Author Topic: Need your Prayers!  (Read 15929 times)

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
Need your Prayers!
« on: Dec 09, 2003, 12:42 AM »
  My best friend and fishing partner was in a serious vehicle accident late last night. He was on his way home from a dart tourney about midnight when he swerved to miss 2 deer on the road and lost control of his suburban. He was not found till 6:30 this morning when a St. Patrolman noticed black marks on the road that weren't there yesterday. He ventured down the ditch and into the field where he found the wreckage. They don't know how he lived. They thought it was a pick-up at 1st. They guessed that he rolled 7-8 times and was found about 50 yds off the highway. They said if he would of had his seat belt on, it may have been worse. He was taken to the local hospital where they ended up flying him to Wichita, KS. He seriously injured both legs from the knee down. Thank god it was cold last night, he had major open wounds below his knees and the cold helped keep the blood loss down. He was out there for approx. 6-7 hours before he was found. He had surgery to place pins and rods in his legs(just hope they don't get infected). He is a very strong person and will make a full recovery I'm sure. He is married with 5 kids. So if all you good folks here could send a few words upstairs for him, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Greg

OH NO, I have Jig-a-nitis!  Very deadly disease!!!

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
Re:Need your Prayers!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2003, 01:50 AM »
this goatboy will gladly honor your request. good luck to him.
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline chrism

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2003, 02:14 AM »
Done...
hopefully the pins and rods will work - they're pretty strong and if he doesn't get an infection he should be fishing before spring's out...
Now he only has 8 lives left!
And a pat on the back to the officer that had the smarts to look.
chrism

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
Sure Thing Brother
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2003, 03:16 AM »
You bet I will say some prayers for him. I hope he regains all the use in his legs and is able to love his fishing and outdoors again. It would be awful to lose that in life.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline g3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • life is good!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2003, 03:40 AM »
big time prayers going out to him and his family form here in pa.keep us posted on how he is doing.

ak iceman

« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2003, 03:44 AM »
  are prayers are wih you and your friends family in this hour of need.hope that your friend is able to come home real soon.

Offline hardwater Rick

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • THROW THE SMALL ONES BACK!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2003, 05:18 AM »
greg
            my prayers are with him and his family,
he will pull thru fine, he has friends like you there for him. thank god for the trooper.
                                             Rick

Offline bud

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • never put off till tom. what you can catch today!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2003, 05:51 AM »
very lucky guy....to be alive and to have a friend like you......the best to him!
BUD

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #8 on: Dec 09, 2003, 06:06 AM »
Greg, prayers are on the way. They are a very powerful healing tool and I have no doubt that your friend will be back tossing some 'tons" and bullseyes again real soon
Pete Lewis

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2003, 06:30 AM »
Greg
From all of us prayers are on the way. He already had one ansewered. with the officer finding him. The family will need a lot of support through all this and a prayer for them will be needed also. When you get to see him tell him were all pulling for him to have a fast recovery.
Cold Feet

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2003, 06:39 AM »
My prayers go out to him and his family. Here's wishing for a full and speedy recovery!!!  
Ken                                          

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2003, 06:54 AM »
My family and I wish him well soon...

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 09, 2003, 07:15 AM »
The Goatboys of Mass. send him our thoughts and prayers.

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 09, 2003, 07:45 AM »
Our family will include him in our prayers.
FTD

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 09, 2003, 07:46 AM »
Thoughts and prayer for your friend.  I'm just gald he is still alive.  
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

missfishylicious

« Reply #15 on: Dec 09, 2003, 07:56 AM »
my thoughts and prayers are with him he'll have a long recovery just keep assureing him that he'll be good as new IM me his address or the hospitals with his name I'd like to send a card to cheer him up  ;)

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 09, 2003, 09:01 AM »
I am calling him today in hopes of getting to talk to him.  I will get the hospital address then.  Right now  Ionly have a phone #.

Thanks guys&gals,

Greg

OH NO, I have Jig-a-nitis!  Very deadly disease!!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #17 on: Dec 09, 2003, 09:13 AM »
our prayers for a speedy recovery-with a friend like you he'll be doing  :'( fine soon

Jam_Jam

« Reply #18 on: Dec 09, 2003, 09:31 AM »
Wish your friend the best from up in Kanada...thoughts are with him!  May he be fishin' again real soon.  

Fishmon

« Reply #19 on: Dec 09, 2003, 11:05 AM »
Thank God for the policeman who was observant enough to check this out.  Your friend must be a very strong willed individual to survive the ordeal and I am sure he will do fine with the recovery.  Post his e-mail so we can send him our best wishes and hopefully some good pictures of the monsters of the deep we will surely catch this winter.

Reelinrolly

« Reply #20 on: Dec 09, 2003, 11:23 AM »
Got my prayers for sure....hope your friend has a speedy recovery!!!!

slacker

« Reply #21 on: Dec 09, 2003, 01:40 PM »
Greg, thoughts and prayers for your fishing bud, I had a tib-fib compound fracture, had me in rehab couple days after. and in was painful,(hurts just thinking about.) any ways had two infections in which took awhile to get rid of. had the rod and screws removed and a bone graph from the hip put in my leg. Was laid up for a year. Now its been ten years and the leg has never given me any troubles.( cant even tell i broken badly expect the scar.) He sounds like hes got the will to a full recovery.  be on the ice and darts in no time. take care Gregs friend. I would like to send a card. If you could let me know were.                                                                                                     p.k.

diehard77

« Reply #22 on: Dec 09, 2003, 02:08 PM »
Another prayer will be sent out for your buddy tonight. I'm glad to hear that he is alive and well. God is obviously watching out for him if he survived the wreck and was found in time by a very observant and miracle working patrolman. May he have the best of luck in recovering!!!

Bobby, AKA Diehard

Jam_Jam

« Reply #23 on: Dec 09, 2003, 02:11 PM »
I got my leg badly crushed in a machine at work and had the tib-fib compound too.  That was back in '91 and I'm just fine now with no ill effects.  I'm sure your buddy will do great with all these prayers.  He's already shown he's one tough dude!

Offline Fishinut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig-A-Man Jigs!
« Reply #24 on: Dec 09, 2003, 02:29 PM »
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend. Hang in there bud. I wish him a speedy recovery.
Many are cold, but few are frozen

PinTail1955

« Reply #25 on: Dec 09, 2003, 03:00 PM »
My prayers are with you and him, If he has a strong will he will be ok :)

Lyle

Offline olds-Pa

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #26 on: Dec 09, 2003, 03:26 PM »
It's a done deal on the prayers from western Pennsylvania. With a great bunch of people pulling for your friend from this site, he will be out and about in no time. Sincere thanks to the officer that had the heads up to check.                                                                  
                                                                                  Olds-pa

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Have a Real CRAPPIE Day!!!!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 09, 2003, 03:32 PM »
 Greg,
        On behalf of all the icefisherman on this forum, I would like to say a prayer for your friend.
          Heavenly Father, I would like to thank you first of all for being there for Greg's friend and for sending that patrolman to find him. We all pray together right now that you will help this young man heal from his injuries and be with Greg and the family. We know you are the great physician and we are so grateful for all that you do and have done in our lives. We just give you all the praise and glory,right now. In the precious name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,we pray. Amen and Amen!
                      Lord Be With You,
                      Preacher man  :'(
TEAM  PA.

diehard77

« Reply #28 on: Dec 09, 2003, 03:52 PM »
That was very nice Preacher man! It's nice to see this much support from everyone.

Offline 0514

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #29 on: Dec 09, 2003, 03:59 PM »
Done, Amen.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.