Author Topic: mission lake  (Read 1634 times)

Offline saskafishman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ice fish or perish
mission lake
« on: Jan 25, 2005, 01:12 PM »
I will be heading down to lebrett for the weekend and was wondering if anyone has fished mission lake this year. I would imagine there would be some perch walleye and pike to be had .  Is there anywhere on the lake where a guy could walk out ?   what type of lures are people using for the fish there?  any help would be apprecciated. thanks , saskafishman.  :tipup:

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: mission lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2005, 07:50 PM »
I've been parking by the school west of the church and walking out almost almost 2/3 across and almost in line between the chapel on the hill above town and the microwave tower on the south side. W of the S side power cut.   You might find our holes.  It's kind of a tough walk, but there'll be a good crust probably by now.  Little glow jigs or tee-tots with a perch eye or walleye eye or minnow head or tail.  Let rest on bottom 10 secs then raise 2" and hold, maybe gently waving it a  little.  Where the guys were parking on the south side they got hell for cutting thru somebody's cottage so less agro just to park on the N side.  There's nusiance tullibees but just throw them back and keep fishing cause there's pickerel and the odd jack there.  I've had crummy luck with perch but the other guys are getting them (mostly little).  I've got to work at the gun show or I'd be out there too!  Good luck anyway!
The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's like xmas, 6-8 inchs of solid ice!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2005, 01:07 AM »
How is the snow on Misson, Katepwa, Echo and Pasqua?
4x4 or no access at all?

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2005, 06:31 AM »
There's guys driving but you need a high-centered 4x4...if you go off the trail bets are off :D. They're going on at the boat launch S side of Lebret.  I don't know about the other lakes.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2005, 10:20 AM »
You can get on Katepwa at the boat launch and onto mission at the Fort(south side of bridge on the road to the ski hill). 4X4 with good tires is a must have for most areas of these lakes-there are some tracks to follow but, then you have to turn around somewhere. The boat launch at Lebret is getting a little nasty but with a 4WD it's still do-able.I don't know anything about Pasqua or Echo-haven't been there this year.As far as catch rates--it depends on the day,I'm in a slump right now so shouldn't be giving any advise. Good luck :tipup:
Buzzbomb-Hope to make it to the show-is it at the Turvey-center?

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2005, 11:58 AM »
Yup, I'll be at my friend's knife table on the balcony.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's like xmas, 6-8 inchs of solid ice!!!
Mission lake/Katepwa
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Thx. for the updates, it's always nice to hear news from "Home"!

Offline grobber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2005, 08:46 PM »
Went to Pasqua/Echo on Monday. We managed to cross the lake and clear a path but only after getting stuck 3-4 times. I've got a 4X4 with new tires. Wouldn't advise clearing a new trail with anything else. There are pathes on the lake that you could follow and get to certain spots but your choices are limited. Oh by the way, fishing was crappy! If it wasn't for the nice weather and the fact that I was skipping work it would have been a total waste of time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.