Author Topic: Northerns losing teeth.  (Read 30106 times)

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
Re: Northerns losing teeth.
« Reply #60 on: Jan 09, 2008, 05:15 PM »
I heard that fishermen peeing in the lake (or on the ice) causes Northerns teeth to fall out.
Or wait  ??? maybe it was caused by WD-40 that was in the water from fishermen spraying it on their lures.

Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline mnfishingdude

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 43" Minnetonka Muskie - My First!
« Reply #61 on: Jan 09, 2008, 06:11 PM »
I don't know anything about northerns losing their teeth, but I do know that a lot of lakes around here in MN have mercury.  The lakes with the most mercury are usually up north and have some pretty good fishing.  I don't know about the health risks to people from mercury, but I'm sure they're there.  They say not to eat fish from those lakes if you're under 15, but I've eaten plenty of them ever since I could catch 'em.  I suppose it'll catch up to me sometime later, but I'm not seeing any effects yet.  I'd say that if you were worried about the side effects of mercury poisoning, you shouldn't eat the fish, but I'd say that the effects aren't anything that you should worry about for quite a while...

Offline limpbait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 14, 2008, 02:12 PM »
since i first heard all this chit chat ive personally caught,brushed and flossed 6 pikk,come on every body do yer part!

Offline FishinAddiction

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Is A Sport, That Makes Me An Athlete
« Reply #63 on: Jan 14, 2008, 08:27 PM »
All I hear is crickets. We are scurred of this post.

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #64 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:10 AM »
I think a lot of people in this post are getting mislead by pike losing their teeth. I'm not 100% sure, but I can't recall catching a pike that has lost the teeth on the roof of its mouth. But I do know that they lose the teeth that surround their jaws on the edges of their mouths. I'm not sure if this is a winter thing, or a stress thing, but I know they come out. Although I caught a pike yesterday that appeared to have all of those side teeth, so I'm not exactly sure how the cycle goes.
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline FishinAddiction

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Is A Sport, That Makes Me An Athlete
« Reply #65 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:18 AM »
I think a lot of people in this post are getting mislead by pike losing their teeth. I'm not 100% sure, but I can't recall catching a pike that has lost the teeth on the roof of its mouth. But I do know that they lose the teeth that surround their jaws on the edges of their mouths. I'm not sure if this is a winter thing, or a stress thing, but I know they come out. Although I caught a pike yesterday that appeared to have all of those side teeth, so I'm not exactly sure how the cycle goes.

They do shed there teeth or lose teeth. But are replaced with new teeth. People are thinking that they are shedding them totally at times of the year to where they have no teeth what so ever.

Offline Dozindoug

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Feb 20, 2008, 10:06 PM »
Sometime's I wonder why I read this site ??? ??? :laugh:

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 28, 2009, 08:57 AM »
No I think it`s gnashed taters.LOL but now I gotta figger out how to keep em on the hook.any suggestions there?Or should I have to start a new thread for that topic ??? :laugh:
whip the nashed taters for a very long time with an electric beater and add butter makes them just like glue

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 13, 2009, 10:26 PM »
Yeah I believe northern pike lose the "k-9" type teeth around there mouth during a stage in the winter..but the bristly sets on the top and bottom of mouth are never lost. Just a trait of the northern pike species obtained over a long period of time. Kind of like the deer losing their antlers type deal.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Feb 15, 2009, 03:58 PM »
I'm sure glad I refrained from making any more posts here.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Good grief people, the answer to this is common sense! Did some of you flunk biology 101 in high school? Hell maybe some of you never finished high school!  :wacko:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Feb 16, 2009, 10:41 AM »
I'm sure glad I refrained from making any more posts here.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Good grief people, the answer to this is common sense! Did some of you flunk biology 101 in high school? Hell maybe some of you never finished high school!  :wacko:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline mntransplant

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Dec 25, 2009, 07:44 AM »
Thanks to BHO and all the Dems who are intent on Bankrupting this country, now event the  Pike will have free dental coverage so we can put this teeth/no teeth/losing teeth issue to bed  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.