Author Topic: any one having a hot bite  (Read 3705 times)

Offline wallyguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
any one having a hot bite
« on: Dec 22, 2003, 04:33 PM »
 has any started the hard water season with a bang lets get some reports  ;D >:( 8) ::) :P :-[:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( ;D

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
Re:any one having a hot bite
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2003, 05:47 PM »
Meadow Lake PP and the lakes around Loon Lake are quite hot right now.  Fished Ghost Lake, & Upper Makwa and caught well.  Lots of walleye & perch.  Friends fished Lac des Isles, Pierce, and the lakes around there and caught well!!!

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2003, 05:45 AM »
Echo continues to be good right out in front of the hatchery, about 250 yds,  with the odd 3 and 4 pounder.  No really big ones this week but the possibility's always there.  After reading the Last Mountain posts I'm tempted to drive upnorth though!
The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

jigpig

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2003, 09:35 PM »
went to katepwa north shore this afternoon. caught loads of perch mostly small ones, and three decent walleyes. heading back to last mountain tomorrow.

jigpig

« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2003, 12:31 PM »
went to pasqua on the 24th. didnt start fishing till around 2:00. caught six walleye and 21 perch.walleye didnt move in till around 4:45, till dark. anyone know of any good morning bites, preferably on the mountain? i am back on night shifts till next week and can only fish till noon.

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2003, 11:41 AM »
My friends went to the Wee-Too/Alice Beach side on Friday and did well, and I was going to go back there with them today, but this blizzard warning compounded by some car trouble put the kibosh on that idea.  Is there any chance of someone scanning and posting a contour map of some of these lakes on this site, or is that too flagrant a copyright violation?  I can see that being a real benefit winter and summer, but the government printer might have some sort of ban on that?  At least my pal gave me some pickerel for lunch! :)
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2003, 10:33 AM »
   Has anyone been to Collingwood in the past week? And by the way, does anyone know how thick the ice is at Katepwa?  I heard the perch were in only 6' of water.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

jigpig

« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2004, 12:40 PM »
was on katepwa the week before christmas. there was about a foot of ice. there should be plenty to drive on now. the perch [most of them] were in about 8-12ft.was at alice on the 1st, and all we caught was perch and no walleye. 'BUMMER' :P :P :P

jigpig

« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2004, 07:59 PM »
went to katepwa for perch today. caught lots but you catch 10 small ones for every keeper. headed to pasqua for the evening walleye bite and it was awesome!!!! heard there still catching at the hatchery on echo with some pretty big walleye being pulled out of there. all in all it was a pretty good weekend. :) :D :) :D

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2004, 12:54 PM »
I went out to Echo for a couple of hours on Tues aft. and it was pretty dismal.  Caught 3 tullibees right away and then nothing for the next 1 1/2 hrs.  I had to hide behind somebody's shack to get out of the wind.  I thought that since the solunar tables say mid week this week should have the best fishing this month there might be a few fish biting, but it just wasn't so.  It was nice to get out of town for the afternoon anyway. :)  2 more months, so we'll have to make the most of it!
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.