Author Topic: Anyone use the RT9?  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Anyone use the RT9?
« on: Jul 11, 2018, 11:38 PM »
Been a long drawn out release of the product.....that nobody talks about.

Wondering if we have any users of it.

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Anyone use the RT9?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2018, 12:27 AM »
I have one, you have questions on it at all ?

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2018, 01:41 AM »
I have one, you have questions on it at all ?

Yeah what's battery life like. Does it work well? Worth the money?

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2018, 07:20 AM »
Battery life all depends on what your running on the tablet, I can get 6-8 hours out of it. As with anything though I always carry a spare batteries with me though for my LX-7 and other electronics so those longer days I can keep going. Sonar works just like every other digital sonar they have out, just a couple more button presses as its all touch screen. They just released an update for it as well which has improved it, haven't given it a full test yet.

Worth the money? It all depends on how you are going to us it. If you are only going to use it for the sonar and gps and none of the other functions on the tablet, to me your only utilizing 10% of what it can do. It would be hard for me to justify the purchase but Im not going to tell you how to spend your money haha. If you are a run and gun kind of guy, I would look at the LX-7 and the shuttle. If you have a wheeler/sled you can mount it on to utilize the GPS then put it back into the combo pack to use while fishing and only move 1-2 during the day, I think having the bigger screen with the functions that it has is totally worth it. Having a 9" screen to look at while walleye fishing, zoom ect... is worth its weight in gold. Not to mention, if you do have issues with anything a quick email to Marcum should get it taken care of. Never been let down the guys over there. 

Offline iceislife

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2018, 01:54 PM »
I have one also.  As stated.  Not a run and gun friendly unit, but awesome for permanent setup or if you are stationary.  All day fishing with lithium.  I always carry a spare no matter what unit I’m using. Very cool if you’re a techy like me.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2018, 08:57 PM »
I traded for one last year. I used it to watch movies on the ice off of my boat battery. This year it will live in the wheelhouse and be hooked up to the television. I would not pay retail for it, but on a good trade it is okay. The minimum voltage to charge the internal battery SUCKS! Once the external battery falls below 12.4 volts, you’re left with a paperweight that is 75% charged with no way to access it’s power. Then you are stuck with the power on the tablet which is not much in the cold. Make sure that your atv or snowmobile has enough juice to charge it or you will be mad again. Don’t ask me how I found that out. I would not recommend it as a primary unit, but for those of us who own several units, there is a time and place for even this beast.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2018, 09:37 PM »
I traded for one last year. I used it to watch movies on the ice off of my boat battery. This year it will live in the wheelhouse and be hooked up to the television. I would not pay retail for it, but on a good trade it is okay. The minimum voltage to charge the internal battery SUCKS! Once the external battery falls below 12.4 volts, you’re left with a paperweight that is 75% charged with no way to access it’s power. Then you are stuck with the power on the tablet which is not much in the cold. Make sure that your atv or snowmobile has enough juice to charge it or you will be mad again. Don’t ask me how I found that out. I would not recommend it as a primary unit, but for those of us who own several units, there is a time and place for even this beast.

Cool good info.....I think I'll pass on an RT-9 most reviews have been so-so nothing great.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.