Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving!  (Read 2415 times)

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Happy Thanksgiving!
« on: Nov 21, 2007, 04:40 PM »
Yup I could not resist this year. I tapped a few and started cooking. I have a 20 1/4# bird getting ready for the oven. I am doing it garlic and herb this year.  But most importantly..........I cook better when I pretend I am in the bob house.  So the next one I tip back, it will be tipped for all of you here at IS and the upcoming hard water season!

Here, here!  Cheers!

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2007, 05:49 PM »
Hope all have a great turkey day. Tipping a few myself. Have a great day everyone.

Offline pipes18079

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2007, 07:06 PM »
I wish Icould say the same. I am in the middle of a 32 hr shift. Well to all a happy thanksgiving and hope to meet some of ya on the ice soon.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2007, 07:12 AM »
I wish Icould say the same. I am in the middle of a 32 hr shift. Well to all a happy thanksgiving and hope to meet some of ya on the ice soon.

I hear ya! I am working on the Boo Boo bus today. With the roads the way they are, I am sure I will have to go out a time or two.  :-\

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2007, 06:52 PM »
I am kickin a few as I just watched the cowboys destroy the jets, whata day! home cooked texas meal, nice big bird with alllll the fixin's this is what I needed with the crappy past couple months, I am gonna head back up ready to train and ice fish!

Happy Turkey Day Y'all!!!

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline jgguppyboy2

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice ice baby!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2007, 08:54 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope everyone stuffed themselves!  I know I did.  Now I gotta go back to work in the am.  I hate retail for this very reason.... BLACK FRIDAY.  I just dont get what is so fun about battling the crowds at the buttcrack of dawn.  I would much rather be in the woods by myself with nothing but peace and quiet and hopefully a deer!

~Stefan~

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2007, 06:58 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope everyone stuffed themselves! 

I would much rather be in the woods by myself with nothing but peace and quiet and hopefully a deer!

~Stefan~

I made 3 trips to the bird this year.  Man was I hurting after that!  I cooked the bird and I also made some apple crisp and pumpkin pies.....It was a good feast at my house this year!

I think all of us would rather be in the woods or on the ice!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2007, 10:24 AM »
your right.........i personally hate this time of year, because my boat is getting winterized, there is no ice, and hunting doesn't always fill my appetite. i have been bird hunting this year, but have not got a shot off. we flushed 6 last weekend out in amherst and saw one rabbit. we will head back out tomorrow, but it seems that i have been just to lazy to do anything. i guess i love hunting, but it doesn't stack up to fishing in my book. i guess i just love bass fishing too much.
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2007, 10:26 AM »
i guess i love hunting, but it doesn't stack up to fishing in my book. i guess i just love bass fishing too much.

You had me until you said that 4 letter word in the last sentence.  I love to hunt, actually I live to hunt. But fishing on the ice has got to be my all time favorite activity!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.