Author Topic: Lakes south of Ainsworth  (Read 1386 times)

Offline cwright

• IceShanty Rookie
Lakes south of Ainsworth
« on: Feb 01, 2018, 05:42 PM »
Ive been researching some of the lakes south of Ainsworth lately due to being born there and havent fished the area in almost 30 years.  My old man tells me stories of ice fishing with me up there at lakes like enders, long, rat, clear, willow, etc.  Im looking to make an early start from west of lincoln and make a one day trip there and back next week but dont want to go blind..  Anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated.  not looking for exact spots just good lakes.  Ill do the leg work there.  Always appreciate the help and good readings on here fellow ice anglers

Offline jhankla

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lakes south of Ainsworth
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2018, 09:41 PM »
I fished clear earlier this year. Caught a few nice perch but you had to weed through  a lot of little ones. I’ve been told willow isn’t any good yet since they redid it.

Offline [email protected]

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2018, 09:55 PM »
I’ve been working here in Johnstown for a few weeks and we have fished the two little lakes south of ainsworth airport. We have caught at least 75 perch and 23 of them keepers. Cub creek off hwy 12 is good for crappies up to 10 1/2”. That’s as big as we got them. Good bluegills too. Hope this helps you.
Scott

Offline cwright

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2018, 10:15 PM »
Appreciate the info on the area!  Just trying to relive some memories and have been reading some of whitetips articles and just trying to make this a memorable short trip.  Hopefully longer next year but gotta take what time you can get to fish the beautiful sandhills of nebraska.  doesnt get much better than that

Offline cwright

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2018, 10:19 PM »
were those lakes moon and alkali or private spots?

Offline whitetips

• Team IceShanty Addict
Daryl Bauer
Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
[email protected]
http://neblandvm.outdoornebraska.gov/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Offline [email protected]

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2018, 12:28 PM »
Those lakes are public water. Big akali is in the refuge.willow isn’t good now because of the redo on it. Good luck

Offline sandhill sparky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2018, 06:56 AM »
Big Alkali is not in the refuge. Fished on Willow in Brown Co. on Saturday, marked a lot of fish but only had 1 bite.

Offline cwright

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2018, 05:04 PM »
Thank you everyone for all your help and insight. I’ll let you know how we do. Stay safe out there and good luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.