Author Topic: " what Luck"  (Read 1248 times)

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
" what Luck"
« on: Jan 05, 2013, 03:02 PM »
First time out with my kids and my fishing buds...we set up the clam tent cooked up some venison and caught  lots of yellow perch, pickerel, and some monster crappie...I was jigging one hole and latched on to a good size pickerel and almost had it out when my line snapped taking one of my Favorite Swedish Pimples.....about ten minutes later and 60 yds my buddy Allan pulls out a 18" pickerel and he yells out " hey this one has a lure in its mouth" I go running over look, at it and WHAT LUCK.. ..there was my Swedish Pimple hanging on the side of this fishes mouth...bent hook and all...LOL. 
Has anyone ever had this happen to them. 
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: " what Luck"
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2013, 03:17 PM »
I got one for you...a bass took two shiners from two different traps and set off both flags...the ladies were pulling on both ends and they each thought they had a giant...glad you got your lure back
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2013, 03:20 PM »
That's classic...LOL..
I'm glad too..I usually have great luck with that one pimple..

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2013, 03:22 PM »
That's classic...LOL..
I'm glad too..I usually have great luck with that one pimple..
pickeral are crazy sometimes...often times they will have two or three of our shiners in their face...good luck this season
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2013, 03:33 PM »
Had it happen cod jigging … pretty cool. Lost a cod line must of been frayed a bit and next drift same area hooked up fish had the cod jig and teaser in its mouth!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2013, 04:10 PM »
A long time ago - over 40 years when we fished with a stick tipups and put the line on the ice I noticed 1 tipup missing. Figured it fell in. About twenty minutes later we had a flag and up comes a good sized pickerel with two line in his mouth!Simply amazing!

Offline Oddfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2013, 04:28 PM »
They are crazy predators.  I caught one 3 times in the same hole in about 3 hours last year.  Even took it about a hundred yards away and droped it in a different hole.  The thing came back to the old hole within 15 minutes.

Oddfish
stick around something odd will come out soon.

Offline JigChaser08

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I Was Fishin'
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2013, 05:19 PM »
hahaha thats great  @)
Henry

Offline kl3377

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2013, 06:58 PM »
I hope you bought a lottery ticket today after that.
A watched lake never freezes.

Offline Hounded819

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2013, 07:41 PM »
never had it fishing but a buddy shot a deer with a bow in the shoulder. arrow stuck in and never found it 2 weeks later i shot that same deer over 10 miles away arrow still in shoulder

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2013, 07:51 PM »
I got one for you...a bass took two shiners from two different traps and set off both flags...the ladies were pulling on both ends and they each thought they had a giant...glad you got your lure back
I did that with my brother with  a lake trout on winni, it took both shiners. we too thought we had a monsta. lol

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2013, 08:03 PM »
It's funny that ya read about these things or you hear about them happening to other outdoorsman, I'm  finding that its more common than not and that every story in its own is quite comical...

Offline lawnguyjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Masshole
« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2013, 08:11 PM »
Awesome! Good story
Newfound (Circus)

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2013, 09:06 PM »
If you love something let it go, if it comes back it was meant to be.... LOL
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2013, 09:17 PM »
A friend of mine was trolling on Winni. Had a nice salmon on, the back half of his tandem fly broke off, attached to the fish. Half an hour later his boat caught the same fish. Hounded's deer story is amazing!
Richard

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.