Author Topic: The warmest ice fishing boots  (Read 55373 times)

Offline tomevee

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: The warmest ice fishing boots
« Reply #120 on: Jan 14, 2006, 08:04 PM »
lacroose ice man

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #121 on: Jan 16, 2006, 08:00 AM »
this is a little off subject, but my buddy just came in town to go ice fishing with us and he was wearing a pair of rocky 1,000 gram boots. i told him he may want to wear his 1,000 gram lacross boots because the ice was sloppy and had alot of water on top. he said dont worry i got it covered and pulled out a pair of rubber boots that go over his regular boots that he was issued while working on the railroad. not only were these boots a thick rubber that fit over any boots his size but they had little metal cleats built into the bottom. i thought these were cool because you could own 1 pair of good insulated work or hunting boots then on wet sloppy days toss these on over top. has anyone ever used these rubbers or seen them?

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #122 on: Jan 16, 2006, 01:19 PM »
Archbishop,
No need for anything additional to keep the water or slop off of the LaCrosse Extreme PFT's
Well maybe a cleat or two....

Offline RIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • the tank!!!
« Reply #123 on: Jan 16, 2006, 02:25 PM »
rocky  snow stalker extreme's
How are the edges ?

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #124 on: Jan 18, 2006, 09:00 AM »
Archbishop,
No need for anything additional to keep the water or slop off of the LaCrosse Extreme PFT's
Well maybe a cleat or two....

yeah, i wear the lacross 1,000 gram alpha rubber boot with felt lining, but for those days when your going for a bit from work these would come in handy over you work boot, plus with the metal cleats built right in, man you cant beat that. or for those that cannot afford a $150 boot these would come in real handy, extra insulation, waterproof, cleated, and fit right over any boot you already have, cant beat that. :tipup:

Offline falbinki

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #125 on: Jan 20, 2006, 09:45 PM »
i own a pair of baffin advanced.....baffin.co m... great boots keep your feet very warm,rated for -94 degrees  only problem i ever had is my right foot getting wet from clearing holes after i drill a bunch. they definately are not totally water proof. but very warm if you don't get them wet from clearing holes.fished in -24 for 3 days with just a regular pair of socks on and my feet never got cold once. they definately get my 2 thumbs up

Offline dancingminnow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #126 on: Jan 21, 2006, 10:49 PM »
9 pages about foot wear "wow".  im in the wrong business.   i will find out were they came from arch. gortex will where out.  it will it will.  thats why its breathable, tiny pores get bigger.  i speak from experience.  i have worn gortex for 10 years.  every pair of boots i have bought with it eventualy become "semi" water resistent. just dont want anybody to buy them thinking that if they spend big bucks they will last forever.  the best thing is clean dry feet and a decent boot with decent socks and a pair of decent socks to back those up.
IM OUTA HOOKS.  CAN I USE THAT ONE ON THE BRIM OF YOUR HAT?

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #127 on: Jan 22, 2006, 09:53 AM »
hey dancingminnow, change your profile, your not from here no more you dang southerner ;D

yeah find out who makes those boots, and cost if you can. :tipup:

Offline oldken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #128 on: Mar 17, 2006, 07:04 PM »
i wear lacross ice mans the ones made in the u.s. i don't know how good the ones are that are made in china u.s. ones warmest ever spray the uppers with camp dri and they are water proof

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #129 on: Sep 23, 2006, 02:17 PM »
Hands down- military surplus Bunny Boots.  Waterproof, breathable, and WARM-WARM-WARM!!!

Icy Mike

Offline molsonport

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #130 on: Sep 24, 2006, 03:36 PM »
kamik, 16" rubber boots rated for -70 hope i don't have to find out if they are right, but feet stay warm and dry.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.