Author Topic: 1/17/10 jenness pond with bowlhogs crew (pics)  (Read 1677 times)

Offline BOWLHOGS

• IceShanty Rookie
1/17/10 jenness pond with bowlhogs crew (pics)
« on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:57 PM »
figured i try some new water    this past weekend with   my other fishin holes not producing    ..   the 5 of us ventured out to jennness  pond     on the water by 630 am   (up @ 330 )  to a good sunrise       and  only 1 small group out there  ..  got out to spot i like during the open water   and we started to drill out   19 holes    tuff work in 13''  of ice ...within  5 mins    flag    was off  already and  and spool was singing bass be spinnin so im a grinnin     .....  landed a solid  3 lb plus smallie  no scale was in other sled drillin holes   but did have tape measure on it and was 20''...    continued  out  to be a day of  pickeral  lost count  after 30  least there were all  about 2lbs plus... did end  up catching sum nice larrys  as well up to 3lbs    and sum  big perch @ 14''   and 1.3 lbs ..also jigged up perch sunnies  and pickeral .. all in all   fun day with using 100 shiners  ....   left pond @ 430  pm ....      some riding out in the quads    and   some sled jumping     to kill sum time during slow period    ....lookin to try out sum new   water this weekend       didnt get enuff bass   and  still havent got that 5lb this season  :tipup:

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: 1/17/10 jenness pond with bowlhogs crew (pics)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2010, 08:34 AM »
nice pictures..how's the parking?
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline deerme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2010, 08:47 AM »
wow that is a beautiful smally.....sounds like you guys had a great day!!!!!!

Offline banman1960

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2010, 09:11 AM »
Those are some beautiful bass...........looks like you had a blast!

Offline dangerdave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2010, 02:47 PM »
Those are some nice bass!! :tipup:
fished jenness 2 summers ago. There is some huge large mouth in there 4-6 pounds. I had my best luck fishing in the middle of the lake in about 20 ft water using a deep diving crank. There are a number of sunken islands and rock piles straight out from the boat ramp at about half way to the exposed islands in the middle. I would try these areas for ice fishing also. I would love to hear more about your luck on this lake since it is on my list for Ice fishing...  :tipup:

Offline BOWLHOGS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2010, 05:06 PM »
jibbs   no problem on parkin  when we got there  only 1 truck  and when we left where the only vehicle there...   yea i wish    that i got a  scale on the smallie  any ideas how much it weighs     im thinkin   3.8  +      ....  i  def plan on goin    back  sooon  i have some other areas that i wanna hit  ..  def  sum big   sm and lm   in there ...    thinkin this weekend  i will be targeting   sum small water under 100 acres   im after that 6lber

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2010, 05:19 PM »
nice job.....the place is amazing in the spring....pickeral boy and i caught about 40 plus one day in the same area......it was prespawn and they were everywhere...i want to set up a trip with you in february...i will be in touch
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline BOWLHOGS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2010, 05:40 PM »
yes    sounds like a good idea  jibbs       

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.