Author Topic: Tournament  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Tournament
« on: Nov 06, 2003, 11:07 PM »
Anyone ever fished in this tournament?  It's the Brainerd Jaycees $150 000 Ice Fishing Extravaganza.  Man I've never even seen that many people on the ice(not all together anyway).  With the volume of noise you would think it a miracle a fish would even get registered.

Lots of cool Prizes...Last year there was 10000 participants, over 1000 fish registered.  
1st Prize: Ford truck
100th Prize $10000
150th Prize ATV
and everything in between...Not to mention millions raised for charity...
Let's go guys....

http://www.icefishing.org/

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re:Tournament
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2003, 07:09 AM »
Wow that looks big Trevor. Previous years I fished  derbies here in BC that had 500-1100 fisherpersons. Last year went to your back yard and fished the Pigeon lake derby. I thought that one was huge with 3000-4000 people fishing. Very BIG indeed.Looks like fun.

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re:Tournament
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2003, 12:13 PM »
HOLY CRAP.....that's a lot of poeple. I'd hate to be the guy set-up near the Port-a-potties......You gotta wonder if every fish in the lake was caught that day.....and I can't imagine having to fight for a spot.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.