Author Topic: Spider Wire??? any good  (Read 8015 times)

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re:Spider Wire??? any good
« Reply #30 on: Jan 08, 2004, 11:43 AM »
I use #14  for spinnerbait& bassin
use#6  walleye jiggin

Ice fireline

hop
e this helps you

Steve
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline ojib2003

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 08, 2004, 04:03 PM »
I got the Spiderwire Stealth last year and absolutely loved it. I highly recommend it. never noticed a diff between fish seeing the line more then mono at all.......what was nice bout it was that it had 30lb strength with 6lb diameter.....i never worried bout a fish breakin off at all. i fish it with more confidence then any other line ive ever had....and u all know how much confidence counts!

Offline Jigmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If you ain't jigging you ain't fishin'
« Reply #32 on: Jan 08, 2004, 04:19 PM »
I've used it for years on my polars and I have no complaints. Watch out for your knots and slippage on the reel.

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #33 on: Jan 09, 2004, 06:30 PM »
I think that crap is junk. My buddy uses it in during the warm weather months. Tells me it is 20 lb. test with the diameter of 8. You might as well try to hook your fish with a cable and winch. No skill invovled! And then, I also had a very bad incident with that crap and my electric trolling motor, with the same friend! No sir, I don't like it!
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

evad

« Reply #34 on: Jan 10, 2004, 11:51 AM »
I use fireline and I love it you do have to start your spool with a couple yards of mono to keep it from spinning on the spool. Never had a problem wth fish seeing it and I fish some super clear water seems to me that flourocarbon and mono have to much memory for me only problem Ive had is wearing grooves in my top eye on the rod, doesnt seem to matter what kind of tip you use    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.