The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Drill adapter preference  (Read 850 times)

Offline mvanhank222

• Team IceShanty Regular
Drill adapter preference
« on: Jan 03, 2018, 06:32 AM »
Does anyone have a favorite adapter I bought an HT and it snapped at the taper this weekend just looking for opinions. I am running an 8” mora on a mud mixer and need to mount a float or frisbee to prevent loss.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Drill adapter preference
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2018, 03:38 AM »
only one i ever used and it saves the bit from the dunk. it's the ice master.
you might have to get custom made hardened steel for the mud mixer because of the output torque.

Offline mvanhank222

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2018, 04:56 AM »
I was a little worried about that I ran the mud mixer for 1 weekend I may have to try a few adapters. I will probably have to do some trial and error and report back. At some point once I get the mixer / adapter combo correct I will do a review of the whole setup.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2018, 12:01 PM »
recently some one here (maybe prospector) used a 45$ quick connect and adapted that into it. the auger was a different make tho. look for mud mixer here to find that topic.

Offline mvanhank222

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2018, 05:47 AM »
Thanks for the replies. While I was out yesterday I picked up a Beaver Dam adapter this has a free spinning hand grip. Which is a 1” id peice of pvc with a large washer on either end held I’m place with a pin. I removed that as I don’t see a reason to have it while using the double handled mixer. I did leave the top pin and washer to use as a frisbee stop to protect from chuck detachment. It seems like a much higher quality product than the HT going to use it for a few weeks and report back. As a quick side note I really like the mixer so far but I want to get a full season before I make grand claims like “this is the greatest 8” ice drilling system imaginable.”

Offline fishercat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2018, 04:34 PM »
Just received my mud mixer. Ordered a adapter from Cabelas (Strike Master) that was supposed to be correct. Not , needed a 3/8” hole came with 5/16” . No problem make a bigger hole. It’s going on a 8” Eskimo bit. Hope to check it out this weekend.  I’m making up a 9 inch disk of aluminum to add on to the adapter.

Offline mvanhank222

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2018, 02:38 PM »
I just used a Frisbee. looking at the stikemaster that would be difficult as it doesn't have a very large flange.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.