The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Truth to Reports???  (Read 2966 times)

Offline delfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and release 247
Re: Truth to Reports???
« Reply #30 on: Mar 04, 2014, 10:22 AM »
 I have no reason to lie, Everything is catch and release so i'm not trying to hide a meat hole from anyone. With ice fishermen it seems like most dont hold back anyway and as was posted, its not like you cant see where the action is on the ice when your out on a good day  ;D :tipup:
There's nothing better in life then being outside on a cold winter day hanging around with a bunch of icehole's

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Mar 04, 2014, 11:44 AM »
liar liar pants on fire

GOOD ONE BROTHER.LMAO.

Offline waitara

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Mar 04, 2014, 01:34 PM »
Buddy and I were out Flounder fishing one summer.   As we were loading the boat on the trailer a guy going out asked "how'd ya do?"   Being a pretty congenial guy and proud of our catch I started spilling numbers:   "Fourteen keepers and thirty or more throw backs"         My buddy (an old-timer and general grump)  lectured me -  "NEVER say how you did. Just tell them 'not bad' and move on."

I'm new to ice fishing and new to the forum (this is Post #1 of my 3 before I can POST my report)  so I sure appreciate any tips so I can actually catch a fish. (haven't yet, after 3 times out)       "Near the dam" or "about a hundred yards out from the boat ramp" would be great news.  But I'm happy with just knowing that most folks on a certain lake caught fish with a certain type of bait/lure.

I understand not wanting to give up good information, but there's no point in lying.     When I get unlocked and able to write reports the fishing information will be factual but maybe a bit vague.   ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.