The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Ice fishing still on!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1598 times)

perchman83

Ice fishing still on!!!!!!!!!!
« on: Feb 24, 2008, 05:11 PM »
Went out today and caught a ton of pike. But what really suprised me was the amount of ice out there. Thank god we had a power auger we were fishing on about 20 inches of ice. I think we will be fishing till april up here. How is the ice everywhere else and how is the fishing?  :thumbsup:

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
Re: Ice fishing still on!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2008, 06:41 PM »
Right around a foot here in SE Michigan. The fishing is defiinitly picking up. Been doing fair on Crappie, no numbers, but nice size, and the pike are getting really aggreassive the last couple of days.
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline MnSportsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Striper/White Bass, 3+lbs, Put back down the hole
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I'm in Mich, by Lansing right now & the lakes we've been on have had 10-12" of decent ice so far.   In Mn. where I live, many would be driving small cars on the lake. But, not me. I want 12 plus before I'd drive on it. 
We have caught N. Pike, Perch & a LMBass, in the few  hours we've been out fishing. other things came up. So, unfortunately, I haven't been out as much as I'd like to have on this trip... :(  Maybe next time.:).

- My Best Hunting & Fishing partner..... 21,Jan.98 - 8,May.07......RIP... We'll be together again.... 

Good Luck!! &  "Watch Your Bobber!"

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2008, 09:31 PM »
all lakes i have been on the past week are sitting good at 13+.  fishes lake orion today and had 14 inches of that hard stuff.  caught a 14-inch eye to show for that was it.
when fisherman fish alone, do they really catch fish??

Offline zwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2008, 09:11 AM »
When I was last on Upper Hamlin (2/11/08) I would say it had around the 18" mark for ice.  Not fun with the manual auger.  Crystal Lake in Benzie I would say was about 12".  Another little lake in Mason county I like to fish once in a while this week end had poor ice.  It was about 12" to bottom but it was three different laywers of ice that was mostly the snow ice.  Safe, but won't take much to melt.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Still a lot of real good ice everywhere. At least a couple good weekends worth before we have to start searching for last ice.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline waltergill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2008, 10:37 AM »
Still a lot of real good ice everywhere. At least a couple good weekends worth before we have to start searching for last ice.

:tipup:
NBG

oh yeah we have at least a couple out to long lake in Ionia County me and dad thought closer to 18 or 19
That's a wopper!!!

I'ts huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline rileyross

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "damn i forgot the bait"
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2008, 04:24 PM »
Yeah when i was up in the Gaylord area a few weeks ago i was drilling through about 16-19 inches of ice and its been cold ever since so fishing will be on for a while.  And as for southeastern michigan i was fishing last weekend with about 10-12 inches of ice so the fish is on. ;D
"Just thinkin about jiggin"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.