Author Topic: "New England" Ice Fishing Gathering?  (Read 4919 times)

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
Re: "New England" Ice Fishing Gathering?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 22, 2013, 01:14 PM »
How any is your group?

Offline maniac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 22, 2013, 02:23 PM »
Usually 4-6
HERE FISHY, FISHY

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 25, 2013, 04:22 PM »
It looks like it will be a great turnout for our first New England Ice Shanty Gathering! The “Rallying Point” is within sight and walking distance from the boat ramp. Remember you will not need to get a fishing licence for ME for the 16th and 17th!

Offline Ole Polanski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:34 PM »
Hey Allan.... Sounds like a great plan!!  Not familiar with ME regs at all.  Live bait OK? How many tip-ups? Depths??  Thanks!!
"Where there's watah....There's Feesh!"

Offline Stewie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:44 PM »
I have a feeling I'll be driving up with a carload of Massachusetts and Rhode Islanders. Sounds like a good idea

Offline Bugman1964

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:50 PM »

Offline Ole Polanski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 29, 2013, 07:52 PM »
Thanks Bugman!!!   :tipup:
"Where there's watah....There's Feesh!"

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #37 on: Feb 10, 2013, 06:34 PM »
Some of the Maine Regs that you might not know, coming from another state, this is not all of them, but most of them;

ICE FISHING
GENERAL INTERSTATE ICE FISHING RULES:
• Open to ice fishing: January 1 - March 31: All species except landlocked
salmon (Exception: Salmon Falls River).
• No landlocked salmon through the ice.
• No cusk fishing.

Daily Bag Limits:
• Landlocked salmon.......No landlocked salmon through the ice, 2 fish open
water fishing.
• Trout, and togue............5 fish, but no more than 2 landlocked salmon, 2 togue,
2 rainbow trout, 2 brown trout, or 2 brook trout.
• Pickerel.............. ............5 fish.
• Bass.................. .............October 1 – June 20: 1 fish; June 21-Sept. 30: 3 fish
(only 1 may exceed 14 inches).
• All other species............No bag limits.
Any legal fish, except bait fish and smelts, taken from the waters shall be
immediately released alive into the waters from which it was taken or shall be
killed at once and become part of the daily bag limit.

Great East Lake: Restricted to two lines per person. Minimum length limit on
togue: 16 inches. Tributaries closed to the taking of smelts.

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #38 on: Feb 13, 2013, 05:43 AM »
I'll be there at 0 dark thirty Saturday
What can I do to help setup?
Pirk
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline FishEnticer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Feb 13, 2013, 02:32 PM »
Hey Allen Is your get to gether still on this week end?  If so which day?  Do you think the ice conditions will be okay for a small 300 4 wheeler?  I can get out saturday am.  I going to my grandson's basketball game in the afternoon.

John

Offline BHardy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 13, 2013, 05:49 PM »
I took the sled out for a ride out to Great East today, turned around once I got to the lake.  Right now there is about 15 inches of snow, 10 of which are slush.  With 35-40 temps thru the weekend its not going to get solid, Good luck! 

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #41 on: Feb 13, 2013, 07:07 PM »
Well if I am not fishing there, it would be some where else that has slush!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Feb 14, 2013, 08:05 AM »
Does anyone know if I need a Maine registration to put my sled on Great East?
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline BHardy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 14, 2013, 09:52 AM »
You are good to go while on the lake, as long as your sled is registered in NH....but keep in mind the parking area is in MAINE, so technically you are in violation the entire time if you operate it from the parking lot to the water.   I honestly don't know how anal they are about enforcing this, but just keep it in mind.

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 14, 2013, 12:56 PM »
Planing on heading up Saturday AM
Who's going?
Pirk
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline stompa13i

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Feb 14, 2013, 03:10 PM »
You are good to go while on the lake, as long as your sled is registered in NH....but keep in mind the parking area is in MAINE, so technically you are in violation the entire time if you operate it from the parking lot to the water.   I honestly don't know how anal they are about enforcing this, but just keep it in mind.

My sleds are NH registered and I have spend the better part of last 4 seasons launching from the "Maine" boat landing with no questions asked.  Of course, I've only ran into F&G (or IFW I think in Maine) a few times out there and never in the parking lot.  I can't imagine they would give anybody a hard time over that though.
TP

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 15, 2013, 04:20 AM »
il b there at zero dark thirty also. only able to make a morning appearance. (til about 11) hoofin it in with some snowshoes. hope to see you all there to support stripernuts efforts. first time fishin this lake so any help will be apreciated.

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Feb 15, 2013, 07:14 PM »
Missed getting bait  :%$#!:
Anyone know of bait near Great East?
Pirk

Offline Bugman1964

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Feb 15, 2013, 07:30 PM »
Does anyone know if I need a Maine registration to put my sled on Great East?

7. Snowmobiles of nonresidents; Maine-New Hampshire Cooperative Trails. Except as specifically provided in this subsection and notwithstanding any other provision of law, a snowmobile belonging to a nonresident may be possessed or operated by any person in this State as long as the snowmobile is properly registered in this State in the name of a nonresident owner of the snowmobile. Nothing in this subsection authorizes the operation of a snowmobile in a manner contrary to this chapter.

A. A nonresident is ineligible to obtain a resident registration for a snowmobile owned by that nonresident. Snowmobiles and grooming equipment registered to federal or state entities, snowmobile clubs, municipalities or counties from bordering states or provinces and engaged in trail grooming may be operated without being registered under this subsection. Snowmobiles registered in either New Hampshire or Canada may be operated on any lake or pond that is partly in both the State and New Hampshire or Canada without being registered in the State.

B. A snowmobile registered in this State or in New Hampshire may be operated without further registration requirements on those portions of the Maine-New Hampshire Cooperative trails located in Maine. For purposes of this paragraph, “Maine-New Hampshire Cooperative trails” means:

(1) New Hampshire Trail 18 as identified in the Success Pond – Grafton Notch area; and

(2) Maine Trail ITS-80 as identified in the Evans Notch area of the White Mountain National Forest.

C. Snowmobiles registered in another state or in a Canadian province may be operated without a Maine registration at a special event or festival organized to occur in this State if such operation is approved by the commissioner. An event or festival organizer must submit a request in writing to the commissioner at least 60 days prior to the event or festival and shall include a map of trails where operation will be allowed.

D. Snowmobiles may be operated, without registration, at demonstration events approved by the Commissioner. For more info, contact the Department.

Reimbursement for grooming and maintenance services on these trails may be through direct cash payments by users of the Maine-New Hampshire Cooperative Trails or through in-kind services. The costs of grooming and maintenance must be based on the average per mile costs to Maine and New Hampshire of providing these services.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #49 on: Feb 15, 2013, 07:32 PM »
Missed getting bait  :%$#!:
Anyone know of bait near Great East?
Pirk

Sent pm
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #50 on: Feb 15, 2013, 07:32 PM »
I will be getting bait at Nute's on rt 16 on the way up...

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #51 on: Feb 15, 2013, 07:34 PM »
Well I am finishing up the packing for the trip to Great East and am looking forward to meeting the many people that said they are coming! I have heard from guys coming from every state except VT... We should have a Ice Shanty flag up at the meeting point and hope that we can all get together around 11:00 am (if you are fishing somewhere else) for a group photo!.
Good Luck and Tight lines!

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #52 on: Feb 16, 2013, 04:23 PM »

Wasn't able to meet up with anyone today from IS, I was on he NH side with a buddy of mine. Was able to jig up a couple before calling it a day...
Great East Laker 18"-2lb
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline stompa13i

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Feb 16, 2013, 05:11 PM »
Made it out to great east today for the get together.  Only able to stay until a little after noon but it was great to meet some of the members on here!  I am HORRIBLE with names but I remember a stripernut, lavaman, pirk, pirk's buddy (not on iceshanty because, according to him, "can't work a cell phone let alone a computer"), ed from rhode island (didn't get screen name), and a couple of other guys that I don't remember their names (sorry guys!).

Great to meet you all (and even catch a fish on great east....)!
TP

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Feb 16, 2013, 08:07 PM »
it was nice to meet u as well stompa. good talk of the local ponds. we gotta get out on some of those ponds someday. good talk with perkaus also. next time im bringin smelt

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:54 AM »
My buddy Dan and I had a great day, the "10 inches" of slush wasn't too bad.   The sun popped out for a bit, but made it too warm, was glad to see the clouds roll back in.   We got 3 torpedo lakers, cooked up some pork chops and brats, and even jigged a little ;D
Not as big a turn out as the New Hampshire one last year, but everyone had a good time.   It was great to meet you guys and look forward to doing it again some time.
Left my camera in Dan's truck :%$#!: will post pictures Tuesday when I get it back
A special thanks to Nute's Bait without them this day would not have been possible ;D
Pirk

Offline maniac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Feb 17, 2013, 11:08 AM »
Would have been my first one, but got called out scraping and sanding, sorry i missed it,was very much lookin forward to it, hopefully, there will b another get together, or one next yr, have fun, good luck, will def b getting some ice time in this week
HERE FISHY, FISHY

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #57 on: Feb 18, 2013, 02:10 PM »
I want to thank everyone that made it to the first New England Ice Shanty Gathering! It was some tough driving Saturday morning but we had a dozen people make it. Like most places this weekend, where was snow and slush to trudge through, but it did not dampen the fun. Between us, 8 lakers were caught, no big ones, but many keeps.
I look forward to doing it again next years and meet more great people! Again Thanks!

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Feb 19, 2013, 08:30 PM »

A good time was had by all and look forward to the next time
Pirk

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.