Author Topic: Underwater Cameras  (Read 602 times)

Offline speckspotter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Underwater Cameras
« on: Mar 15, 2024, 11:54 AM »
Hey gang, I am looking for opinions on what is a good underwater camera these days.

I have an old Aqua View that I bought from a friend. It has performed okay but has needed some work and probably won't last much longer. I was never happy with the battery life until I replaced the battery with a Dakota Li which gives all the juice I need. The screen throws so much reflection it is nearly impossible to use in the daytime unless in a darkened tent. The lights are weak for night work and there is no infra red option. The picture is so - so under the best conditions.

The main use for the camera has been to help engage the grandkids and newer fishers when there are lots of perch around. I would like to know what camera offers the versatility of day and night time use while providing a high resolution picture and at least 8 hours of battery life. Something that would permit daytime fishing in the open would also be desirable. I'm not sure if portability is a deal breaker, but a larger screen in the 7" range would be desirable.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Offline Saskfish6

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Underwater Cameras
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2024, 09:45 AM »
I have an Eyoyo that I bought off Amazon in 2021, my buddy has the same one that he bought a few years before me. Nothing but good things to say. It is all in one convenient carrying case, picture is good, and the battery has no problem lasting me a full day on the ice. All and the cost you can afford to buy 3 for the price of most you can get in store. 

Offline speckspotter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Underwater Cameras
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2024, 10:43 AM »
Thanks, Saskfish. I guess cameras aren't a hot topic on this forum. My buddy has an Eyoyo that gives a good picture and I like the compactness of the unit, but it seems to have a lot of bits and pieces and the cable is very thin. I ended up going with the Aqua-Vu 715C as recommended at The Fishin Hole. This unit addresses many of my complaints about my old camera, especially the battery charging procedure. I like the robust build of this camera and its ease of set up. With two days left in the season, I will be putting it to work on the weekend.

Thanks to Brian for the great end of season deal as well!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.