it, but a large pickeral latched onto it.
it didnt let go untill it got to the hole, and i reached down grabbed it, and through it away from hole it was
20"- plus inches long.....

hopefully we will be launching onto newfound this friday......cant wait!!!!

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 02, 2011, 07:31 AM »
What? nobody mentioned my 18" perch? At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;D

It was a great first day. I got a 14 y.o. kid out and we were there from sunup to almost sundown. He didn't catch anything, but he stuck it out!

I'll be out soon. Lazy day and I got ahold of a laptop.

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 02, 2011, 09:18 AM »
I wish I had brought my cell phone onto the ice to video a kid pulling in a fatty 4+ lb. Salmon. Next time.
It was the only 'hook up' for the day.  Had a 15-16" rainbow take my shiner a few times and spit it out.  Watched him down the hole in 2' of water for a few seconds before it went away.  Only action of the day.
They may be few and far between, but there are Salmon.

NB

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 02, 2011, 07:20 PM »
01/02/2011

Pushed my house back out just beyond the spot where it was yesterday. Got all set up and saw 1 laker zip by. Very quite calm day. Warm and wet ice. 1iceman, Troutfreak, Laker Taker, Slimey, Beerhog and Guinea fished today.

Had a few more visitors today, 8x8's family came out and Guinea gave some guy from Texas a tour of my house. CH and I had breakfast and was planning to grill something for dinner but Laker Taker brought his ATV out to pull the houses back to shore. Beats pushing it back in. Gonna leave them on shore this week and push them out next weekend.

Went home to watch the game.

JIGGIN.

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 02, 2011, 07:40 PM »
see ya next friday!!!!

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #24 on: Jan 03, 2011, 05:08 AM »
1/1/11-1/2/11

Fished w/ Maggot and 1iceman on 1/1.  Managed the one laker in the picture.  Nailed him right through the beak with a bucktail and sucker meat in about 28 FOW.  Had a couple of other hits.  Had a flag in 1 FOW with a redfin shiner.  When I got there to pull it up, whatever grabbed it ran for about six feet and ate the head off the shiner.

Fished again in a different spot with Maggot and 1iceman til about 11 or so.  Only saw one laker on the camera.  No hits=No fish.  Very slow.  Stopped and visited Lakertaker, Slimey, CH, Guinea and Jiggin.  I didn't get my house out, but hopefully will get it out for the upcoming weekend.

"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

surflizard

« Reply #25 on: Jan 03, 2011, 05:36 AM »
Way to go Newfound Crew, Glad to see the Circus unfurl the Big Top ! :thumbsup: Can someone give me the NF Derby Dates ? I gave a Blood Sacrifice to the Fish Gods Saturday, so it should be a good season !  :woot: :roflmao:

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:56 AM »
W/E of the 27th, I believe. The pamphlets are out....

BTW, who is 1Iceman? I saw Troutfreak and Taint together, but that was it....   ;)

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #27 on: Jan 03, 2011, 03:29 PM »
Guinea   I love your new avatar. you are smoking HOT!!!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 03, 2011, 03:31 PM »
Guinea   I love your new avatar. you are smoking HOT!!!

Careful Art.....she is known to suffer from stalking tendencies!

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 03, 2011, 04:17 PM »
yes........be very very careful!!!!......hehe

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.