Author Topic: Plastics for Perch  (Read 4006 times)

Offline pierce1308

• IceShanty Rookie
Plastics for Perch
« on: Jan 07, 2015, 06:27 PM »
For all you perch fisherman out there, I was just wondering how effective it is catching larger perch with plastics on jigs like maki plastics, custom jigs and spins plastics , and northland tackle plastics?

Offline FishHawkVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Plastics for Perch
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2015, 08:05 PM »
I've had some success with an original Maki under a Hali - threaded on just to the bend of the hook so it sits horizontally in the water.

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2015, 08:27 AM »
I've caught them on plastics but for me its more of a confidence thing which is why I tend to go to live bait primarily.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2015, 12:44 PM »
Plastics and artificials is all I use and do well. Much of it depends on the area and the bottom they're using. A 1/64(ish) oz collarless Aberdeen hooked jig bent 45* "UP" with a whip type plastic (usually Red) thumped on bottom in the muck draws and catches many fish. Thump awhile then dead stick it right on the bottom is often more than they can stand when a JigginRap type is worked very near bottom a few feet away. Bottom worms are a staple food for many pannies, just giving them what they want and expect. Very light bites on the Whip, like a toddler slurping spaghetti, total inhale where the line and/or bobber will barely twitch. Have watched with a UW Camera and is amazing to observe

Offline italianice77

• IceShanty Rookie
  • have a crappie day!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2015, 02:32 PM »
I've had good luck with maki's and berkley gulp on perch. Some of my bigger fish were on them.
it's all fun and games till somebody looses a walleye!!

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2015, 04:57 PM »
I use the finesse trailers from CJS, I really like them on a size 12 bobber fry pink/white with red glow.  One of my go-to's for perch, have caught big fish on them but I like bigger presentation when jumbos are mixed in with smaller fish.  Seems like the 8-10" love the plastics.

Offline fishin machine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2015, 09:35 PM »
CJ&S finesse plastics on a tungsten jig, or Ratso's are working pretty good for me right now.
If your gonna be dumb, You gotta be tough.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2015, 09:49 PM »
No intent to highjack this thread, so, just a parenthetical note ~ (Perch are cannibals, Ahem!)         ;)2

Offline striperman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2015, 06:35 AM »
Reins 3 "bubbling shaker worms in uv glow with 1/32 oz jig.
It's not how deep you fish,
Its how you wiggle your worm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.