Author Topic: Did You Guys Buy Anything New  (Read 11953 times)

icefishnfool

Did You Guys Buy Anything New
« on: Nov 30, 2003, 09:57 AM »
I just got some new gear ....and was wandering did anybody else get   any good stuff ?
2004 fish trap guide
FL-18 ultra pac
1 new ST Croix 28'' ul rod
2 Berkley select Genz Rods light 1-4 pound
northland doodle bugs
custom jigs and spins nuclear ants and legs
FISKAS....YOUR BOBBERS DOWN INC ....JIGS ....these are new to me ....sorta expensive , but you should see the quality
new auger blades
new flambeau jig boxes

all excited to go ....now I tried to buy OLD MAN WINTER OFF , to send some ice ...he said I was being inpatient ....I guess I'll have to wait  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
Re:Did You Guys Buy Anything New
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2003, 12:56 PM »
FL 18 pro pack
1 new Gander mountain Expidtion ultra light rod & reel Combo
Strikemaster Gas Auger
Bunch Of Jig Molds (got most over the summer) (pumped out literally hundreds of jigs)
A Few Salmo Chubby Darter Lures
Jumbo Gold Jigging Rap
Few Northland Forage minnows
A new Skimmer with chisel on the end for cleaning my ice hole

mngonefishing

« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2003, 03:36 PM »
alot of nice toys. I'm holding out for a new sled this year. ;D I have looked at some of the new 4 strokes ($$$ and slow) good luck with the new toys :D

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2003, 05:30 PM »
Today I picked up some shrimpo's,a few more nucular ants,3 jigging rapala's,and a chubby darter and 2 more 28 inch poles.oh yeah some 2lb test..This stuff keeps adding up.Looked at a fl 18 too plus all the new ice shelters they are getting sweeter by the year.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Mike P. Sheahan

« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2003, 06:06 PM »
This was a good year for new stuff!

I sold my old shack at a rummage sale this summer, so I picked up the the new Ranger Solo, and I love it!

Then I just placed an order with Fish307.com for the extra seat, accessory table, and the new FL-18 ultra pack and now I can't wait for the man in brown to get here.  

I also picked up the new motorized tripod for the aqua-vu.

I wish I could order some decent Ice!

icefishnfool

« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2003, 06:14 PM »
that ultra pack is the CATS BUTT .........when you are ordering ICE ....order me some too

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2003, 06:22 PM »
I aint spent no money but I got ice so its a decent trade.

Well, Frabill triplex, new vex battery, 2 pinnacle reels, forage minnow spoons, hand auger blades, cleats, chubby darters, and a bunch of hali dropper chains for different perch lures. So maybe i spent a little money.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline trimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2003, 06:28 PM »
ordered a shappell dx3000 should be here tomorow.Going to pick up a vexilar from dicks this week.Now all i need is ice.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2003, 06:31 PM »
I was going through my stuff and I can't believe I'm going to say this ...but...I don't think I need anything.

Well, I am getting that Nils Master cutter head for my Fin Bor auger...

I am missing some of my favorite jigs I guess I'll have to replace them...

I should buy some new spools of line...

There's that seat I was looking at for my fish trap...

Where's my wallet...I'll be back later.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline smeltshack

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You tell em im coming and my vex is coming with me
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2003, 06:50 PM »
Got some brand new Laker Tip Ups, 5 new Greenie Tip-Ups and braided line  from a guy having a yard sale. His dad owned a tackle shop and retired thus leaving the son with all the loot. Got 5 Laker Tip-Ups for the price of one. What a sweet deal. Got probably 1000 yards of line at over half off. Dont find deals like this every day but it sure makes you feel good when you do. My only regret is not buying more.
Looking forward to getting my SHAPPELL DX3000 Sometime within the next two weeks. Gotta wait for the inlaws to come bearing presents ha ha. Hope everyone is having a great time and keep them lines tight.
Smelty

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the going gets tough, the tough go ice fishin
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2003, 07:13 PM »
A new Fishtrap Guide, just got done making tow bars for towing with the sled, and putting aluminum runners on the bottom.
I need to upgrade the auger, its a very old Jiffy 30 10" and very heavy, but is very dependable. I might just get a 8" for it.

Wables

« Reply #11 on: Nov 30, 2003, 08:21 PM »
Well, I assembled my new Otter Magnum Lodge on turkey day, and gave my new insulated guide wear a good test on Little Bay de Noc this weekend.  I upgraded my tackle boxes to the new Plano guide series stuff, and packed them full of some pretty new lures.  I am going to the show next weekend to hopefully secure a rockin reel, and a Thorne Bros. sweetheart.  Unfortunately due to work and family obligations I won't be on the hard stuff until January.

Offline g3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • life is good!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2003, 03:13 AM »
got an fl-18 for my birthday back in august.now i want to pick out an ice shelter.any suggestions? so far i really like the looks of the frabill ultra lite

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
« Reply #13 on: Dec 01, 2003, 03:59 AM »
Ive been very happy with my FishTrap Scout. Lightweight, the  rod hammock is nice too, heats up fast, and tows well. They made a few more improvements this year including a seat that lifts sideways to acsess the rod hammock easier,and also include a pole to hold the trap half open. They always improve things after you buy them, go figure!

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 01, 2003, 08:12 AM »
Just bought a set of ski's for my Shappell 3000dx from JiggerPa. (Thanks again John)

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #15 on: Dec 01, 2003, 09:49 AM »
Only bought a few odds and ends.  I hit a Bass Pro 1/2 off sale a couple years ago and really loaded up on stuff then.  This year I only bought a bunch of 3# line for my rods and some perch eye jigs.  May get some Genz jigs yet too and will look for rods once I see sales.  I bought 2 Frabill sensive rods last year so I am okay there yet too.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline Bobberstop

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have Ice Will Fish R.I.P. TH10 3/20/09
« Reply #16 on: Dec 01, 2003, 12:16 PM »
I just got a new shappell dx3000. I have a vexilar fl8 gps and no ice fishing partner. Anyone in the Fort Wayne area interested?
Bobberstop

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 01, 2003, 04:22 PM »
Geez , i must be in the wrong line of work compared to icefishinfool and FishDeepCreek to afford all that at 1 time. And here i thought i wasn't doing too bad getting a few new jigs, a set of new blades , 1 new rod combo

Mike P. Sheahan

« Reply #18 on: Dec 02, 2003, 11:13 PM »
It feels like Christmas eve.   :D

I just got the tracking info on the stuff I ordered from Fish307, and now I hope that the Ice I ordered gets here before the "Man In Brown" does!

ice fishing fool

« Reply #19 on: Dec 03, 2003, 05:59 AM »
Bought a mustang survival suit and can't wait to try it.  For a one man shanty I have a otter den and love it except you can't stand up all the way in it, but it is extremely light and super quick to set up.  good luck jeff

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 03, 2003, 07:35 AM »
Bought a new JiffY gas auger this past summer.  I bought a new shelter at the end of the year last year and have not used it yet and I bought a new Jet Sled.  I am ready, bring it on.
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 03, 2003, 08:58 AM »
I haven't bought anything to speak of. I am waithing for the St. Paul Ice Fishing show this weekend.

Offline howey1176

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 03, 2003, 09:45 AM »
Nothing brand new, but I just got 5 vintage tipups on ebay lastweek. They are old but they are in great shape. They have a secondary flag on them that actuates every time the spool comes around, after the primary flag has tripped. I guess to let you know if the fish is running or if its a wind flag. Never seen that before, but Im only a rookie. Learn something every day I guess. Cant wait for ice so I can try them out.

vic rattlehead

« Reply #23 on: Dec 03, 2003, 07:35 PM »
 hey mngonefishin, maybe you'd be interested in my sled, 02 panther 570 esr, 330 mi...?

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 03, 2003, 10:26 PM »
Picked up some new jigs,(lots of luminous glow stuff) and a set of blades for my 7'' auger. Made the mistake of trying to replace them mid-season last year; never again! Come on ice!

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #25 on: Dec 03, 2003, 10:37 PM »
Just got a Humminbird "Bird Trap" flasher for nine dollars on EBay. I guess there are still a few good deals to be found.

Offline howey1176

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 04, 2003, 10:15 AM »
Yeah. Ebay is getting pretty bad. Arent hardly any deals left. Only time you get one is on a misprint. Most of the items are as much if not more than retail, but people still bid and think they are getting a deal.

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 08, 2003, 09:22 AM »
Went to the St. Paul Ice Fishing show on Saturday. Bought a mess of jigs from Ivan's.

There are a mess of portable shack offerings nowadays. A lot of options in augers also.

eyesat nite

« Reply #28 on: Dec 08, 2003, 09:33 AM »
Got me a new FL-8 Genz pack....

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Have a Real CRAPPIE Day!!!!
« Reply #29 on: Dec 08, 2003, 03:52 PM »
 OK Here it goes!
      Ht Polar Express Ice Shelter
      Ht Extendable Skimmer (for us Pot Bellys)
      Hali Jigs
      Fat Boys
      Marmooska Jigs
      Nuclear ants
      Trilene Micro Ice line
       and hopefully if I've got enough -
          a new FL-18!!    ;D
TEAM  PA.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.