Author Topic: I'm out  (Read 1889 times)

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm out
« on: Jan 19, 2020, 08:22 AM »
I'm over this weather,  got to stop staring at these ice fishing pages for a while.  Can't hardly believe (not sure why) we finally get some cold and now they revise the extended forecast back up.  Thought I would be on Indiana ice this week.  Grrrrrr

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: I'm out
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2020, 10:46 AM »
I'm over this weather,  got to stop staring at these ice fishing pages for a while.  Can't hardly believe (not sure why) we finally get some cold and now they revise the extended forecast back up.  Thought I would be on Indiana ice this week.  Grrrrrr
Go to church today, and leave a bundle in the collection basket. THEN PRAY.....

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2020, 03:51 PM »
Just get in the truck and drive if you wanna ice fish ! That’s what we’ve been doing.
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline rivereddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2020, 06:02 PM »
It was rippin' cold last night in Indy...12 deg, but the wind blew too hard
for ponds to even skim over. I drove up to noblesville for the sport show end all
of the roadside ponds/lakes were still open..

fish on

rivereddy

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2020, 09:33 PM »
was 4 when I got up this morning.  I still haven't got my bucket out yet though. ;D  I can except that we mite not get ice.  but I haven't ruled it out yet.  February could be a big freeze yet!

real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2020, 12:56 AM »
Pretty calm and 8 degrees here and hoping for the best! Hex

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2020, 05:26 AM »
She's making ice now. Won't be enough for me but if I were younger I would find some by weds. Still plenty of time for my good ice. I did fish four days in December which helped my addiction but I'm ready for another fix. I don't like fishing small private ponds. Too much like catching some ones pets. I like alittle challenge.   

Offline SK8TNPIGEZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2020, 08:07 AM »
Some ponds out of the wind locked up around NE Indy but won’t be enough with Wednesday temps.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2020, 08:43 AM »
I'll give it another couple weeks but if it doesn't get safe here I think i'll make a long weekend road trip somewhere up north. It doesn't make much difference to me if I'm on ice or from shore or boat but I need to be fishing somewhere in a couple weeks or I get the shakes.

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2020, 09:35 AM »
I took a load of corn from lake village down to Lafayette this morning and every bit of water east and west side of i-65 was locked up this morning my 10-day forecast doesn't mean much but at least at night it supposed to get below freezing and it's not supposed to get to 40 degrees until this coming Saturday in my opinion I wouldn't think all of this should stay locked up with the temps that they're calling for during the day and if we do lose anyting it should lock back up at night as long as we don't get a bunch of snow hopefully we'll get another cold snap within the next two weeks and we can put some inches on to what we have capped over now

Offline CWlake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2020, 12:53 PM »
If you know the good first ice locations in the NE corner of the state, there is currently 3" of ice. That will be 4" in another day.

Offline trophytaker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2020, 05:09 PM »
I made it out today. 2.5 inches of ice.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2020, 06:28 PM »
If you know the good first ice locations in the NE corner of the state, there is currently 3" of ice. That will be 4" in another day.

Thanks for the encouragement,  worked today and tried to get my mind off of it.  Tomorrow I will venture north for a little run!  Got to drop it down a hole.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.