New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1027885 times)

Offline chummer16

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #4740 on: Feb 22, 2020, 04:06 PM »
Weird bite for me today.  Ended with 21 perch and two eyes.  The ones that bit came charging in and bit quick.  I also marked a ton that would stay on the screen for a long time but would not bite no matter what you did.  I have a feeling I would have limited out if I stayed all day.  There were fish under me all day, I bet they went bonkers at some point. Most of the fish including the eyes came on tiny jigs with two spikes. A couple on a dead stick minnow but they definitely wanted the small stuff.

Offline elrodalonzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4741 on: Feb 22, 2020, 06:33 PM »
crapieslammer I feel your pain.   Onieda Lake hates me     2 1/2 hour ride for me , every time I come up the fish don't bite , the wind blows , it rains, the ice is NO GOOD 3 feet of snow, on & on   I want so bad to catch some eyes thru the ice and it just does not happen     congrats to all who due well there , I just suck at it
     I had thought about coming up tomorrow, but it sounds like you guys got some snow and with the warm temps coming I expect it will be nasty walking  good luck all
62, There's almost no snow on the ice walking is fine. We haven't lost any ice in the last few days, gained a bit it anything.  Don't know about the next few days though a lot of the ice is solid now but not what you'd call quality ice, it will deteriorate fast with a couple of warm days or rain like we're supposed to get.

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4742 on: Feb 22, 2020, 06:50 PM »
thanks el

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4743 on: Feb 22, 2020, 07:07 PM »
Great eye Chow! What a hog 💪🏻 

Got out for couple hours this morning with little Deadeyez. Tried a different spot for perch/eyes. We marked quite a few but some of them were lethargic while others screamed up to the lure. Didn’t set things on fire but It’s always a fun time with my best buddy. Here’s our catch

NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4744 on: Feb 22, 2020, 07:42 PM »
you never fished with me your a jerk

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4745 on: Feb 22, 2020, 08:26 PM »
 not even sure what that was all about .............  :cookoo:

Offline claymore6

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4746 on: Feb 22, 2020, 09:01 PM »
It was an Internet Troll.  see the site below for more info. Since he got a response he/she will be back

https://www.howtogeek.com/465416/what-is-an-internet-troll-and-how-to-handle-trolls/

Offline sawdust

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4747 on: Feb 22, 2020, 09:30 PM »
Hats off to the eyez! You boys have done a stellar job teaching the “little eyez” how to catch those walleyes and perch. Trying to do the same with my kids.

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4748 on: Feb 23, 2020, 04:26 AM »
Wife and I fished off Sylvan Beach again yesterday. Walked about a mile out slightly toward channel. Started setting up around 7:30. Flags started going up. Left around 1:30. 9 good perch. 12.5" - 9". Nothing smaller. 24' of water. At least 20+ flags. Hit and drop, stolen bait. Wife had her tip-up go up same time as mine. Ran 40' in a hurry and stopped. She tried to set the hook but missed hooking it. Probably a smallie. Tried jigging many holes but couldn't mark anything or bring them in. Thought that was weird because of the flags we got all day. Good time out there. Maybe next week for walleyes.
      Kim :tipup: :tipup: :icefish: :clap:

Certainly respect you guys for getting those walleyes. Just have to put my time in...
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4749 on: Feb 23, 2020, 05:11 AM »
you'll get them

Offline Rickr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4750 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:20 AM »
Wasn’t a bad day for us yesterday no complaints here

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4751 on: Feb 23, 2020, 08:58 AM »
Great job Bobby and lil’ Deadeyez!

Offline fly_rodder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4752 on: Feb 23, 2020, 09:31 AM »
Slow day yesterday morning. Marked lots of fish, landed 5 perch and this toad of a smallie in 30 FOW. Came screaming up and smashed a silver Cleo tipped with a buckeye. Though I had a heckuva walleye on at first.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4753 on: Feb 23, 2020, 10:18 AM »
Those smb are always fun to catch...real fighters !!

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4754 on: Feb 23, 2020, 10:51 AM »
Great looking fish, guys. And awesome getting the young fella on ‘em, DeadEyez.

I usually run into more smallies and burbot this time of year. They’re both fun to catch and the burbot are tasty too.

Offline Tbell112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4755 on: Feb 23, 2020, 11:23 AM »

My morning couldn’t have gone any worse today. Couldn’t find keys to my truck before I was about to take off on the ice, needless to say I had them in my pocket the entire time 🙄. I get out there a little later then I would have hoped. First walleye comes charging at it... I set the hook and my rod snaps. Screen is full at this point and I’m trying to get my other rod set up. Drop that one down and I get another hit and I snap my jiggin rap off... just wasn’t my day... still managed a few.

Offline Crappie slammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4756 on: Feb 23, 2020, 12:49 PM »
I should through a couple of yours on my hook Rickr at least felt a fight

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4757 on: Feb 23, 2020, 03:41 PM »
Had a great day yesterday on the eyes.  Started at about noon and action picked up in afternoon as the day went on.
Landed 7 keepers ... lots of shorts... and a couple of nice big bonus perch...had a good time. Was wore out from a loooong drag .

Great job Bobby Deady and jr, tbelll and everyone that caught fish and had fun out there.

Awesome fish Chowdaire.

1 small rant...Parking lot at Chapman was crazy. could have have fit more vehicles if people would be courteous how they park. Over flow lot looked a bit more orderly.
 Amazing amount of people out On both shores of Oneida yesterday enjoying the ice and weather.
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline tblaster123

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4758 on: Feb 23, 2020, 04:34 PM »

My morning couldn’t have gone any worse today. Couldn’t find keys to my truck before I was about to take off on the ice, needless to say I had them in my pocket the entire time 🙄. I get out there a little later then I would have hoped. First walleye comes charging at it... I set the hook and my rod snaps. Screen is full at this point and I’m trying to get my other rod set up. Drop that one down and I get another hit and I snap my jiggin rap off... just wasn’t my day... still managed a few.

Jeez I must be doing something wrong. That photo is 1 walleye shy of my best day ever on oneida and you put those fish on the ice with issues slowing you down!

Was incredibly slow out of chapman this afternoon... had 6 jumbo perch by about 1030 and then the fish disappeared. Stayed til around 2 only marked about 2 or 3 fish and called it a day.

Offline Rickr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4759 on: Feb 23, 2020, 05:25 PM »
I would have let ya crappie slammer lol did ya make out there today

Offline BASSMASTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4760 on: Feb 23, 2020, 05:38 PM »
Update fished sat and sunday sat out of Lewis me and fiancee got 5 eyes right al last light and she dropped a big one for her limit out. Boy was she pissed. Then fished sunday for a couple of hours off the beach in 20 ft got 2 nice eye one on tip up other on rap. She got a few big perch  and lost a nice eye on the tip down

Offline BASSMASTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4761 on: Feb 23, 2020, 05:39 PM »
2 day tally 7 eyes 3 perch and a bunch of throw backs too

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4762 on: Feb 23, 2020, 05:56 PM »
Glad you got some nice walleye. Way to go.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4763 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:24 PM »
  I got lucky and landed on some active fish , perch action was good kept 34 , but the dam eyes kept showing up 😡and they were hot , kept a limit
 Got 2 really nice perch 13 and 13.5

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4764 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:28 PM »
 That's a Great day Fred...sounds like you had a ball.
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4765 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:31 PM »
fred  :thumbsup: thats a good mess rigt there mister

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4766 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:33 PM »

Thanks trapp you had a good day on the flats

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4767 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:39 PM »
started ok but i had to leave early...but it was ok

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4768 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:43 PM »
That’s a great day Fred.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4769 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:46 PM »

Thanks Bruce it doesn’t happen very often
 Almost forgot I had a first ever in over 30+ years thought I had a hog eye on lmao

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.