Author Topic: 2nd NH - North Outing UPDATED: JANUARY 15TH AND 16TH  (Read 16781 times)

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Anyone up for a second outing in the north country this winter? I know it is early and I know we missed last year, but who is up for it?

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2nd NH - North Outing
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2010, 01:17 PM »
29 people have read this and not even a maybe?

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Hey Ben,

You know I'll be there ;) But.... I think you're jusssssssst a litttttle too early to be thinking about ice right now ::)

Offline Relheok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Swamp Yankee
« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2010, 09:57 PM »
110% count me in, just set the date early so I can request the days off from work!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 2010, 07:54 AM »
Hey Ben,

You know I'll be there ;) But.... I think you're jusssssssst a litttttle too early to be thinking about ice right now ::)

You soft water guys are sissies! LOL! Just kidding.  I gave you a taste of what the north country can be like. 25 mph winds and a -25* start to the morning......it takes real fisherman to handle that!

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2010, 04:12 PM »
Hey I'd come but i would be in VT ice fishing or here.

Offline icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jun 10, 2010, 07:48 AM »
just got a new PC so I'm back on line lol healths getting better if it stays good I'm in i go to tall timbers at least twice a winter so why not fish

surflizard

« Reply #7 on: Jun 12, 2010, 05:27 AM »
Sign us up DD, LLT and myself will be there! Whats the game plan ?

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jun 13, 2010, 08:17 PM »
Sign us up DD, LLT and myself will be there! Whats the game plan ?

Well for the most part....the plan is.........just show up and fish!

The year before last I organized a get together on the 1st Lake that had about 20 people show up. People found their own places to stay and we attempted to give it hell on a Saturday morning. The weather was -26 at daybreak and 25+mph winds. We gave it what we could and many people called it a day around 9am. We then went "camp hopping meeting everyone we could. Many brought food enough for an army but we did not make it until lunch.

This year, I plan on having an 8x12 out there on the lake and a couple of portables. 

The only weekend I won't be available (that I know of) is the 8th and 9th of Jan. (yes there genereally is safe ice on the 1st weekend of the season up here) as I will be at the Rockingham Expo with NH Troutfisherman and Laine.

Other than that, I guess we shoud plan as we go. I would recomend Spruce Cones for lodging as they have a pretty big motel that is pet friendly and VERY reasonable.

surflizard

« Reply #9 on: Jun 14, 2010, 07:47 AM »
Sounds good DD, we will be ready. Vals excited about the plan and she's looking forward to visiting with Gary and Doris, and so am I !  :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline sweet lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • go deep or go home.
« Reply #10 on: Jul 20, 2010, 03:32 PM »
hey dd i can prob. make it have my own place to stay may have some extra room when the time comes going to build a large double wide this year for the first.pretty well done with winni now going to spend alot more time up north this year.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jul 22, 2010, 10:11 AM »
hey dd i can prob. make it have my own place to stay may have some extra room when the time comes going to build a large double wide this year for the first.pretty well done with winni now going to spend alot more time up north this year.

where are you building?

Offline sweet lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • go deep or go home.
« Reply #12 on: Aug 01, 2010, 06:44 PM »
hey dd i have a place on the backside of backlake sorry i didn't get back sooner dreaded four letter word [work] I've been there for 11 years now. above the parallel is the only place for me.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Aug 02, 2010, 12:59 PM »
hey dd i have a place on the backside of backlake sorry i didn't get back sooner dreaded four letter word [work] I've been there for 11 years now. above the parallel is the only place for me.

Ah work!   My aunt owns The Glen and my place is the red one on the corner of Varney and Rt 3

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #14 on: Aug 04, 2010, 09:30 AM »
Ah work!   My aunt owns The Glen and my place is the red one on the corner of Varney and Rt 3
DD,
Been by there many times. We used to stay with Doug and Linda, at Metallic, for so many years we were almost family. LOL

Capt. Black

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Aug 04, 2010, 09:34 AM »
I am 1 hr away from camp now so there are not so many overnights anymore.  :'(

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Aug 09, 2010, 12:05 PM »
I will try to be there . If I survived the last artic air outing  I should be able to handle anything. Besides It was so cold last time I didn't get to meet anyone.
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Aug 09, 2010, 12:08 PM »
I will try to be there . If I survived the last artic air outing  I should be able to handle anything. Besides It was so cold last time I didn't get to meet anyone.

-*26 at daylight with a 25mph north wind.....It was a bit chilly wasn't it!

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Aug 09, 2010, 06:38 PM »
Thats an understatement. The group of three guys I was with hung tight until the end. One guy spent most of the day outside in the sub zero cold. He was definetly the winner except he complained on the  two hour ride home of frostbite to his fingers and he wasn't kidding !!!!
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline Relheok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Swamp Yankee
« Reply #19 on: Aug 26, 2010, 12:36 PM »
I am ready for it, can't wait for Ice season. Granted we have Salmon/Steelhead coming up, then birds, coons, and deer first. haha

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Sep 19, 2010, 06:09 AM »
Looking at the calendar:

January 15th and 16th and the 22nd and 23rd look promising as the big lake is frozen by then. Does anyone have other suggestions?

surflizard

« Reply #21 on: Sep 19, 2010, 02:21 PM »
We can make that work !

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Sep 19, 2010, 06:58 PM »
We can make that work !

Sounds good!

Offline rockhound57

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Sep 20, 2010, 12:59 PM »
 ;) looking forward to it, Tom  :icefish:
      live free or die in NH, fish western ME

Offline masspike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Sep 25, 2010, 06:36 PM »
i think i may come up for this i fish pittsburg in the spring and fall every year..my parents live in littleton nh,so the ride wont be to bad....anything is better than 4.5 hour ride i would have to take if i didnt stay over at their house
a bad day of fishing....is better than a good day @ work

lael19533

« Reply #25 on: Oct 09, 2010, 09:50 AM »
Hey Ben,

NEVER too early to plan for Hardwater fishing!I was doing that in JUNE!!!!!!!!Count us in DoubleD! :icefish: :icefish: :clap:

lael19533

« Reply #26 on: Oct 09, 2010, 09:52 AM »
Well for the most part....the plan is.........just show up and fish!

The year before last I organized a get together on the 1st Lake that had about 20 people show up. People found their own places to stay and we attempted to give it hell on a Saturday morning. The weather was -26 at daybreak and 25+mph winds. We gave it what we could and many people called it a day around 9am. We then went "camp hopping meeting everyone we could. Many brought food enough for an army but we did not make it until lunch.

This year, I plan on having an 8x12 out there on the lake and a couple of portables. 

The only weekend I won't be available (that I know of) is the 8th and 9th of Jan. (yes there genereally is safe ice on the 1st weekend of the season up here) as I will be at the Rockingham Expo with NH Troutfisherman and Laine.

Other than that, I guess we shoud plan as we go. I would recomend Spruce Cones for lodging as they have a pretty big motel that is pet friendly and VERY reasonable.

Spruce Cone is awsome...and Dick and Doris are great.Doris makes some real good fish cakes iffen ya show up at the right time,too!Yummy!

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Oct 10, 2010, 09:56 AM »
is there a firm date?

surflizard

« Reply #28 on: Oct 10, 2010, 12:03 PM »
Looking at the calendar:

January 15th and 16th and the 22nd and 23rd look promising as the big lake is frozen by then. Does anyone have other suggestions?
Some of the dates that are suggested ?  ;D

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Oct 17, 2010, 07:32 PM »
is there fishable ice by new years day?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.